A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Yesterday's downtime
Yesterday's downtime  [message #71798] Tue, 16 August 2016 07:07
timmy

Has no life at all

We had a major period of time yesterday and running into this morning, UK time, when the site was inaccessible. So was our hosting provider.

We have concluded that this was because someone had messed up a routing table, and pretty much screwed everyone over in that data centre.

As I am sure you realise, this was their cockup, but it was our arse that suffered.

Thank you for those who emailed to say "The site is down" all of which arrived when the site returned. When the domain is inaccessible that is also true for email. The sending and receiving of emails is impossible in that situation.

All you have to remember is it was a cockup, and that our arse bore the brunt of it. Their cockup, our arse!

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2016 07:25]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: UNK Author for "My Beach Mate"
Next Topic: Hello. :)
Goto Forum: