A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Australian News Reporting at its Finest
Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70580] Sun, 29 November 2015 02:36 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Finally answering those crucial questions of the world around us:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/daniel-r adcliffe-explains-he-was-not-wanking-on-harry-potter-set/new s-story/cc3bc2b21016aaf136a444731c1e6c6e
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70585 is a reply to message #70580] Mon, 30 November 2015 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Frankly, I don't believe it anyway.

raysstories.com
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70586 is a reply to message #70585] Mon, 30 November 2015 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Why would we be even remotely interested in the first place?

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70600 is a reply to message #70586] Sat, 05 December 2015 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashdaw is currently offline  Ashdaw

Toe is in the water

And, what if he did? it's no ones business anyway also, Why say that about Australia? we learned everything we know from the pommy press.
Sensationalism is a part of the British Tabloid scene.
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70603 is a reply to message #70586] Sat, 05 December 2015 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Sun, 29 November 2015 22:08"
Why would we be even remotely interested in the first place?

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

--

I think it's the idea that celebrities are just like the rest of us in many ways that appeals to some people.
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70606 is a reply to message #70586] Sun, 06 December 2015 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Who would be interested? Valid question.

Item 1: I was a bit struck by the fact that the article itself was in the top 5 accessed articles for 2 days down under. Not certain who was accessing it, but undoubtedly Daniel has many rabid fans on all sides of the gender (and age) continuum who could have a slightly-blushing interest in the tale.

Item 2: Some of those same interested kids might decide to rethink their goal of becoming a famous movie star in light of the kinds of questions people will still be asking them 15 years from now!

Item 3: This website (IOMFATS) has established itself as a place where young people can find answers to their questions without embarrassment. Perhaps in reading a story about a near-contemporary they could find solace that they are indeed not alone.

Item 4: During 2015, this website has experienced some 277,147 total views of 106 topics. Of these, 42.4% (117,530 views) have been divided among 104 of those topics, for an average of 0.004% per topic. Yet fully 24.6% (68,156 views)were separately made when Grasshopper took leave of the site.

Nonetheless, 33.0% (91,461 views) have been made of the Total Inspiration topic, consisting primarily of photographs of scantily-clad boys. Somehow, I suggest that the TI topic and the interest in Messr. Radcliffe are more than somewhat interrelated.

- -

To your credit, I believe it was you who suggested the Total Inspiration thread might be a candidate for retirement. That did not receive particularly broad support, showing that the interest levels among site visitors and participants is not exactly homogeneous. Perhaps it's time for you to refloat your suggestion.

ChrisR
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70608 is a reply to message #70606] Sun, 06 December 2015 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

LOL, fascinating.

>Why would we be even remotely interested in the first place?<

A rhetorical question perhaps; but, certainly not without its' own valid foundation.

We live in a World ever increasingly driven by an apparent need to live our lives however vicariously through the carryings-on of those we identify as being a "Celebrity".  Rightly or wrongly I suppose; but, never-the-less for it, somewhat of a reality in today's Social Networked society of hand-held tablets, internet aware cell-phones and portable computers and other gadgets to one degree or another.

Would I particularly care if Daniel Radcliff spanked the monkey one or more times on the set of one or more Harry Potter film sets, or whether he masturbated at all, or just how often; not really.  Frankly I'd be surprised that given he is (or was at the time) apparently a normal, healthy youngster going through puberty and all the crap that that entails, he probably had the urge a the very least a dozen or more times each and every day; if he was (and is) a typical male he will have satisfied that urge with reasonable certainty.

On a similar note, one whose answer would have far more significant, and redeeming, social value I would likely have been more interested in knowing perhaps whether Daniel had be circumcised, or not, and why either way; the answer to which would have great impact on a goodly number of youngsters who would later become parents who when the question arose in their lives whether to circumcise or not their own sons might use that knowledge to influence their own choice on that subject.

Both are equally personal topics.  The former subjective which should be relegated to the celebrity's bed-room; the latter, perhaps in their bedroom too, yet informative to a degree that the answer just might, and I do say just might, influence public opinion to one degree or another.

Do we have a right to know either?  No, not in the least, and so it should be so.

Should either be a front-page headline?  No, not likely, although in today's World I wouldn't be surprised if either were.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Addendum:

Before we start a circumcision war, I already know the answer to my aforementioned question, so there is no need to even begin speculation one way or the other about Daniel, so please let's just leave that one alone.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 December 2015 06:19]

Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70609 is a reply to message #70608] Sun, 06 December 2015 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Here's what I think is interesting about this topic:

Even though it's none of our business as to whether Daniel (or anyone else, celebrity or not, for that matter) has ever masturbated (on the set of any of the HP movies or anywhere else), and we all acknowledge that it's none of our business, we're still here talking about it anyway.
Re: Australian News Reporting at its Finest  [message #70610 is a reply to message #70609] Sun, 06 December 2015 10:50 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

My point, exactly!  Thank you Mark.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Previous Topic: I have a friend in Paris. I had two.
Next Topic: BBC and Being 15 in '15
Goto Forum: