A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro
The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro  [message #77725] Tue, 06 April 2021 23:25 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I just want to say how much I enjoyed this last writing challenge's contribution by Pedro titled Right Up to London. I always enjoy Pedro's contributions but this one more than usual. I think Pedro is a bit of an understated author here who just keeps doing what he does best: creating awesome content. Smile

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/pedro/the-challenge-tha t-is-tony/20.html

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The Challenge That is Tony: Right Up to London, by Pedro  [message #77726 is a reply to message #77725] Wed, 07 April 2021 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Teddy, I agree.  I was going to start a thread on this and then noticed you had already started one. Thank you!

Pedro writes consistently good-to-great stories.  Right up to London, the newest "Tony" story, is a great entry in that series.  I think many of us know someone in the situation of the grandfather.  Loved Miss Rutherford's comments!
Re: The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro  [message #77737 is a reply to message #77725] Thu, 08 April 2021 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Thank you, Teddy and Bi-guy, for your plaudits. You make me blush! 

I wouldn't describe my stories as great literature, but I do hope they are entertaining.

Pedro
Re: The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro  [message #77739 is a reply to message #77725] Fri, 09 April 2021 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I concur with the prior two gents that Pedro's stories are gems. They feel like campfire stories, with smore's and a warm cup of coffee for relaxation.
Now, I too just read the last story but a few minutes ago and decided to stop and check what was on the chat. I don't know how Pedro drew three guys to come into this site and open up the chat to chat about his stories.
Re: The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro  [message #77752 is a reply to message #77737] Sun, 11 April 2021 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Your stories are ALWAYS entertaining, Pedro! Smile
Re: The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro  [message #77753 is a reply to message #77739] Mon, 12 April 2021 07:06 Go to previous message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

"ray2x wrote on Fri, 09 April 2021 02:50"
They feel like campfire stories, with smore's and a warm cup of coffee for relaxation.

--
Aw shucks. That has to be one of the nicest comments I have ever had.

Pedro
Previous Topic: Shining a light on Raphael Henry
Next Topic: current writing challenge
Goto Forum: