A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Olympic champion Evgeny Rylov loses Speedo deal
Olympic champion Evgeny Rylov loses Speedo deal  [message #78273] Wed, 23 March 2022 08:19 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Does this mean he suddenly swims nude?

[Updated on: Wed, 23 March 2022 08:54]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Olympic champion Evgeny Rylov loses Speedo deal  [message #78274 is a reply to message #78273] Wed, 23 March 2022 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

Timmy - you're not talking about this guy, are you?

https://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5308&private=0

Bensiamin
Re: Olympic champion Evgeny Rylov loses Speedo deal  [message #78285 is a reply to message #78274] Fri, 01 April 2022 20:34 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Well, damn. I typed out a reply and lost it.

I have 4 Russian acquaintences (since 2003) who are all former world class Olympic competitors. Two of them are Olympic and World Gold medal winners for their sport. All of them have dedicated their post competitive lives to coaching the next generations of Russian athletes. All of them were coaching at the recently completed Winter Olympics in China.

These men tell me that all current medal winning Russian Olympians have been required to attend this rally. They have no choice unless they want to face expulsion from their sport, possible jail time, and potential retribution against their families and loved ones. 

Only a handful have refused to attend. These young people have spent time in jail. Some went but wore Ukrainian Pins or dressed in some way with Ukranian colors showing. These individuals now ALL have "minders" following them everywhere they go spying on their every move. 

It's not like these athletes have many good choices yet many of them still choose to make a statement, large or small, and they are paying for that statement in life altering ways. My heart goes out to them. They live under heavy authoritarianism. Putin has placed them in a very tough place. 

[Updated on: Sat, 02 April 2022 20:28]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Tim Mead, another excellent author
Next Topic: Hickey???
Goto Forum: