A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Papal Contender Equates Gays to Paedophiles
Papal Contender Equates Gays to Paedophiles  [message #67473] Fri, 22 February 2013 12:15 Go to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Oh Really ... the things some people think we do down in Africa...

http://www.mambaonline.com/article.asp?artid=7897

Quote - Unquote:
> Ghana's Cardinal Peter Turkson has told CNN that the sexual abuse of children by priests is less common in Africa because of the continent's anti-gay 'culture'.

I'm rather speechless - Seems like some things will never change Sad

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Papal Contender Equates Gays to Paedophiles  [message #67474 is a reply to message #67473] Fri, 22 February 2013 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You have to remember that the priests who are gay became priests to try to avoid being gay. Celibacy is attractive when the alternative is hellfire and damnation. When presented with a perfectly delightful small boy they reason that they cannot get him pregnant however hard they try, so they try valiantly to do so.

Always remember that, if there were Altar Girls, they would be in favour of condoms. Heterosexual priests have full use of their housekeeper though; that is her role.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2013 12:45]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Papal Contender Equates Gays to Paedophiles  [message #67475 is a reply to message #67474] Fri, 22 February 2013 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

So why is he ignoring the much larger link between heterosexuality and pedophilia? More adult women have sex with under-aged boys than do men with under-aged boys, and far more men want sex with under-aged girls than women with boys. Or are the facts just getting in the way of his argument here?

raysstories.com
Re: Papal Contender Equates Gays to Paedophiles  [message #67476 is a reply to message #67475] Fri, 22 February 2013 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Never allow facts to muddy the waters of bigotry

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Another Papal Contender says 'Paedophilia not criminal condition'  [message #67553 is a reply to message #67473] Sat, 16 March 2013 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Not wishing to appear racist in any way, but the African-Christian attitudes to homosexuality and paedophilia seem very odd and irrational to me.

'Paedophilia not criminal condition' says Durban cardinal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21810980

To give an idea of the sort of person this Cardinal Napier is, in January 2005, he took the official Roman Catholic Stance and made statements arguing that government programmes to distribute condoms were ineffectual in stemming the spread of HIV.

Even if this cardinal's claim were true and if paedophilia is a disease caused by being abused as a child, just because the desire to do something is a disease wouldn't prevent it being a crime if that desire is put into practice. That's my opinion. After all, people desire lots of things, but if those things harm others then putting those desires into practice should be criminal.

IMO, those who want to rape others, who desire to hurt others, or desire to steal things, etc. may be suffering from a disease, and the desire itself shouldn't be a criminal offence but should be treated. However, there is a difference between fantasy and action, and as soon as the 'diseased' person puts their desires into action to harm another person, it is a crime and should be treated as such. Though treatment and rehabilitation may have a valid role to play in dealing with criminals, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be punished.

Re: Another Papal Contender says 'Paedophilia not criminal condition'  [message #67565 is a reply to message #67553] Mon, 18 March 2013 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

I see there has been an apology made...

"" He tweeted on Monday: "I apologise to Victims of Child Abuse offended by misstatement of what was & still is my concern about all abused including abused abuser." ""

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/SA-cardinal-apologise s-for-controversial-comments-20130318

Lesson Learnt.?.?.? I think not...

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Based upon what I'm reading in the media ...  [message #67569 is a reply to message #67473] Mon, 18 March 2013 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... this past few days (and not linked here to any one particular story as there have been a slew of them - each more depressing than the last) I dare not think that this new Bishop of Rome is going to be a better bargain than the last. Quite frankly they both appear to have been nurtured in the self-same crapper which frankly is not worthy of even being called an outhouse.

If the stories of the behaviour of this Prince of The Church during the Junta regime in The Argentine are to be believed he's one toe removed from being Josef Mengele's god-son.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
On a more humorous note ...  [message #67570 is a reply to message #67569] Mon, 18 March 2013 21:13 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... this past weekend the Canadian contender in the Papal crap-shoot has been quoted in our local media as having said he was relieved and that he thanked God he was not the one chosen.

Smart man.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Previous Topic: Equinox approaching
Next Topic: Times Are Changing
Goto Forum: