A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Off the face of the earth
Off the face of the earth  [message #72026] Sun, 23 October 2016 17:23 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Westcliff Writer was prolific, and wrote tales with grit as well as romance. Just under a year ago he suffered some form of writer's burnout, trying too hard to please his public with a prodigious volume of output. And it was all good material, too.

His site has not, I think, been updated since March 2016, which implies that something has befallen him, the more so since emails go unanswered.

Do any of you know how to find out, or to reach him?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Off the face of the earth  [message #72034 is a reply to message #72026] Mon, 24 October 2016 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

No help, I'm afraid, but more bad news - I don't know how recent this is, but his web site has gone away. I find several links to it in my browser history, but they all produce 404 Not Found errors when I try to load them today. One can only hope it is in the process of moving to a new host.
Re: Off the face of the earth  [message #72035 is a reply to message #72034] Mon, 24 October 2016 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Probably within the last month. I gave his site a quick glance not so long ago.

Added - the Wayback Machine got the index page on the 8th October, and according to that page, the site was last updated on the 20th March

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2016 14:24]

Re: Off the face of the earth  [message #72036 is a reply to message #72035] Mon, 24 October 2016 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Something exists at 

http://westcliffwriter.wixsite.com/story-site/blank-cvlw

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Westcliff Writer is well  [message #72210 is a reply to message #72026] Tue, 29 November 2016 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He has, however, given up writing, and gives his reasons and a farewell on his index page.

Re: Westcliff Writer is well  [message #72214 is a reply to message #72210] Wed, 30 November 2016 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
affies oupa is currently offline  affies oupa

Getting started

I'm sorry to see him depart as well. I thought the final project, "Wolfric" had some promise even if it was heading towards a plot line see in the 2004 film "Napola" starring a young Max Riemelt. The film was released with the English title "Before the Fall." A lad from a working class Berlin suburb with a talent for boxing and a Social Democrat/anti-Nazi father is recruited for one of the "Fuehrer Schools" based on his boxing skills. Riemelt's character, Friedrich Weimer develops a homoerotic friendship with another boy once at the academy in Allenstein. I enjoyed the movie so much that I bought a DVD, and would have liked to see the plot fleshed-out by Westcliff Writer.

Affies oupa

Good boys go to heaven... bad boys go everywhere.
Re: Westcliff Writer is well  [message #72216 is a reply to message #72214] Wed, 30 November 2016 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Quote:"
Affies oupa wrote on Wed, 30 November 2016 13:55I'm sorry to see him depart as well. I thought the final project, "Wolfric" had some promise even if it was heading towards a plot line see in the 2004 film "Napola" starring a young Max Riemelt. The film was released with the English title "Before the Fall." A lad from a working class Berlin suburb with a talent for boxing and a Social Democrat/anti-Nazi father is recruited for one of the "Fuehrer Schools" based on his boxing skills. Riemelt's character, Friedrich Weimer develops a homoerotic friendship with another boy once at the academy in Allenstein. I enjoyed the movie so much that I bought a DVD, and would have liked to see the plot fleshed-out by Westcliff Writer.

--
There are three very interesting tales by Solsticeman that you may find hit that target now West's tale will not be available.
  1. Wandervogel
  2. The Moor
  3. I'll See You Down There

Each of these is part of The Axis Trilogy, and worth reading in order. One includes a student attending a Napola, a term I had not heard before I read the tales.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2016 15:22]

Re: Westcliff Writer is well  [message #72217 is a reply to message #72216] Wed, 30 November 2016 15:45 Go to previous message
affies oupa is currently offline  affies oupa

Getting started

Yes! I have indeed read, and most thoroughly enjoyed, these Axis books by Solsticeman. In fact, anything written by this author can be heartily recommended. I can't wait for the present series to develop.

Affies oupa

Good boys go to heaven... bad boys go everywhere.
Previous Topic: Without paedophiles no youth movements would flourish. - Discuss
Next Topic: Welcome Nigel Gordon
Goto Forum: