A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > LugNutz
LugNutz  [message #78199] Wed, 24 November 2021 17:15 Go to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Have just read on Dabeagle's Forum the sad news that this author has recently died.

Further details can be found there (or at Awesome Dude) together with a link to details of his life and funeral arrangements.
Re: LugNutz  [message #78200 is a reply to message #78199] Wed, 24 November 2021 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please link to the notice. I'd appreciate it if someone who knew him well would write a few words for his page here, pleasze.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: LugNutz  [message #78201 is a reply to message #78200] Wed, 24 November 2021 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

https://dykstrafuneralhome.com/obituaries/jeffery-browning.1 37967
Re: LugNutz  [message #78204 is a reply to message #78201] Fri, 26 November 2021 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Here is a copy of the information from Dabeagle's Forum.  The stories mentioned are all found either here on IOMfAtS in the Authors listing, or, if not found here, at dabeagle dot com -- and there are three additional stories found at AwesomeDude dot com .   The 3 other stories on AwesomeDude may be found by taking the spaces out of the following:   https:// awesomedude . com/lugnutz/Mechanics_101/index.htm     and that should get you to those three stories.   [/font-size]

Author LugNutz has died.  He wrote the Sanitaria Springs story "Rainbow's End," one of the first SS stories to appear.  He also wrote the short stories "Nonsense," "The Mask," "F.A.S.T," "Trick or Treat?", "Dragstrip," and "Rolling the Dice."

LugNutz was the pen name of Jeffrey "Jeff" Browning, from Michigan.  He died on his 55th Birthday, November 17, 2021.  The obituary said he died of Covid.  He also had Multiple Sclerosis, and was weakened from that, as well.

He was in the process of writing another SS short story.  He had two versions going.  I liked the first version better.  In it, the partners Ted Kutsenko (Doug Kutsenko's brother who moved to Sanitaria Springs in "Rainbow's End" and met Daniel Boone "Dan" Brownstone) take over the raising of Dan's nephew when the nephew's mother had to go overseas with the military.  The boy's father had died, and Dan was the only relative available to take over his care.  It would have been a good story.  I won't mention the second version.

Jeff was a prolific commentator to the Dabeagle's Forum.  He will be missed.

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2021 00:06]

Re: LugNutz  [message #78206 is a reply to message #78204] Fri, 26 November 2021 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I had some correspondence with Jeff over the years. His healh was shaky at best since I've known him. Am saddened to read of his death.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: LugNutz  [message #78208 is a reply to message #78206] Tue, 30 November 2021 01:05 Go to previous message
Mark

Likes it here

It is always sad news to learn of the passing of one of our own.
Previous Topic: Unisex Condom
Next Topic: Logic - 1-800-273-8255 ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid
Goto Forum: