A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Heartstopper
Heartstopper  [message #78349] Sun, 05 June 2022 11:39 Go to next message
ds is currently offline  ds

Getting started

I don't remember seeing anything about this series here, so I thought I would make a comment.

Heartstopper , by Alice Oseman, started out as a web comic. It was sufficiently popular that the author was able to get it published as a comic book, which now has four volumes.

It was picked up by Netflix, who have done a video series based on the comics, which has got some pretty good reviews.

The story is a classic 'boy meets boy', both pupils at an English Grammar school. There are also other gay and trans characters.

In a short space of time I have got to be fond of the characters! <grin>
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78351 is a reply to message #78349] Wed, 08 June 2022 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I have enjoyed the series as well. Looking forward to the next season. ❤️
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78353 is a reply to message #78349] Mon, 13 June 2022 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Have you noticed the broad similarity between the main actors in Young Royals and in Heartstopper?  Except the Young Royals prince has awful acne

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78354 is a reply to message #78353] Fri, 17 June 2022 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

"timmy wrote on Mon, 13 June 2022 11:51"
Except the Young Royals prince has awful acne

--
He does indeed. Pretty sure I could overlook that though. He's still a cutie. 😁
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78389 is a reply to message #78354] Sun, 18 September 2022 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

FYI in case you haven't heard, season 2 is now in production, and there is a season 3 planned.

ds
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78522 is a reply to message #78389] Mon, 24 April 2023 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

It has just been announced that season 2 will be released on Aug 3rd. There is a trailer as well.

ds
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78597 is a reply to message #78522] Tue, 03 October 2023 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Season 3 has just started production. There is a rumour that a possible season 4 might be greenlit.

ds
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78598 is a reply to message #78597] Tue, 03 October 2023 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'd love to be enthusiastic about it, but it feels like a story that has been overextended and is now somewhat contrived.  I'll probaby watch it, but as something to do, not as something to seek out

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78599 is a reply to message #78598] Tue, 03 October 2023 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

If I can comment on this, it is important to remember that the origin of the stories is the web-comic.

This extends way beyond what has been filmed so far. This is what, IMHO, is driving this along.

And, in my personal view, this is not an extension that was hurriedly dreamed up, but following an established narrative path.

Volumes 1 and 2 were in the first season. Because when they made this they weren't really expecting more, so Alice brought the Series to a nice conclusion.

With Season 2 they knew there was a season 3 so the ending was more open ended. This mostly was Volume 3.

Volume 4 is likely to be the basis of Season3. However, there is Volume 5 appearing in December, which covers Chapter 7, where things get even more serious.

I agree with you that too many series start extending a rather tenuous plot for later series, but my belief this is not quite right for Alice's work.

And with Alice getting an Emmy for the first season she must be getting something right!

ds
Re: Heartstopper  [message #78600 is a reply to message #78599] Tue, 03 October 2023 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
And with Alice getting an Emmy for the first season she must be getting something right!

She did. Season 1 was fine.S2, not so much

Re: Heartstopper  [message #78601 is a reply to message #78600] Wed, 04 October 2023 12:22 Go to previous message

Getting started

And now there seem to be a lot of people around the world logged onto a Lyme Regis web-cam! An earlier still showed Joe and Kit approaching the film unit.

ds
Previous Topic: AwesomeDude - Sad News
Next Topic: Ron - RIP
Goto Forum: