A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Ryan and the Gringott
Ryan and the Gringott  [message #74790] Fri, 24 August 2018 17:46 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This is a different tale. No spoilers, please, at least for a week or so. Ryan and the Gringott took me to a place I had no idea I wanted to go, needed to go, and I came back from that place the better for it.  I thought hard about whether I wanted to read other stories about this and found it to be complete in itself. I think it unlikely that other stories are posisble. But you may judge that after you have read it.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Ryan and the Gringott  [message #74795 is a reply to message #74790] Fri, 24 August 2018 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

I enjoyed this story. One of the acid tests of how much I like a story is whether or not I wish I'd written it. Absolutely I do. Good stuff, Hamster.

...and I agree with Timmy that the story stands complete as it is. That is the reason - and the only reason - that I didn't tick the top box in the voting panel.

Re: Ryan and the Gringott  [message #74805 is a reply to message #74790] Sun, 26 August 2018 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I loved this story so much! A must-read for sure!
Re: Ryan and the Gringott  [message #74827 is a reply to message #74790] Tue, 04 September 2018 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

I have a hard time imagining related stories standing up to this one; it seems to me to be entirely complete as it is. I am certainly glad I read it.
Re: Ryan and the Gringott  [message #74896 is a reply to message #74827] Thu, 20 September 2018 00:35 Go to previous message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

An excellent story.  Well done, as the author gathered the threads which, at first seemed to be almost randomly scattered and wove them into a choerent whole.
Previous Topic: Thanking Authors
Next Topic: Livestock - DJ
Goto Forum: