A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > What does a positive "story report" mean?
icon5.gif What does a positive "story report" mean?  [message #67268] Thu, 27 December 2012 21:46 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Does it mean:
  • I like this story but none of the others because I have not mentioned them?
  • I like this story and others?
  • I like this story, and i like that story, thus the two stories have equal literary merit?
  • Something in the story I read struck a chord with me. It didn't have to be a literary masterpiece, I just rather liked it?

Or does it means something else?

Is it a significant thing, a story report here, or is it a pleasantry?

I'm asking for a reason. I think I know the answer, but I want to learn more. Will you help me?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What does a positive "story report" mean?  [message #67269 is a reply to message #67268] Fri, 28 December 2012 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

That probably varies a lot from person to person.
I know I would give a positive report for most if not all of those reasons.
I know this doesn't count as an answer, but there it is! lol

raysstories.com
Re: What does a positive "story report" mean?  [message #67359 is a reply to message #67268] Wed, 30 January 2013 20:07 Go to previous message
PeterSJC is currently offline  PeterSJC

Toe is in the water

Timmy, I am guessing that your question is rhetorical: only the last choice makes any sense to me. My feedback is pretty random: not mentioning a story in no way implies that I like it less than the ones that I said I enjoyed.
Previous Topic: Respite...
Next Topic: Sins of the Father
Goto Forum: