A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > If society were different
If society were different   [message #73086] Sat, 29 July 2017 18:27 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Imagine a society where sexual Identity and relationships were "unregulated" and that there was no expectation of heterosexuality nor was homosexuality considered by anyone to be unacceptable. In this society you are free to form relationships of whatever type and with however many people simultaneously that all parties to the relationship feel appropriate and acceptable.  You must assume an age of consent broadly equal to that which is the law where you are today

What type of a relationship would you be in?

[Updated on: Sat, 29 July 2017 18:29]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Where this came from  [message #73088 is a reply to message #73086] Sun, 30 July 2017 10:46 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was made to think of this when I saw a medium cute boy with a medium cute girlfriend, walking aling the embankment last night. They were "together apart" as hey walked and talked. Closer than brother and sister, obviously "together" and yet somehow not. And I started to think "What if this whole heterosexual/bisexual/homosexul thing is a myth put about by those in dats of yore who sought to control us?"

Removing any sexual labels I wondered what was to stop medium cute boy enjoying his body in any way he chose, with or without medium cute girl, with other boys and other girls, as lomg as everyone was happy in the deal.

When I realised there was nothing to prevent any lawful coupling, and in any quantity I got to wondering if that might be a utopian dream.

Girls are taught early on that they need to keep their legs together. They have a very real chance of becoming pregnant because of biology. Pregnancy is useful but inconvenient.

Boys are taught to "respect girls" because, presumably, girls can become pregnant very easily.

Today we have easy access to contraception, albeit the tablet versions have side effects still. Pregancy is less likely. So all that stops us is society, isn't it?

I have met die-hard homosexuals who are revolted by female genitalia. If you study it, though, and study a boy from the same direction, and defocus your eyes slightly, the labia and the scrotum have obviously the same broad format. The penis and the almost invisible clitoris have the same root, and the vagina is just a simple place to park a penis. I often think of a penis as an outie and the vagina as an innie. There's nothing to be revolted about, but it may simply not appeal. Mind you some penises and most scrotums are not entirley pleasing either!

Different buttock shapes prevail in male and female. Some are aestheically pleasing, others not. You have your tastes, I have mine, he has his.

So, if you were not somehow made to consider yourself homosexual, and tht heterosexuality is not for you, even so might you find the occasional female hot enough to trot with? A load of avowedly heterosexual men will have sex with another man, after all!

Most humans, too, like kids. Homosexual blokes can't have them biologically. What if a female were in the mix, enjoyably so, and was able to have kids, enjoyed having them and loved the idea?

[Updated on: Sun, 30 July 2017 12:59]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: The whereabouts of Paul Schroder
Next Topic: Came across this
Goto Forum: