A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Outside our niche, which is a shame
Outside our niche, which is a shame  [message #72014] Sat, 22 October 2016 09:50 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Juvenile Detention has areas in it which prevent it being published here. Setting those aside, the tale has great moral merit, though there is the need to set disbelief aside at many times. It is no worse for that, it's a story!

I suspect it started out as a desire to write friction, but it turned into a story full of plot that overtook the author in the best possible way. It's not yet finished, but seems to be closing in on the end. Part of me regrets that and wants more, part says that a good finish can be the making of a tale.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Outside our niche, which is a shame  [message #72028 is a reply to message #72014] Sun, 23 October 2016 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick is currently offline  Rick

Getting started

Hi Timmy,

I just wanted to thank you for mentioning my story despite it not fitting the requirements for inclusion on your site. A member of another site where my story is featured told me about it and gave me the link to your kind comment. I also appreciate your including the link to where others can find my story.

I hope sometime in the future to write one that you will find of an acceptable standard and with the correct requirements to suit your site.

All the best

Rick

Rick
Re: Outside our niche, which is a shame  [message #72030 is a reply to message #72028] Sun, 23 October 2016 17:56 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Give it a go. It's always worth risking success!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Black Eyed Boy by Its only me from across the sea
Next Topic: multiple - sadness by Josh (J's Poems)
Goto Forum: