A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Possible link between two Geron Kees stories?
Possible link between two Geron Kees stories?  [message #75834] Tue, 16 July 2019 07:43 Go to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Geron, I noticed something in the newest Charlie Boone story, "Light My Roamin' Candle, Charlie Boone!"  The formula used by Charlie and Kippy to spy on the Beltracians is the same one Kevin Kennedy used in "Untouchable" to avoid the three bullies. (Links at the end of this post.) 

As Kevin Kennedy stands still and closes his eyes, he uses, I wish...I wish...that I was gone, he thought. I wish that this world could no longer see me. He glanced at the drop off, wondering if that was the way to go. He was still considering it when he heard the thuds of running feet, and the three boys burst from the woods behind him. Kevin turned to face them, and opened his eyes."Where is he?" one called, as the bully named Mark charged forward to look over the edge of the drop off. "I saw him here," added the other boy.

Kippy  uses, in "Roamin' Candle" ,  Kippy closed his eyes.  "I wish...I wish I could see what was happening inside the Beltracian ship."  The screen, which had dimmed, lit again, and they were suddenly looking at what appeared to be the control center of the Beltracian vessel. Six of the aliens were seated in a row before a large display, that showed the growing bulk of the planet before them. The room itself was dimly lit. Things that glowed stood here and there about the deck, but the great display screen was central to everything...

And Charlie uses, in Roamin' Candle." ---  
Charlie was certain that that was where the aliens intended to land.   "I wish...I wish I could watch the Beltracian planetary mind at work, from the inside. Up close."The air to one side of them formed a cloud, and then they were looking at...something. An amazing number of tiny lights seemed to be flashing and swirling and moving everywhere, and winking out and reappearing, But suddenly, even as they watched, the flurry of activity slowed as the lights suddenly came to brief rests before moving on again. A congestion of sorts built, and then blocks appeared here and there, and then...

I noticed the similarity when I re-read "Roamin' Candle" for the third time, then read "Untouchable" again.  So the questions become-- 
A) How did Kevin Kennedy disappear, if not by the same means Kippy and Charlie used in "Roamin' Candle?" 
B) When does Kevin cameo in a Charlie Boone?  And --
C) When does Cousin Kevin (and his boyfriend, Riley) get visited by Cousin Kippy or Cousin Adrian? 
D) Does Kevin or Riley also have skwish
E) Or, is everything just a coincidence which you COULD use to very casually use to link the two stories.

Links:    http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/shorts/untou chable.html     and      http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/geron-kees/charlie-boon e/10.html

Semi-related question  F)  Can elves and humans interbreed?  Max once said that humans and elves were a lot closer at one time than now.  I know they can go the motions of breeding together, but are they feritle together?
Re: Possible link between two Geron Kees stories?  [message #75835 is a reply to message #75834] Wed, 17 July 2019 02:09 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Yep. it's just a coincidence. I don't plan to link the two story lines.

You'll find this happening in stories from the same author from time to time. Just the old brain working the same way twice. I'm happy my brain still works at all, so this is a good thing!

You read the Charlie Boone story three times? Wow! You probably know it better than I do!

On the subject of elves and humans interbreeding, I would think it is possible, yes. But since just about everyone in the stories is gay, this should never be an issue!

I always enjoy hearing from you. I'm happy you seem to be enjoying the stories. http://forum.iomfats.org/images/message_icons/icon7.gif

Previous Topic: Are there any books that turned a light on for you, perhaps an epiphany moment?
Next Topic: Queer Me!
Goto Forum: