A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Rob Portman and Gay Marriage
icon3.gif Rob Portman and Gay Marriage  [message #67554] Sat, 16 March 2013 23:14 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Rob Portman's Selfish Reversal on Marriage Is a Triumph for Gay Rights is a thought provoking article

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Rob Portman and Gay Marriage  [message #67559 is a reply to message #67554] Sun, 17 March 2013 13:47 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

This article provoked me into thinking that Portman is just another opportunistic politician taking the road he sees the most profit upon.
It only took two years for him to make this 'stunning and thoughtful transformation' --- once the election cycle was done and was sure he wouldn't lose more than gain.
Where was this change of heart shortly after learning his son was gay, and prior to the elections? While Obama stumped and strutted, Portman could have been a man and a proud father, but no, he was a politician instead.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2013 13:47]

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: "Same old, same old", or not ...
Next Topic: Why does the partner for sex matter to other people?
Goto Forum: