A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Writing a challenge
Writing a challenge  [message #78179] Sun, 31 October 2021 07:34 Go to next message
How long ago I don't remember, but you (timmy) put a challenge out there, to write something myself, I think for one of the picture challenges here. I haven't done that, I said to you writing was difficult, but I have written something, at least I'm halfway through and publishing online. The proof is in the pudding, so go check out my baking and see what you think, it's over on GA because it is a work in progress, I think this is called putting your money where your mouth is, although my cash isn't on the table my reputation, as a writer, is!
https://gayauthors.org/story/james-k/a-russian-summer/
Re: Writing a challenge  [message #78180 is a reply to message #78179] Sun, 31 October 2021 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This has potential. Please let us know when you have posted the next few chapters.

Your hero is starting to become more than two dimensional, not yet three, and the lack of rush to do that is good.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 October 2021 09:00]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Writing a challenge  [message #78191 is a reply to message #78180] Mon, 08 November 2021 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"timmy wrote on Sun, 31 October 2021 08:16"
Please let us know when you have posted the next few chapters.

--
The story has reached the halfway point, chapter XI. It is not a long story, but I hope there is some quality in the writing.

For those wondering if it might be interesting to take a look, this is what it is about:

One summer well before the Bolshevik revolution, when Russia was a noble country, young Alexei, as was the custom of the time, left the city with his family, for the countryside. It was a time of discovery, excitement, longing, and also sadness. A time in which he made new acquaintances and fought battles with himself, as the child he still was struggled free from many constraints into a world of dangerous possibilities.
Re: Writing a challenge  [message #78192 is a reply to message #78179] Thu, 11 November 2021 07:37 Go to previous message
A footnote: the story is complete (if you only read completed stories, you are safe now). It is being published daily and will finish publishing next week. A novella ( just short of 20k words), maybe I should have added an epilogue! 
Previous Topic: Happy Halloween 2021
Next Topic: Mooring
Goto Forum: