A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Black Eyed Boy by Its only me from across the sea
Black Eyed Boy by Its only me from across the sea  [message #72013] Sat, 22 October 2016 09:25 Go to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

A lovely tale that captures the mood of those few years of uncertainty, and summer holidays that seem to go on and on, if only the parents would stop going on and on and let you enjoy the view... well legs and bottoms are a view too

It ticked all my boxes, so I ticked it's

Smile
Re: Black Eyed David by Its only me from across the sea  [message #72015 is a reply to message #72013] Sat, 22 October 2016 10:26 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

You're very kind. I wanted to capture an innocent lad, not yet a sexual being, doing something well within his nature and worthwhile, yet unexpected and about something he doesn't understand. In short, a decent, ordinary, normal boy.

David is here

The tale is about his summer. One could argue that it could have got to the pivot point of the plot sooner, but that is only because the picture telegraphs the pivotal moments.

What I find a wonderful coincidence is two tales are referred to on this forum at the same time with the same fairly obscure locations as key parts of their setting. Hiraeth is the other.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Victor Thomas
Next Topic: Outside our niche, which is a shame
Goto Forum: