A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A note of thanks
 () 1 Vote
A note of thanks  [message #77772] Thu, 22 April 2021 06:57 Go to next message
chanter is currently offline  chanter

Getting started

A little over a year ago i discovered this site while searching for more stories by an author I had been reading.  Since then we have been through lockdowns and restrictions, and the site has been a great way to keep myself occupied.
I have disscovered much more than I was searching for, and have found so many excellent authors and stories.

So to Timmy, many many thanks for the site and all the hard work.  I know that maintaining such a site requires a lot of dedication, and the way that it is run is reflective of a genuine passion and care for the works that are publised here.

THANK YOU

(now it's time to let a few authors know of my appreciation as well)
Re: A note of thanks  [message #77773 is a reply to message #77772] Thu, 22 April 2021 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

All I  can  say is thank you. It sounds as if  you may have found the far corners of the site. If not there is a bit more explorimg to do

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A note of thanks  [message #77778 is a reply to message #77773] Thu, 22 April 2021 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I agree wih chanter. Timmy has created a wonderful resource here for those of us who love to read and/or to write gay themed fiction. I'll add my thanks to the pile Smile

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: A note of thanks  [message #77855 is a reply to message #77778] Thu, 03 June 2021 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

My thanks too, Timmy.
It is easy to take sites for granted - until they vanish. That IOMFATS is (and always has been) here is a real boon to all.
Kudos and doffed hats. Smile

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: A note of thanks  [message #77856 is a reply to message #77855] Fri, 04 June 2021 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The basis of a succession plan is in gestation. Death is inevitable, but I have no intent of letting the site die. Nor do I intend to die soon, but there is always a careless road crossing

I want a living site, not a memorial. In about 30 years!!!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A note of thanks  [message #77857 is a reply to message #77856] Fri, 04 June 2021 19:51 Go to previous message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

"timmy wrote on Fri, 04 June 2021 18:07"
The basis of a succession plan is in gestation. Death is inevitable, but I have no intent of letting the site die. Nor do I intend to die soon, but there is always a careless road crossing

I want a living site, not a memorial. In about 30 years!!!

--
I hope you're with us for a good while yet, Timmy! I'm delighted to hear that plans are vaguely in the pipeline to keep the site going: it's a massive and valuable resource, both the stories and the rest of the site. But it's as regards the stories that I'm so pleased - far too many sites have come and gone, taking some good stories with them (though those with living authors often get re-submiited elsewhere, and so I do occasionally happen across them by accident). I'm a great one for re-reading after a couple of years, and keep a bookmark list of stories that impressed me: it's a real pest to discover that one no longer works and I'll have to go hunting to see if the story exists elsewhere.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Previous Topic: Abusive Relationships
Next Topic: "He is a homophobe therefore he must be a closeted gay"
Goto Forum: