A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Methinks the preacher doth protest too much..
icon8.gif Methinks the preacher doth protest too much..  [message #65916] Fri, 01 July 2011 22:50 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Okay, so he got kissed by an elderly lady at a gay pride event. It seems she had more Christian spirit then he did:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/01/joan-parker-assault-kiss-preacher_n_888465.html?ir=Weird+News

I have no sympathy for screaming Jesus freaks. My advice: Stop tying up the court with this nonsense and get over it.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Methinks the preacher doth protest too much..  [message #65918 is a reply to message #65916] Sat, 02 July 2011 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Better to read about the insect with the singing penis.

Raymundo
Re: Methinks the preacher doth protest too much..  [message #65920 is a reply to message #65916] Sat, 02 July 2011 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I fear you are mistaken. Read what our own correspondent has to say on the matter: http://tinyurl.com/6homme8

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Grannie Abuse....  [message #65921 is a reply to message #65920] Sat, 02 July 2011 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Dear Tim, thank you for that smile, that chortle, the outright laughter you brought to my morning.
I've known a few of those North Carolina Grannies and they are relentless when it comes to hugs and kisses...often with beer on their breath. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
icon5.gif Re: Grannie Abuse....  [message #65922 is a reply to message #65921] Sat, 02 July 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

so, if the preacher had forced himself on the 70 year old woman and kissed her (against her will), that would also be O.K. ?? would that also be funny?

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Grannie Abuse....  [message #65923 is a reply to message #65922] Sat, 02 July 2011 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

E.J. - no. So?

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Grannie Abuse....  [message #65924 is a reply to message #65922] Sat, 02 July 2011 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Both people in this stupid little dispute are in the wrong. She for her actions and he for his reaction. Christians are meant to turn the other cheek.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Grannie Abuse....  [message #65925 is a reply to message #65923] Sun, 03 July 2011 01:30 Go to previous message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

I don't thing we should have different standards for abuse (it was abuse in his mind) just because the victim is and idiot....or male.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Previous Topic: Happy Canada Day! FĂȘte du Canada!
Next Topic: British Father Pleads For End To Bullying
Goto Forum: