A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Whimsy
Whimsy  [message #69558] Tue, 05 May 2015 18:02 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have a whimsical author, Pedro. Today there is but one short story on his index page. Tomorrow that changes. Since I know this is s slow burn forum, I thought I'd mention it today.

Please drop by and see what you think. And then tell us, tell him. 

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whimsy  [message #69565 is a reply to message #69558] Wed, 06 May 2015 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Today is tomorrow. And on Friday there are more additions, too.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whimsy  [message #69579 is a reply to message #69565] Thu, 07 May 2015 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Just read his first short story, Saulius http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/pedro/shorts/saulius.ht ml
A worthy read, and not the usual sort of thing.
Re: Whimsy  [message #69580 is a reply to message #69579] Thu, 07 May 2015 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Nick "
Just read his first short story, Saulius http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/pedro/shorts/saulius.ht ml
A worthy read, and not the usual sort of thing.

--
On Friday Pedro's kimono is opened further. I think we should encourage him to write more. His style is unique. Long or short, his stories paint a picture worth seeing

Re: Whimsy  [message #69592 is a reply to message #69558] Sat, 09 May 2015 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Thanks guys for your kind words and encouragement.

Pedro

Pedro
Re: Whimsy  [message #69593 is a reply to message #69592] Sat, 09 May 2015 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Pedro wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 20:07"
Thanks guys for your kind words and encouragement.

Pedro

--
Just keep doing it. Your viewpoint is unique.

Re: Whimsy  [message #69599 is a reply to message #69558] Sun, 10 May 2015 05:25 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Whimsy? I see it otherwise. Pedro reminds me that life is vignettes that might perhaps encourage the novelist. But that the vignettes can be every bit as lovely and thought provoking in themselves as War and Peace. Most definitely the work is wonderful and creative. Thanks for including it here - both of you.
Previous Topic: Knowing when it does not work
Next Topic: For Everything You Are
Goto Forum: