A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Reform of Gender Recognition Act - UK Government consultation.
Reform of Gender Recognition Act - UK Government consultation.  [message #74773] Tue, 21 August 2018 10:19 Go to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

We're currently in the middle of a government consultation on reform of the Gender Recognition Act. This may make life much easier for Trans people, and possibly (for the first time) recognise those who identify as non-binary/genderqueer.

The consultation documents are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/reform-of-the-ge nder-recognition-act-2004

If you are scared of, or can't be bothered with, thinking of a full and detailed response to the consultation, the Green Party offers a pre-filled-in response, which you can use as a basis - altering and amending responses where necessary to reflect your own personal views. That's on https://lgbtiqa.greenparty.org.uk/campaigns/gra-consultation -response.html, and you don't have to belong to or support the Green Party to use it.

I'm pretty certain that the anti-trans bunch will be active in making their views known, so it's really important that those of us who believe in diversity and equality contribute to this consultation. Even if you're a reader of this forum, rather than a poster, it would mean a lot if you could respond to the consultation, or see fit to share on social media this opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of trans and non-binary people in this country.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Reform of Gender Recognition Act - UK Government consultation.  [message #74774 is a reply to message #74773] Tue, 21 August 2018 11:01 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am very grateful for the links, especially to the pre-populated answers. I have modified some of those and accepted others as they stand, and I have submitted the form

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: sports kit through the ages
Next Topic: I was outed
Goto Forum: