A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: General Talk
 Topic: The drink... (not a poem) by ~Josh~
The drink... (not a poem) by ~Josh~  [message #50316] Mon, 05 May 2008 12:44
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Empty spaces in a broken window, with pieces of glass -sprayed- gently across a wooden floor. Such is as it was the day before, and will be the day after. The drink. A toxic lullaby that takes you away into a world of blurriness and headaches. You say this is supposed to be "better," but I see it was not a form of escape, but a form of abuse. You, Father, abuse yourself with the drink to take -away- the pain, when in fact, you are causing yourself so much more. Now, you think, I should just put it down. I can handle one more. One more, then I'll stop. "Promise!" Heh. Yeah right. You only said that so mom would stop yelling at you for it. But you knew it was a lie, it did have a hold on you. You refused to see how deep you were in to the drink.

So here we are, at the hospital. Third monday of the month. It's become more of a routine nowadays. Nothing else matters, but getting that buzz, that high from the alcohol.

"He'll be okay," Mother says to me. I'd believe her, if she wasn't lying. And I could tell that she was lying. Grown-ups often tell their kids what they want to hear. It's natural.

If only you'd listened to my cries for help. My cries for you to stop. My cries for you to listen to me.. But it's too late now, isn't it. Mom's already hired a burier for you. You died, in that car crash lastnight. That's what they forgot to mention to you. They said it was the other guy's fault, but it wasn't. The blame was all on you.

So here I am, in a cradle, listening to my mother cry, and try to hum me to sleep, so I can peacefully dream of the father I never had. Oh yes, and in case you're wondering, being a baby isn't all that fun..

At least, not when you're caught in the middle...

That's what I'd say if I were a little older, but hey, what do I know. I'm just a baby... Just something to think about...

~End~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: University College School
University College School  [message #50229] Mon, 28 April 2008 09:57
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

I just want to put on record my delight and amazement that my old school should have chosen Martin Sherman's "Bent" as the school play this spring.

The play is about homosexuals in the holocaust. What a subject for a boys' school! That must have taken some guts.

Love,
Anthony
 Topic: Hey all.
Hey all.  [message #50162] Fri, 25 April 2008 22:18

On fire!

No Message Body

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: A poem for someone.
A poem for someone.  [message #49877] Wed, 09 April 2008 15:00

On fire!

This is a poem I've written after reading about how Brittney Spears tried to commit suicide while her sons were watching. I'm a very empathetic person, so I feel for them. I hate Brittney Spears. I only hope that her sons will grow up to be fine young men.

That's all...

~Josh~

~Innocent Beauty~
Author: Joshua Ward
Written on April 09, 2008.

Life 'anew' with pretty roses and butterflies. Scattered memories shred at the innocence to block away the fear. Innocent beauty torn apart from the mother who loved them not. Shedding tears of pain for you, I try to walk the day anew. Though I myself am far away, in my prayers forever you'll stay. Hoping your innocence will never leave you, and that warm arms may forever surround you. Keep each other safe..

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Assisting Josh
Assisting Josh  [message #49874] Wed, 09 April 2008 07:20
timmy

Has no life at all

I have just been helping Josh (our Josh here, not the author on the site) with some areas of story writing. Of course I have just one opinion, and a budding author needs to distill many opinions into defining a style, and into writing flowing tales.

I know he would appreciate hearing from others and choosing whom else to ask for advice. He wants to turn his raw talent into something more.

What I don't want to do is to make this a public process. I was wondering if those who feel able to offer him some small help would make themselves known to him in some manner?

When you help, please remember, like I tried, that we are none of us right. We simply have ideas. It is up the Josh to choose which ideas he finds useful.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: Chapter 5
Chapter 5  [message #49835] Sun, 06 April 2008 18:36

On fire!

This is chapter 5 in my story. I hope you all like it. Feel free to comment if you like.

~Josh~

Chapter 5

During Lunch time, I usually spend my time in the Computer Lab, which was open for everyone to use if they wished to. During this particular day, I was browsing the internet, as I had nothing better to do. My thoughts kept going to different places all the time. I started thinking about a lot of different things. My one particular thought, as it had been that day, was about the boy Daren. He seemed interesting to me, though I didn’t know why. It was five minutes into lunch time, when I saw Daren come in to the Lab.

He spotted me, and made his way over to me and took a seat.

I merely looked at the monitor to try to not draw attention to him, even though I kept thinking about him for some reason.

‘How are you doing?’ Daren said to me.

‘Fine…’ I simply said, as I had nothing else to say.

‘What’s your name?’ He said, looking at me.

‘Kyle… What’s yours?’ I asked him.

‘Daren.’

‘Oh…’ I said in a somber voice. It was my initial instinct to have my voice remain in a dark tone in case anyone was talking to me. It was just something I did.

Daren looked at me some more. I was curious as to why, when I started to say something.

‘You are… interesting…’ I said to him.

‘Interesting? How so?’

I turned my chair over to him and looked into his eyes. I took his hand in mine, and examined it slowly.

‘Warm…’ I said, with a partial smile on my face.

He looked back and smiled. He moved a little closer to me, turning his head ever so slightly, moving closer still. That’s when our lips connected, if only for a moment. I liked it. It was, different then usual.

After that brief moment, I stopped to ask him something.

‘Would you like to be… friends?

Daren nodded his head. ‘Sure.’

I smiled, this time all the way. I had a… friend. It was a nice feeling.

The bell for the next class had rung, so I grabbed my book bag and walked with Daren to our next class.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 April 2008 18:59]

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: News from the South
News from the South  [message #49777] Fri, 04 April 2008 02:49
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

Toddlers Can No Longer Marry in Arkansas
By ANDREW DeMILLO

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Arkansas' marriage-age crisis is over. A law that mistakenly allowed anyone - even toddlers - to marry with parental permission was repealed by a measure signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Mike Beebe, ending months of embarrassment for the state and confusion for county clerks.

Lawmakers didn't realize until after the end of last year's regular session that a law they approved, intended to establish 18 as the minimum age for marriage, instead removed the minimum age to marry entirely. An extraneous "not" in the bill allowed anyone who was not pregnant to marry at any age with permission.

The bill read: "In order for a person who is younger than eighteen (18 ) years of age and who is not pregnant to obtain a marriage license, the person must provide the county clerk with evidence of parental consent to the marriage."

Some lawmakers called for a special session last year, saying the error would make it easy for pedophiles to take advantage of the law. Gov. Mike Beebe said he didn't see any imminent crisis and said the chances of children marrying under the law were slim.

Legislators, however, had the chance for a do-over this week when Beebe convened a special session to consider a hike in the state's severance tax on natural gas. They repealed the botched law, and reinstated 17 as the minimum age to marry for boys and 16 for girls.

Rep. Will Bond, the sponsor of the botched 2007 law and its correction, apologized for the error and asked his colleagues to "throw me a rope and bail me out here."

"I always thought if you put your name on a bill, you should be ready to take the blame if you're willing to accept the credit," Bond said Wednesday.

Bond, a Democrat, said there hadn't been any reports of young children attempting to marry under the 2007 law.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
 Topic: Wholly Moses!
Wholly Moses!  [message #49584] Sun, 23 March 2008 04:47
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Out' publishes guide to picking up Israeli men
Itamar Eichner

Out Magazine, one of the leading homosexual magazines in the US, has recently published a guide to picking up men in Israel, with an added bonus of recommended pickup lines such as: "Would you like to spin my dreidel?"; "Is that a mezuzah in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"; "Do you sleep on your stomach? No? Can I?"; and other gems.

'Out' has anointed Tel Aviv this month's recommended tourist attraction, labeling it the capital of Bauhaus, commerce, culinary culture, and, of course, men. Tel Aviv's coffee houses are described as packed full of people advertising the gay slogan, 'We're here and we're queer'.

You might not expect to hear such slogans, typical of Sydney and San Francisco, in the conservative country of Israel. It wasn't always this way, but since its first broadcast gay kiss Israel has come a long way. Now, a decade later, there are plenty of hangouts for gay men, according to 'Out'. The magazine published a list of them as part of the guide.

And 'Out' is not alone. During the last few weeks the [Israel] Foreign Ministry has been reporting an international trend taken on by foreign magazines who praise the Israeli way of life, complimenting its food, tourist attractions, nightlife, culture, and architecture. Lifestyle magazines in the UK, France, and the US plan on publishing over 30 articles on the subject in the near future.

Israeli consul for Media and Public Affairs in New York, David Saranga, initiated some of these articles. "If the first wave has given our audience a peek at Israel," he said, "the second wave, which will reach its summit during Israel's 60 year independence celebration, will capture their attention in a way they will not be able to ignore."

Ynet http://tiny.pl/4dr7 (if you want to read the talkbacks)

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
 Topic: Thursday, 20 March at 05.08 hrs GMT (UTC)…
Thursday, 20 March at 05.08 hrs GMT (UTC)…  [message #49528] Tue, 18 March 2008 17:58
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

…the sun will appear to cross the Equator by the Maldive Islands on its journey northwards.
(Vernal or Spring Equinox, although the twelve hour day was in fact yesterday.)

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
 Topic: Sola, Get over it, and an update
Sola, Get over it, and an update  [message #49071] Sat, 16 February 2008 02:00

On fire!

Hey everyone.

It's me again. I've browsed this board a lot in the last couple years, posting my randomness and such. I hope you all don't mind. I am one whose got a lot to say. And I try to be honest, as much as I can.

How've you all been? Well, first I should tell you all how I've been. I've been alright. Tomorrow, I'm going to Kingston to see my sister and her boyfriend. It's gonna be fun, I'm hoping. Not too much is new with me. I've went to the doctor's for my daily check-up. nothing's wrong with me. I just go there every two months to see how I'm doing and stuff.

There's a new song that I like. It's called 'Get over it' and it's by Avril Lavigne. Here's a link to the vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ke8ZSi80j_0

I was listening to his song in my head in the shower today. It was nice, cause I like it, and it makes me think of my new favourite anime, Sola.

Sola is about your average 15 year old boy, who loves taking pictures of the sky. No sky is the same, and that's his hobby. One night, as he's taking pictures, he hears a kick from behind him, so hes turns around and sees a girl kicking a vending machine because it ate her money. Yorito (the boy) explains to Matsuri (The girl) that he's trying to take a picture of the dawn, while trying to get Matsuri's drink out of the vending machine. he succeeds and turns around to hand it to her, only to find out she's gone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U3SJeNztOKk

That's the first part of the first episode for you all. I'll post more links either today or tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think okay?^^ *hugs*

Love you all.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Meaning of a song
icon5.gif Meaning of a song  [message #48975] Sat, 09 February 2008 11:43
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

Just browing the net for videos, i came across this song and it caught my interest because of all the comments it received. The words are simple, yet the feelings described are very deep. I read many interpertations, yet i'm having a hard time understanding it. Is love really not enough?

What is your interpertation of the song? I'm just curious to know.

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough Lyrics

(girl singing)
Now I don't wanna lose you,
but I don't wanna use you
just to have somebody by my side
And I don't wanna hate you
I don't wanna take you
But I don't wanna be the one to cry
That don't really matter to anyone, anymore
But like a fool I keep losing my place
And I keep seeing you walk through that door

But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Baby sometimes love just ain't enough

(guy singing)
Now I could never change you
and I don't wanna blame you
Baby you don't have to take the fault
Yes I may have hurt you
But I did not desert you
Maybe I just wanna have it all
It makes a sound like thunder
It makes me feel like rain
And like a fool who will never see the truth
I keep thinking something's gonna change

But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Baby sometimes love just ain't enough

(girl singing)
And there's no way home
when it's late at night and you're all alone
Are there things that you wanted to say
Do you feel me beside you in your bed
there beside you where I used to lay

And there's a Danger in loving somebody too much
And it's sad when you know it's your heart they can't touch.
There's a reason why people don't say who they are
Baby sometimes love just ain't enough.
Baby sometimes love-it just ain't enough...ohh, No. No.

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK5o2s2IdE

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
 Topic: Beauty
Beauty  [message #48974] Sat, 09 February 2008 06:29
unsui is currently offline  unsui

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 19:40]

Topic: Spidarwick
Spidarwick  [message #48717] Tue, 29 January 2008 16:07
Curtis one who makes noise is currently offline  Curtis one who makes noise

Likes it here

Have you seen the commercials for the new movie Spidarwick? I thought I was small and skinny but I think Freddie Highmore has me beat. Hes not much bigger than he was in Charlie and the Chocolete factory and hes like 15 years old now. Hes way cute too.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you......
 Topic: Who to have a go at next
Who to have a go at next  [message #48710] Tue, 29 January 2008 12:30
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

It happened in a small town in Kansas, at one of the few intersections, there was a boy sitting in the middle of the street in a LARGE pile of manure making a ball out of it. The closest shop was a meat market. The butcher came out, afraid the stench would drive customers away. He said to the boy, " What are you doing?." The boy replied "I am making a butcher." The butcher threw up his hands and went in to his shop to call the police. When the policeman arrive he accosted the youth. "Son, I am a policeman, tell me what you are up to." The boy replied, "I am making a policeman." The cop was about as mad as a cop can get, and he was moving over to arrest the boy when an attorney came walking down the street. The attorney yelled out to the policeman, "Halt, I represent this boy." The cop stopped, and the attorney walked up to the boy, who was still trying to make a ball out of the manure. "Boy, I am an attorney, and I think I know what you are going to say. You are going to say that you are making an attorney." The boy looked up at the attorney, kept rolling the manure in his hands, and said, "No, not enough shit."

Love,
Anthony
 Topic: ROFLMAO
ROFLMAO  [message #48657] Sat, 26 January 2008 00:34
timmy

Has no life at all

My thoughts exactly! http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/566435

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: The hills are alive........
The hills are alive........  [message #48629] Thu, 24 January 2008 00:36
timmy

Has no life at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazGsQlKPIQ

Topic: Still more golf yuks
Still more golf yuks  [message #48620] Wed, 23 January 2008 20:42
ChowanBoyRedux is currently offline  ChowanBoyRedux

Likes it here

Two gay lawyers are out playing golf when a ball comes flying over from another hole and pops one right on the noggin. He falls down.

The second gay lawyer storms over to the culprit and says, "You hit my friend, and we're lawyers, and we'll sue the pants off you."

"Oh yeah?" the guilty guy replies. "Well, you can just kiss my ass! And your friend over there can just suck my dick!"

The gay lawyer returns to his friend.

"What happened?" asked the friend.

"He wants to settle out of court."
 Topic: More golf yuks
More golf yuks  [message #48619] Wed, 23 January 2008 20:36

Likes it here

Four men went golfing together one day; three headed to the first tee and one went into the club house to take care of the bill. The three men started talking, bragging about their sons. The first man told the others, "My son is a home builder and he''s so successful that he gave a friend a new home - for free."

The second man said, "My son was a car salesman and now he owns a multi-line dealership. He''s so successful that he gave a friend two Cadillacs."

The third man, not wanting to be outdone bragged, "My son is a stock broker and he''s doing so well that he gave his friend an entire stock portfolio."

The fourth man joined them on the tee after a few minutes of taking care of business. The first man mentioned, "We were just talking about our sons. How is yours doing?" The fourth man replied, "Well, my son is gay. I''m not totally thrilled about it, but he must be good. His last three boyfriends gave him a house, two cars, and a stock portfolio."
 Topic: More Golfing!
icon6.gif More Golfing!  [message #48599] Tue, 22 January 2008 23:46

Likes it here

So there were these two dudes who were playing a quiet round one weekday, and they came up to the seventh tee, wich was the start of a long par five, across a water hazard and dogleg left onto a tiny green. They noticed a pair of ladies in the water hazard in the little valley, trying with all their might to get their balls out of the mud.

One fellow turned to the other and said, "Hank, walk down there and ask the ladies if they would mind allowing us to drive through, and then they can have the hole for the rest of the afternoon if they need it."

So Hank started down the hill, and as he got closer to the two ladies, his steps got slower, and suddenly he turned and walked briskly back up the hill.

"George!" he gasped. "I can't go down there! One of those ladies is my wife, and the other is my mistress!"

"No sweat Hank," said his friend. "We're men of the world, and I understand these things. I'll go talk to them."

So George started down the hill, and as he reached the place where Hank had turned, he too looked long and hard at the two women, and then came back up to the tee.

"Well my friend!" George said. "It's a small world isn't it!"
 Topic: Jordan?
Jordan?  [message #48378] Thu, 17 January 2008 05:53
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

What is going on?

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
 Topic: I'm sorry...
I'm sorry...  [message #48299] Sun, 13 January 2008 15:58
Senne is currently offline  Senne

Likes it here

I apologize for what ive done to you
I dont know how to fix it
but know that im so sorry eldon...
huggs you
 Topic: I dunno
I dunno  [message #48291] Sun, 13 January 2008 04:42

Likes it here

where everyone has gone
I'm all alone to stand and fight
to fall at my last breath
blood falls from my brow
and i cease to exist...

You left my sight
when i most needed you
what did i do to you
is my final thought
what did i do...
to deserve this betrayal
 Topic: Bloody Chains of Leather by ~Josh~
Bloody Chains of Leather by ~Josh~  [message #48289] Sun, 13 January 2008 04:12

On fire!

Breath
From a Fallen,
Blood
Tingles and twists my sense of reality.
The 'right'
The 'wrong'
Are these straps appealing to you?
Wrapped in leather, encased.
I am your 'princess.'

A simple kiss.
Drowsing me, tasting me
Satisfy.
Feed on me.
Only to please Master.

Does it scare you?
I am broken.
Shaded.
Unwrapped.

Twist me round again.
So I may feel.
Let me feel, as not to pray.

A simple answer is so hard to find.
Looking away, I am lost now.
Pain is,
Inducing. Twisting me.

Covered in blood, I am yours..
Was this the
Passion
You wanted?

~Josh~

Hello again everyone.

It's 11:09PM at my house right now.
After I wrote my last poem, 'Blackened, Broken..' I started to feel sad. I'm not sure why, but I did. And then I was reading up on sex crimes on Wikipedia. I'm not sure why. I'm strange that way I guess.

I apologize if my poems are too.. Wierd.
I'm just not sure what I'm feeling right now.
I hope that we're all still friends.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: My New Poem.
My New Poem.  [message #48280] Sat, 12 January 2008 19:02

On fire!

Fire presses through the night,
The Cold sweat from your brow tingles me.
Life anew, starting over, to be new, polished to shine.

Gardens of light fill the night sky,
Shimmering with beauty.
With eyes open, I take a step and wonder how it came to this.

Regardless, don't die.
Save all the good times.
Happy.
That's all I want.

Save a smile for when you're down.
Don't forget.
Keep the memories inside.
To give you a smile, when you need one.

Love,
~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Nope
Nope  [message #48276] Sat, 12 January 2008 16:00

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2008 17:13]

Topic: China prepares for the Olympics
icon12.gif China prepares for the Olympics  [message #48036] Fri, 04 January 2008 23:51
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

ho-entrance.jpg

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
 Topic: Bringing down the curtain ...
Bringing down the curtain ...  [message #47914] Mon, 31 December 2007 05:24
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

... I hope.

I have put this in a new thread because it's really a response to posts in several threads.

I have had contact with Marc by e-mail. I really don't know whether this has moved things forward, nor do I know what Marc will decide to do in the longer term.

I have again made it clear that, so far as I am concerned, I would welcome Marc's return to the forum, but that if the agression and rudeness reappears I will react as I reacted on this occasion. This place is much too valuable in the lives of too many people for it to be put at risk. Everyone must feel equally free to come here to seek or offer advice, to discuss the issues of the day, or simply to share a joke, in the knowledge that they will find friendship, courtesy and as much support and love as we are collectively able to give.

If Marc is willing bring down the curtain at this point, I'd be more than happy to concur.

In the circumstances, may I respond to all who have posted on my previous thread, or on Josh's thread or Jordan's thread, by suggesting that that the matter be closed until and unless there is a specific reason to revive it.

Thank you all for staying with the forum through this embarrassing period, but sometimes it is necessary to fight for what you believe to be right.

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
 Topic: Helloooo everyone^-^
Helloooo everyone^-^  [message #47803] Fri, 28 December 2007 13:52

On fire!

DUUUUDES^---^

So! My comp just crashed. lol. Well it didnt crash, but the keyboard wasnt working when I tried to post this earlier. *smacks keyboard*

I'm just peachy right now^-^ *hands out peaches to everyone^_^* WHO WANTS ONE^_^ *You know you want one^_^* *gobbles mine down* owww ;_; Tummy ache>.> Those are the worst!

*huggles all* Soo. WHATS NEW>?^_^ WHATS UP? WHATS COOKING? xDD

*forms cat ears and a tail and sits on a couch all curled up like a cat*

^-^

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Lets Stop this
icon4.gif Lets Stop this  [message #47794] Fri, 28 December 2007 06:45
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Dear All,

I have bee taking a look over all that has happened and am now not happy with how it is going.

To Marc : What you have said is valid and stands with me. You have a point that can not be denied. I have read what you have to say and thank you for all of your input. For moment I had taken what you had to say on a very personal level, but came to a very fast realisation that everyone has a RIGHT to there own. And I have decided to let sleeping dogs lie.
I love what you have to say, please do not get me wrong, it opens the door to a different view on things which is always a good thing.
So thank you for that.

To all others : Marc has a view point that may be hard for a lot of us to understand, but we all have a moments where we find our selves misunderstood.

I would like to thank you all for what you have had to say on and off the board. It has been an interesting few days, and it is always quite exciting to see what you all have to say. But now I ask that we let this be, and lets all agree to disagree.

Kind Regards

Michael

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
 Topic: At last!
At last!  [message #47728] Wed, 26 December 2007 13:29

On fire!

I am delighted to find this site: http://www.al-fatiha.org/ Although it's based in USA I hope that it will spread its wings throughout the Muslim world.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
 Topic: A Christmas Message from a Jew
A Christmas Message from a Jew  [message #47705] Mon, 24 December 2007 09:47

On fire!

I am a Jew and my knowledge about the message of Christmas is rather sketchy. In another thread a poster kindly mentioned one message that I do recognize: "Peace on Earth and goodwill to all men".

Forgive my Jewish cynicism, but "Peace on Earth"? - Not in our lifetimes!

Now "Goodwill to all men" (and women and children) is something that we do have control over. I come to this message board to spend a while with kindred souls. All too often I find a definite absence of "goodwill"; the goodwill is alloyed and cloyed by sheer annoying obstinacy. We just need a little self-control when at the keyboard to rectify that - and it can be done!

Maybe that message should be reversed: True goodwill to all men might eventually bring about Peace on Earth.

Sincerest best wishes to everyone here. May you have a truly joyous holiday.

J F R

Topic: Sorry changed my mind
Sorry changed my mind  [message #47564] Tue, 18 December 2007 14:57
Roger is currently offline  Roger

Really getting into it

I started to post something I recieved from curtis, but changed my mind. If he wants to say something he will. However what he had to say was very disheartening and had to do with others on this board. I think Ill stay out of it tho.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2007 15:00]

If you stand for Freedom, but you wont stand for war, then you dont stand for anything worth fighting for.
 Topic: It's kinda funny.....
It's kinda funny.....  [message #47433] Sat, 08 December 2007 13:32

Needs to get a life!

But sometimes.... just sometimes.... an inspiration comes to me when writing and the words, the emotions, the heart... i'm trying to put onto paper just flows perfectly......

It is times like this that I truely enjoy my writing and it makes me feel good inside....

I just wish I could finish this story.... it just keeps going snd going snd going....

Humph...

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
 Topic: Finally, no guilt porn
icon14.gif Finally, no guilt porn  [message #47270] Sat, 01 December 2007 19:19

Really getting into it

http://drunkfriends.com/quickies/freesex.html

Topic: For the BDSM folks
For the BDSM folks  [message #47239] Wed, 28 November 2007 21:17

Really getting into it

painapple.jpg

Topic: S
S  [message #47210] Mon, 26 November 2007 16:24
trekkerpacker is currently offline  trekkerpacker

Getting started

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 28 April 2008 12:24]

Topic: Something tells me ...
Something tells me ...  [message #47141] Thu, 22 November 2007 16:11
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

... that the best way to dry out damp-smelling slippers is not to put them in the microwave.

That something might be the evil-smelling smoke drifting up the stairs, or the enormous charred hole in the sole of one of them.

David
 Topic: For Curtis...
For Curtis...  [message #47115] Wed, 21 November 2007 16:49
Whitewaterkid is currently offline  Whitewaterkid

Likes it here

Curt, we want you to know that we are both thinking about you right now. Eldon is out at his house and Alan and I are here at mine. We're all thinking about you dude, and you know why. We won't say it here, but you know how much we all love you like our brother and we totally want you to get a good report from the thing you're having.

Eldon, Jonathan, and Alan
 Topic: An open letter to Marc.
An open letter to Marc.  [message #47105] Wed, 21 November 2007 04:38
cossie is currently offline  cossie

On fire!

I know that's a corny title, but it's the only accurate description of what I intend.

Let me make the political statement first. I don't - and have not ever - denied your right to be here. I've been here a long time; you've been here even longer - from the very first day, in fact. But mere length of tenure does not - or at least should not - give you any right to ignore the injunction at the head of the forum.

Your conduct in relation to the thread about homosexuals in Iran is a classic - but unfortunately all too typical - example of your approach. You provocatively commented to JFR that 'You thought we were having a discussion', yet you seem unable to do precisely that. You do not 'discuss', you simply reiterate your position without any attempt to address what others may say.

There can be absolutely no doubt that both JFR and I were addressing the basic question of whether it is right to accept, or right to oppose, the actions and laws of sovereign states which act in a manner contrary to our perception of morality. Suddenly, you come up with the idea that you had always been looking at the issue through the eyes of an Iranian homosexual - an idea which finds absolutely no support in the posts you have made. Then, you think it is perfectly acceptable to insult us with the suggestion that we are 'pseudo-brave' in expressing opposition to the Iranian regime. That's indefensible; neither of us have ever made any suggestion that we were doing other than making external criticism of the Iranian regime; nowhere will you find the slightest grounds for assuming that we were urging Iranian gays to come out. I'd argue that if there were the slightest possibilitgy that you had thought of the 'bravery' gambit at an earlier stage, you would cerainly have expressed it - but you did not.

Even your choice of words - 'Lip action' - is as offensive as it is ridiculous. Have you ever heard of organisations such as Amnesty International', let alone have any conception of what such organisations have achieved?

I am very well aware of the misfortunes you have encountered, and in no sense am I lacking in sympathy. I also acknowledge that I did at one point say that I would not argue with you in public if I had not previously done so in private. But I have a history of mental illness which dates back to your days of delirious happiness, so I claim some right to make the statement which follows.

Marc, under the layers of resentment you are a great guy. You are capable of wholly altruistic support of people in need, as you were with Kevy. But, if you are to have a future, yuou MUST indulge in some sort of introspection. You come here, to a site with a clear policy of offering support and guidance to gays who are 'confused' - especially young people - but you run a tagline 'Death is little more that a release from the pain'. Is that responsible, or is that just plain selfish?

I know from e-mails I have received that there are plenty of people who care for you deeply - and that group includes me - but you really do need to meet the rest of the world half way.

For a' that an' a' that,
It's comin' yet for a' that,
That man tae man, the worrld o'er
Shall brithers be, for a' that.
 Topic: Shit!!!
Shit!!!  [message #47024] Sat, 17 November 2007 13:27

Needs to get a life!

If there is one thing I just can't stand it's fallung down a flight of stairs with a vaccuum cleaner....

Damn!!!

At least I didn't break the vaccuum too badly.... My already wonky knee didn't fair as well i'm afrade.... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, at least I managed to vaccusuck almost the entire stairway....

Pages (28): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]