A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January
Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January  [message #78232] Mon, 24 January 2022 09:50 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have had a brute force password intrusion which has compromised us.

Part of that recovery is to suspend site updates for at least one week.

Site emails are also suspended. This means all email addresses ending @iomfats.org will not function suring this period

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2022 17:39]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January  [message #78234 is a reply to message #78232] Tue, 25 January 2022 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

This is a painful and rude attack on a site that can provide no real value to the hackers.

But, in the meantime while Timmy works diligently to set things right, here's a little humor

I challenge everyone to post something humorous and relevant to show the hackers they can't prevail!

https://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5301&private=0
  • Attachment: Stray Bar.jpg
    (Size: 187.59KB, Downloaded 455 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2022 00:11]

Bensiamin
Re: Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January  [message #78235 is a reply to message #78234] Tue, 25 January 2022 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Not sure of the relevance, but I think it qualifies as humorous:

https://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5302&private=0
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 123.97KB, Downloaded 400 times)
Re: Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January  [message #78239 is a reply to message #78232] Wed, 02 February 2022 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Timmy, I'm delighted to see site updates are back today, and hope that dealing with the site intrusion was not too traumatic for you (and, I assume, Megaman).

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Site Updates suspended until at least 31 January  [message #78240 is a reply to message #78239] Wed, 02 February 2022 17:42 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"NW wrote on Wed, 02 February 2022 16:46"
Timmy, I'm delighted to see site updates are back today, and hope that dealing with the site intrusion was not too traumatic for you (and, I assume, Megaman).

--
Thank you. It caused a lot of work, including forced password changes for anyone who has been given an @iomfats email address, plus a review and restructire of site electronic defences. We were very lucky not to be taken down by our host. We had to do some diffocult negotiating

We have some aftermath to handle still, though we hope it wil lnot be too arduous

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Justin case and the Kandric saga --- Tracing sites for
Next Topic: A current story trend on Nifty
Goto Forum: