A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: General Talk
 Topic: Not uplifting like Marc's post, but
Not uplifting like Marc's post, but  [message #46694] Wed, 07 November 2007 02:24
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

still important to remember.......9 years ago

To Be Young And Gay In Wyoming
Monday, Oct. 26, 1998
By STEVE LOPEZ/LARAMIE, Time Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,989411-1,00.html

Winter is coming fast to Wyoming, and it will be as it always is--beautiful and wicked. You could feel it in the air last week as ships of clouds sailed the blue sky above Laramie, snow-capped mountains rose in the distance, and a small herd of deer roamed the rocky ridge where Matthew Shepard, a gay student who loved Wyoming, was lynched.

They hold vigils and teach-ins in Laramie, a town searching its soul, but some people climb the hill as if there is something to confront up there. They go to where a small basket of dry flowers hangs from the fence where Shepard, 21, was tied with rope, pistol-whipped and left in the cold. The visitors arrive in silence and leave in prayer, and the vigils go on--in Laramie, in Denver, in San Francisco, in Washington.

With his beating Oct. 7 and death Oct. 12, one day after National Coming Out Day, Shepard has ignited a national town meeting on the enduring hatred that shames this country, a hatred so intense that even death didn't save him from it. While he lay dying at a hospital in nearby Colorado and thousands wired their support, college students there mocked Shepard with a scarecrow atop a parade float. While his family prepared for his burial and spoke of Shepard's gentleness and tolerant ways, a Kansas minister with a website called godhatesfags.com made plans to do a grave dance at the funeral.

With Laramie at the eye of the storm, there is something to tell about Wyoming. The cowboy state has its rednecks and yahoos, for sure, but there are no more bigots per capita in Wyoming than in New York, Florida or California. The difference is that in Wyoming there are fewer places to blend in if you're anything other than prairie stock. It is tough business--as Matt Shepard knew, and as his friends all know--to be gay in cowboy country.

He had spent a few years in a bit of a fog, living abroad with his parents (his father now works in Saudi Arabia), attending a boarding school in Switzerland. Somehow, he chose to return to where he grew up, to enroll in his father's alma mater, the University of Wyoming, thinking of becoming a diplomat. Short and slight, he knew he fit a gay stereotype. And while open, he was cautious. But just days before he died, he told a friend that he finally felt safe.

Jeff Korhonen, 27, can explain the situation as well as anyone else. He was raised in Cheyenne, his father a career military man, his mother a Mormon, his grandfather a First Assembly of God minister, and there was no dinner conversation long enough for Korhonen to slip in the news that he was a different kind of cowboy. Not until his early 20s, as an exchange student in Florida, did he come out, and there is something to be learned about diversity in Wyoming when you hear Korhonen say, "Orlando was like a gay Mecca to me."

The program done in Orlando, he went back home and began his coming out. He moved to Denver for a while, which for him was heaven on earth, but he wanted to finish college, and the only way he could afford it was to go to Laramie. His family by then had dealt with who he was and accepted him.

"When I left Cheyenne for Laramie," Korhonen remembers, "my father said, 'I know you're very proud of who you are, but please, please watch yourself because there are people who will want to destroy you simply because of who you are.' I gave him a big hug and said, 'I know.' And then the first thing I saw when I got to Laramie was a bumper sticker that said HATRED IS A FAMILY VIRTUE."

That was in August. In September his roommate, head of the gay-activities club on campus, was attacked. And then on Oct. 7 the roommate, Jim Osborne, called with the news about Matt Shepard. Osborne had not yet come out to his entire family, but that was taken care of as he eulogized his friend Matt on national television.

"I hate to say it, but it affirmed my worst possible nightmares of what was possible. I just never felt comfortable here," says Korhonen, who had never met Shepard. "When I walked out of the apartment to my car, it was, 'Oh, my God.' This could have happened to any one of us. It could have been me. It was the most terrifying moment. You know this is real; you go out into the dark; and it's everything adding up."

He loves Wyoming, as Shepard did, as Osborne does, because it's beautiful and it's home. But when the semester's done in December, Korhonen will be gone. He's moving to Denver, where it's easier to be gay.

Travis Brin, a 24-year-old welder, remembers being at parties with Aaron McKinney, who was like a lot of people who talk a lot. He had nothing to say.

"A total redneck," says Brin. "He'd say crazy, stupid stuff about black people and gay people... One time he said we ought to get all these people with AIDS, stick them in an airplane and blow it up. But if you got up in his face, he'd back down, because he was a punk, like any other young punk you see on the street."

Police say it was McKinney, 22, and his quiet-man pal Russell Henderson, 21, both high school dropouts, who met Shepard in Laramie's Fireside Lounge. "After Mr. Shepard confided he was gay, the subjects deceived Mr. Shepard into leaving with them in their vehicle," reads the Albany County court filing of first-degree murder, kidnapping and aggravated robbery charges against McKinney and Henderson.

In addition to being an unspeakably gruesome crime, it was a profoundly dumb one. After allegedly leaving Shepard hanging on the fence on that rocky ridge just outside of town, McKinney and Henderson drew attention to themselves by getting into a fight with two other men. It was then, police say, that they found a bloody .357 Magnum in the pickup truck, and Shepard's wallet in McKinney's house. McKinney, by the way, was awaiting sentencing for burglarizing a Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Laramie, along with the rest of the nation, found itself wondering what dark hole this kind of ugliness bubbles up out of. But some of that mystery was cleared up when McKinney's father Bill opened his mouth. The media, he said in an interview with the Denver Post, "blew it totally out of proportion because it involved a homosexual."

McKinney's girlfriend, Kristen LeAnn Price, did no one but prosecutors any favors when she said Shepard had pushed himself on McKinney in the bar, and it embarrassed him in front of his friends. Price and Henderson's girlfriend, Chastity Vera Pasley, were charged with being accessories for offering alibis for their boyfriends and disposing of Shepard's bloody clothes.

Those who squirm over Shepard's life-style might have felt more righteous last week when it was reported that he'd made a pass at a bartender in Cody last summer, got punched in the face and falsely reported to police that he'd been raped. (No charges were filed.) If only a punch in the face were the stiffest penalty for making a pass.

There's a touch of homophobia in the Wyoming legislature, state representative Mike Massie of Laramie tells you. It's a religious thing, he says. God has apparently channeled his thoughts on gays through a few good ole boys in Cheyenne.

Four times this decade, Massie has co-sponsored antibias bills; four times they've died. There's no problem with enhanced penalties for crimes against race, religion or ethnicity, he's been told, but if he doesn't drop sexual orientation from the list, there's not a chance in hell. Other opponents argue against special legislation for any group or contend that existing laws are sufficient.

"I am so angry over the fact that it never passed," Massie says, because now the nation can wonder whether, "gee, maybe Wyoming tolerates this kind of thing."

And that, for all the legalistic hand wringing, is the most compelling reason for such a bill. The symbolism. Politics is at least half symbolism anyway.

"You know the quote: The only prerequisite for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing," said Graham Baxendale, an Englishman who came to America in August to study, of all things, hate groups. He teaches a University of Wyoming class on "the implications and ramifications of hate crimes." "Unfortunately," he said at a teach-in last week, "my job just got easier." There's no telling how long it will last, Baxendale says, but there is a dialogue in Laramie where there wasn't one before, and it has spread through Wyoming and beyond.

Shepard's body was taken home last week to Casper, where he once played Little League and acted in local theater and was always the littlest kid. Annie Spitzer, a Shepard family friend known as Sister Annie at a Pentecostal ministry, remembers a trip downtown with Matt when he was in elementary school. "He saw a flag at half-staff, and he asked me, 'What's wrong with that flag? Why isn't it all the way up?'" And she told him, "Oh, that means that someone very important has died." As she explained mourning, Matt hugged her legs.

Snow fell Friday at Shepard's funeral in Casper, where the flags flew at half-staff and hate groups demonstrated not far from St. Mark's Episcopal Church. Winter, beautiful and wicked, is coming to Wyoming.

--With reporting by Maureen Harrington/Casper and Richard Woodbury/Denver

Copyright © 2007 Time Inc.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
 Topic: It's that time of year ...
It's that time of year ...  [message #46406] Mon, 29 October 2007 10:42
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

In the UK, Remembrance day is coming up - for anyone who prefers to wear a white poppy rather than a red poppy, they can be ordered from PPU, or bought from a few selected outlets around the UK - see http://www.ppu.org.uk/whitepoppy/index.html

Worldwide, World Aids Day is 1st December. The 2007 theme, “leadership”, highlights the need for innovation, vision and perseverance in the face of the AIDS challenge. The campaign calls on all sectors of society such as families, communities and civil society organisations - rather than just governments - to take the initiative and provide leadership on AIDS. Last year, several people here had difficulty in getting hold of red ribbons - local outlets seemed not to want to stock them. So order in good time from your favourite charity source ...

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
 Topic: Wonderful......
Wonderful......  [message #46403] Sun, 28 October 2007 17:29
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

All this crap os getting me so depressed I can actually taste it.......

Damn......

I don't want him to move there......

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
 Topic: Not a good time of year to go to Australia?
Not a good time of year to go to Australia?  [message #46380] Sat, 27 October 2007 04:46
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

matingSeason.jpg

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
 Topic: A man would have just walked around the corner & peed.
A man would have just walked around the corner & peed.  [message #46379] Sat, 27 October 2007 04:16
Whitewaterkid is currently offline  Whitewaterkid

Likes it here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
 Topic: Redneck jokes.
Redneck jokes.  [message #46311] Wed, 24 October 2007 00:33
ChowanFarmBoy is currently offline  ChowanFarmBoy

Toe is in the water

You're Probably a Redneck if...
by Jeff Foxworthy

More than one living relative is named after a southern civil war general.

Your front porch collapses and more than six dogs are killed.

You ever used lard in bed.

Your home has more miles on it than your car.

You think that potted meat on a saltine is an hors d'oeurve.

There is a stuffed possum anywhere in your house.

You consider a six-pack and a bug-zapper high-quality entertainment.

Fewer than half of your cars run.

Your mother doesn't remove the Marlboro from her lips before telling the
State Trooper to kiss her ass.

The primary color of your car is "bondo."

You honestly think that women are turned on by animal noises and seductive tongue gestures.

You stand under the mistletoe at christmas and wait for Granny and cousin Sue-Ellen to walk by.

Your family tree doesn't fork.

Your hairdo has ever been ruined by a ceiling fan.

Your mother has been involved in a fistfight at a high school sports event.

You've ever barbecued Spam on the grill.

The best way to keep things cold is to leave'em in the shade.

The neighbors started a petition over your Christmas lights.

Your brother-in-law is your uncle.

You have refused to watch the Academy Awards since "Smokey and the Bandit" was snubbed for best picture.

Your only condiment on the dining room table is the economy size bottle of ketchup.

The rear tires on your car are at least twice as wide as the front ones.

You consider "Outdoor Life" deep reading.

You prominently display a gift you bought at Graceland.

You use the term 'over yonder' more than once a month.

The diploma hanging in your den contains the words "Trucking Institute."

Your mother keeps a spit cup on the ironing board.

You've ever worn a tube top to a wedding.

Your favorite Christmas present was a painting on black velvet.

You think that Dom Perignon is a mafia leader.

The most commonly heard phrase at your family reunion is "What the hell are you looking at, Shithead?"

You think that beef jerky and Moon Pies are two of the major food groups.

You think that Campho-Phenique is a miracle drug.

The first words out of your mouth every time you see friends
are "Howdy!" "HEY!" or "How Y'all Doin?" (If they respond with the same... they're a redneck too!)

You have more than two brothers named Bubba or Junior.

Your father encourages you to quit school because Larry has an opening on the lube rack.

You think a Volvo is part of a woman's anatomy.

You think that the styrofoam cooler is the greatest invention of all time.

You've been too drunk to fish.

You had to remove a toothpick for wedding pictures.

You've ever used a weedeater indoors.

You have a rag for a gas cap (on a car that does run.)

You look upon a family reunion as a chance to meet 'Ms. Right.'

You have to go outside to get something out of the fridge.

Your richest relative invites you over to his new home to help him remove the wheels and skirt.

You've ever financed a tattoo.

Your idea of a 7 course meal is a bucket of KFC and a sixpack.

You go to a tupperware party for a haircut.

You have spray painted your girlfriend's name on an overpass.

Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.

Someone asks to see your ID and you show them your belt buckle.

Your Junior/Senior Prom had a daycare.

The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road."

Your dog and your wallet are both on chains.

Your kids are going hungry tonight because you just had to have those Yosemite Sam mudflaps.

You owe the taxidermist more than your annual income.

You have lost at least one tooth opening a beer bottle.

Jack Daniels makes your list of "most admired people".

You won't stop at a rest area if you have an empty beer can in the car.

Your dog can't watch you eat without gagging.

You have a Hefty bag on the passenger side window of your car.

You have a very special baseball cap just for formal occassions.

You have to scratch your sister's name out of the message "for a good time call..." because you feel guilty about putting it there.

Redman sends you a Christmas card.

You bought a VCR so you could tape wrestling while you are at work.

Your dad walks you to school because you are both in the same grade.

Your wife has a beer belly and you find it attractive.

Your house doesn't have curtains, but your truck does.

You have started a petition to change the National Anthem to "Georgia on My Mind."

You call your boss "Buddy" on a regular basis.

You consider your license plate personalized because your dad made it in prison.

You have been fired from a construction job because of your appearance.

You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.

You need an estimate from your barber before you get a haircut.

After making love you ask your date to roll down the window.

The biggest fashion risk you take is which plaid you'll wear to the 4-H Fair.

You have flowers planted in a bathroom appliance in your front yard.

Someone in your family says "Cum'n heer an' lookit this afore I flush it."

Your wife weighs more then your refrigerator.

You mow your lawn and find a car.

If going to the bathroom in the middle of the night involves putting on shoes (if you have them) a jacket and grabbing a flashlight.

You go christmas shopping for your mom, sister, and girlfriend, and you only need to buy one gift.

You are still holding on to Confederate money because you think the South will rise again.

You consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food.

You have to go down to the creek to take a bath.

You participate in the "who can spit tobacco the farthest contest."

You roll you hair with soup cans and wash it once a year.

You consider a three piece suit to be a pair of overalls, a plaid flannel shirt and thermal underwear.

There is a sheet hanging in your closet and a gun rack hanging in your truck.

You think the Mountain Men in deliverance were just "Misunderstood."

You've ever made change in the offering plate.

If the fifth grade is referred to as "your senior year."

You consider a good tan to be the back of of your neck and the left arm below the shirt sleeve.

You own at least 20 baseball hats.

You know of at least six different ways to bend the bill of a baseball hat.

You can change the oil in your truck without ducking your head.

When you run out of gas you put gin in the gas tank.

Your biggest ambition in live is to "git thet big'ole coon. The one what hangs 'round over yonder, back'ah bubba's barn..."

Three quarters of the clothes you own have LOGOS on them.

When you leave your house you are followed by federal agents of the Bureau of Alcohol Tobbaco and Firearms, and the only thing you worry about is if you can loose them or not.

You have 5 cars that are immobile and house that is.

You gene pool doesn't have a "deep end."

"Honey? Are the lights out? Is the door locked? Is the parking brake set?" is what you hear right before you and your wife/girl make love.

Your 'huntin dawg' cost more than the truck you drive him around in.

You'd rather catch bass than get some (if you can't guess...)

You have a Hefty bag for a Car/Truck convertable top.

Your belt buckle weighs more than three pounds.

You think that safe sex is a padded headboard on the waterbed.

You have an Elvis Jello mold.

You own more cowboy boots than sneakers.

You've been to a funeral and there were more pick-ups than cars.

You have a picture of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, or Elvis over your fireplace.

You just bought an 8-track player to put in your car.

There are four or more cars up on blocks in the front yard.

The theme song at your high school prom was 'Friends in Low Places.'

It's easier to spray weed killer on your lawn than mow it.

You think that John Deere Green, Ford Blue, and Primer Gray are the three of the primary colors.

You've ever climbed a water tower with a bucket of paint to defend your sister's honor.

You idea of talking during sex is "Ain't no cars coming, baby!"

Your vehicle has a two-tone paint job--primer red and primer gray.

The tobacco chewers in your family aren't just men.

Yer mom calls ya over t'help 'cause she has a flat tire...on her house!

The ASPCA raids yer kitchen.

Ya have to check in the bottom yer shoe for change so ya can get grandma a new plug of tobacco.

Foreplay consists of slipping off her saddle.

Ya can't get married to yer sweetheart cause there is a law against it.

Ya celebrate groundhog day (cause ya believe in it!)

You've been on TV more than 5 times describing the sound of a tornado.

You fish in your above-ground pool, especially if you catch something!

When a sign that says "Say No To Crack!" reminds you to pull up your
jeans.

Helping your cousin, Billy-Bob, move into his new place consists of the wheels off his doublewide.

Your beer can collection is considered a tourist attraction in your home town.

You know you're a redneck if you wake up with both a black eye and a hickey.

Getting a package from your post office requires a full tank of gas in the truck.

"Buck Naked Line Dancing" isn't a videotape, it's "Ladies Night" at the local bar.

Your wife wants to stop at the gas station to see if they've got the new Darrell Waltrip Budweiser wall clock.

You dated your daddy's current wife in high school.

You're moved to tears everytime you hear Dolly Parton singing "I Will Always Love You."

Dolly Parton reminds you of the 'Grand Tetons'. (of course this is a very sophisticated sophisticated redneck joke... if you laughed... you must be a redneck, only they will get this one.)

You grow Vidalia onions rather than considering them a gourmet item.

Your Momma would rather go the racetrack than the Kennedy Center.

The most serious loss from the earthquake was your Conway Twitty record
collection (you insurance man is one too if he pays you for it.)

You actually made a pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight with Alan Jackson.

You have spent more on your pickup truck than on your education.

You've ever hit a deer with your car... on purpose!

You can tell your age by the number of rings in the bathtub.

Your mom gives you tips on how to sneak booze into sporting events.

You've ever parked a Camaro in a tree.

Exxon and Conoco have offered you royalties for your hair.

Your dad is also your favorite uncle.

The blue book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas it has in it.

Your classes at school were cancelled because the path to the restroom was flooded.

On your job application under "SEX" you put "As often as possible."

During your senior year you and your mother had homeroom together.

You're a lite beer drinker because you start drinking as soon as it gets light.

On your first date you had to ask your Dad to borrow the keys to the tractor.

Your parakeet knows the phrase "Open up, Police!"

You saved lots of money on your honeymoon by going deerhunting.

In tough situations you ask yourself, "What would Curly do?"

Taking your wife on a cruise means circling the Dairy Queen.

You think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are "Gentlemen, start your engines." or "Play Ball..."

Your child's first words are "Attention K-Mart shoppers!"

Your wife's best pair of shoes are steel-toed Red Wings.

You have a color coordinating rope that ties down your car hood.

You bring your dog to work with you.
 Topic: Deej, commuting solutions
Deej, commuting solutions  [message #46306] Tue, 23 October 2007 22:07
timmy

Has no life at all

• Buy a small motorbike, but also buy the full protective gear
  • There is no "good" route from you to SB, but avoiding Hammersmith Broadway would be a plus

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: Bad time to visit Australia or Florida?
Bad time to visit Australia or Florida?  [message #46298] Tue, 23 October 2007 19:44

Really getting into it

matingSeason.jpg

Topic: My Mother Died
My Mother Died  [message #46283] Tue, 23 October 2007 03:10
artb@astound.net is currently offline  artb@astound.net

Getting started

Tim, I'd like to add my expression of sympathy to all those others. You do not need to respond to this one. I know you have more than enough concerns at this time.
 Topic: The Parent's role in teaching the "Birds and the Bees"
icon12.gif The Parent's role in teaching the "Birds and the Bees"  [message #46275] Mon, 22 October 2007 22:27

Really getting into it

294.gif

Topic: Sea Change
icon9.gif Sea Change  [message #46203] Fri, 19 October 2007 17:41
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

I can not stop crying, and I have no idea why? I have just finished reading " Sea Change " by Josh and I am broken. It is a great story and it has taken me about 9 months to read but it was so worth it.

I really do not think we know the full depth of our actions until it is too late.:'-(

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
 Topic: Anyone know?
icon5.gif Anyone know?  [message #46093] Mon, 15 October 2007 10:08

Likes it here

Hey All,

Hope you all had a fab weekend, I hate to rub it in but in SA the sun was out and men were hot, in all contexts. Cool

Now I was just wondering, has anyone heard from Jay of late. I have sent him a couple of mails and such but have not had any kind of reply. knowing what has gone down in the past I am just a little more than worried about him. If anyone has any news please email me and let me know.

Thanks all, have a great day.

Luvies Mike :-*

"What a stupid Lamb"
 Topic: And what young man could resist!
And what young man could resist!  [message #45994] Fri, 12 October 2007 18:16

Likes it here

Topic: His Poopiness the Hole wants YOU!
His Poopiness the Hole wants YOU!  [message #45993] Fri, 12 October 2007 18:10

Likes it here

Topic: Hmmm, interesting....
Hmmm, interesting....  [message #45895] Wed, 10 October 2007 01:52
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Actually not so interesting.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 October 2007 06:56]

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
 Topic: Hey
Hey  [message #45869] Tue, 09 October 2007 03:53
Curtis one who makes noise is currently offline  Curtis one who makes noise

Likes it here

hope everybody has a great night.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you......
 Topic: Pride of the German navy>>>OPEN PRIVATELY<<<
Pride of the German navy>>>OPEN PRIVATELY<<<  [message #45866] Tue, 09 October 2007 01:03

Likes it here

Topic: A love poem
A love poem  [message #45842] Sun, 07 October 2007 00:40
Curtis one who makes noise is currently offline  Curtis one who makes noise

Likes it here

The original title to this was "Love Poem to David". I changed it and put in Jeffs name. I dotn remember who the author is or where I got it. I just thougth it said so much and was beautiful.

You hear me say "I love you".
I tell you every day.
But do you truely know the depth
Of what my words convey?

Love may be just a feeling,
Or a word that people say,
But my love for you consumes me,
and it takes my breath away.

Befor I ever met you,
I did not comprehend
How one boy could love another
as more than just a friend.

I'd deny the truth within me.
I'd hide and I'd pretend.
That the emptiness I felt inside
Was a condition that would mend.

For I had learned the prohibitions,
And I'd taught myself to lie,
But when alone I'd face the truth,
I'd just break down and cry.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 October 2007 11:05]

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you......
 Topic: Strip the Burglar
Strip the Burglar  [message #45686] Wed, 03 October 2007 12:14
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Good for a chuckle:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3456125,00.html

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
 Topic: Anger Entwined... Part 2
Anger Entwined... Part 2  [message #45283] Tue, 25 September 2007 15:03

Likes it here

With Tarnished heart and clouded soul,
Anger the fuel to achieve my goal.
Like hunting cat I stalk my prey,
Watch them weaken day by day.

Senses tuned the time has come,
Now don't you go do something dumb.
My sight is clear,vision blurred,
My mind at war split in two like whey and curd.

I falter back stall my advance,
The time has passed I missed my chance.
Why did you wait a fools errand I gave,
To anger now I am his slave.

I toile in the shadow of how it used to be,
Doing his dirty work for all the word to see.
I hold the reins and pushes on,
I can not seem to find, the good is gone.

I sleep each night with a tear in my eye,
In the back of my head I wish I could just die.
I want it to change I really wish it would,
I want it to change if I try I'm sure I could.

I can't break his grip he holds me so tight,
I know I have tried with all of my might.
He puts me in a corner for the world to shun,
For all of the bad that he has done.

A part of me as I am of him,
The future for us looks rather grim.
I need to stand up for what I believe,
But always it seem he has and ace up his sleeve.

By : Michael-Kent Dobison

"What a stupid Lamb"
 Topic: AN INVITATION! But best viewed privately!
AN INVITATION! But best viewed privately!  [message #45235] Sat, 22 September 2007 15:29

Likes it here

You are invited to join
The Albemarle Country, Pamlico Sound
and Outer Banks Chapter
of the
Gay and Bisexual
and
I'm-Not-Gay-I'm-Just-Curious-About-Boys

BUTT CRACK SPLITTER SOCIETY

[Updated on: Sat, 22 September 2007 17:44]

Topic: A worthwhile attempt ?
A worthwhile attempt ?  [message #45203] Fri, 21 September 2007 11:45
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

The Department for Children, Families and Schools has issued guidance to schools in England and Wales on how to tackle homophobic bullying. It's on line at http://www.teachers.gov.uk/_doc/11911/HOMOPHOBIC%20BULLYING.pdf

Long overdue, and (by some) eagerly awaited, it makes an interesting read. I certainly don't agree with everything in it, but I think it is a good effort to address the problem.

I know we've got people here still at school, as well as those who have been teachers or worked in schools - I wondered what others think of the guidance. (it's a long read: the exectutive summary at the start makes most of the important points for those who can't face 140 pages! )

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
 Topic: Appropriate Lyrics from 'The King and I'
Appropriate Lyrics from 'The King and I'  [message #45197] Fri, 21 September 2007 05:15
unsui is currently offline  unsui

Likes it here

No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 24 October 2008 19:57]

Topic: Anger entwined
icon8.gif Anger entwined  [message #45005] Fri, 14 September 2007 07:32

Likes it here

Anger brings about my end,
The way I live I will defend.
To do and say the things I feel,
That's the way, my life is real.

They do not listen and hear even less,
The way they work it seems a mess.
They rush and hurry and take no time,
To sit and hear the view that's mine.

I lay in waiting, patience in hand,
Me, Myself alone I stand.
To speak my mind will hurt and kill,
Speak my mind in time I will.

But Still I wait with baited breath,
To hold my own for life or death.
My Time will come to speak my mind,
And till that point a way I will find.

By Michael-Kent Dobison

"What a stupid Lamb"
 Topic: Because of Deeej
icon12.gif Because of Deeej  [message #44960] Sun, 09 September 2007 11:12
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

In another thread Deeej wrote to me:

Incidentally, I ought to comment on the quotation in your signature; Bill Gates denies he ever said it, and I'm inclined to believe him (it's impossible to establish when, where or to whom - if he said it to a journalist, for instance, or at a trade talk, there would be a date and location). The best you can say is that it is 'attributed' to Gates, but even then without a citation it is a rather weak attribution.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I change my signature every so often, mainly because I have never found something that is "exactly" me. So, after being chastised by Deeej now seems as good a time as any to make a change. I hope Deeej will agree that this time I have been quite zealous in identifying the provenance of the quotation. Wink

I am sure that my new sig will be deplored by some here (I immediately think of NW); but what Aristotle says rings true to the situation in which I live, so I'll leave it here for a while.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
 Topic: For Jinjay-kun
For Jinjay-kun  [message #44922] Sat, 08 September 2007 09:14
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Please don't anyone else post, this isn't for an argument. I would send this by email, but I do prefer it to be an open letter, in case any others have the same problems.

I am dating a 16 year old (above the age of consent now), I am 22. That's a 6 year age gap and we've been dating for 2 years- you do the maths. We respected the law- after all there is nothing against kissing or dating anyone of ANY age. And we didn't want to risk defying the law.

His parents found out about us. It was really hard for a couple of months. The power disparity was never attractive to me. And in fact it has made it harder. We have to live in a relationship where Ryan still can't make all his own choices. He is limited in his experience compared to me and still doesn't know what he wants to do in his life. It makes it really hard, for me because I'm an adult with a lot more freedom; and for him because he wants to be able to move out with me, but needs to finish school first.

We met in a teenchat room, because honestly, I was (and still am to a lesser degree) physically attracted and interested in mid-teens. And a lot of gay teens, despite what people claim, are physically attracted to men. Not old men, by any means, but not all gay teens are interested in their contempories. I limited my chat room encounters to pic and webcam exchange, which really is a totally safe environment where there is no way for it to be non-consentual. I had plenty of people who weren't interested in someone my age, or my build- but some were.

Then I met Ryan. And we talked and liked each other. And after only a few hours of talking he wanted to call me. We had a natural chemistry, even online. It was a while before we had a chance to meet face-to-face and Ryan was aware, and careful, and limited any potential problems. And I made sure that I let him be in control. I didn't like him because I wanted to be in control. I did like the way he respected my intelligence, I did like the way he relied on my experience. And he liked the way I took care of him. We had different needs and in a different aged partner we found those needs easily met.

We both wanted to be with each other, as lovers, boyfriends, whatever you call it. Some teenagers wouldn't have wanted a relationship like that, and some older people might have been far more controlling about it. But we worked.

My message Jinjay is that it can definitely work. But please do be careful. If I was a horrible person it could have gone quite differently. Be smart, get your new friend to talk about themselves a lot. And make sure you are in control. If he really loves you he'll respect the age gap and let you call the shots on anything reasonable.

Also, don't do anything sexual. It's not worth it. Kiss, hug, hold hands, go the movies. But you're in Utah. If anyone finds out he'll have gotten himself in all kinds of trouble.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
 Topic: Just a bunch of working lads.
Just a bunch of working lads.  [message #44833] Thu, 06 September 2007 00:23

Likes it here

Topic: Hello Again
Hello Again  [message #44771] Mon, 03 September 2007 21:38
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Hello again everyone. Me again. So, today was my Mother's Birthday^^ She turned 46 today^^ I got her a nice necklace that I found in the Jewellery part of Walmart. My mom loved it, so I'm happy for her.

What's everyone up to at the moment?^^

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: CIRCA-CLUB, THE INTERNATIONAL CLUB FOR GAY PROFESSIONAL MEN
CIRCA-CLUB, THE INTERNATIONAL CLUB FOR GAY PROFESSIONAL MEN  [message #44692] Thu, 30 August 2007 10:40
Gavin is currently offline  Gavin

Getting started

This SPAM was placed here by gavin0enator@gmail.com

Please feel free to let him know how you feel

I deleted the original message

[timmy]

[Updated on: Fri, 31 August 2007 07:23] by Moderator

Topic: A story I'm reading.
A story I'm reading.  [message #44617] Mon, 27 August 2007 18:37

On fire!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2961037/1/My_Fatal_Reality

Hey everyone.

The link I've given you all, is a story I've currently finished, but am going to continue to read.

It's a sad story, but I love it all the same.

I just finished reading the ending, and since it's a very sad ending, I'm a little sad right now. There are 22 chapters in the story.

If you do read it, I hope you like it.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: bang, bleh im going to write
bang, bleh im going to write  [message #44605] Mon, 27 August 2007 04:30
kek_oubastet is currently offline  kek_oubastet

Toe is in the water

im in a pissy mood so im going to write to feel happy, so i want to eat a sycamour tree yep thats what i decided or a peach tree but i want to eat it and i want a glass toasteq and i want to sing and yell, yum yum chocko stick and i like the adjective nummy and im angry and i want a boi and i want to be an airplane and i want to play with a shiny star and i want my knife and i want to make trees grow really big and i want fun cheezy noodles bleh, im going to go get my knife and play outside in the dark

What A Wonderful catariciture of intamacy,
 Topic: Last post of the day..
Last post of the day..  [message #44602] Mon, 27 August 2007 01:38

On fire!

Hi marc...

I miss you... Please talk to me... I wont bug you.. I jsut want to talk to you..

You're everything to me...

Please talk to me...

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Hello again.
Hello again.  [message #44590] Sun, 26 August 2007 14:21

On fire!

Hey everyone. Hi Marc. Hi Jordan.

How should i start this? Let's see. I've made some terrible mistakes in my life. Once you do something, you can't take it back. No amount of 'i love you's' and kisses will take away the pain of someone.

Unfortunately, that's not how life works.

Marc.

You surprise me. You still love me after all that I've put you through. Despite the fact that I've done some unforgivable things to you, and perhaps some of which, were intentional... You've got a big heart. A heart, which may or may not go to someone else. It all depends on me I guess.

I've been selfish, unkind, and downright rude to you. Perhaps, then love truly is a powerful thing.. I was trying to sleep while listening to sad music in my room. I cried, naturally.

Being that I watch the Dr. Phil show on a regular basis, there's something that's always in my head: 'you can't change what you don't acknowledge.' He says that all the time to whomever's on his show.

I know that I've hurt you, so very bad... You say I only hurt me, well that's not true. We're both a little broken right now.. I wish I could be the one to make you happy again, though, based on what's happened, perhaps I'm not the right one.. I do love you, and that's never going to change.

Jordan.

Hey bro. Gosh it's a quiet day so far. Marc says I need to stay away from you. I agree with that. I want to apoloogize to you. I've also hurt you as well.

Remember how lastnight, you said you wouldnt try to commit suicide again? You said, 'what am I to you.' Jordan, you are an important person in my life, as well as many others' lives. You just need to realize that you are special, kind, and talented.

When you were attempting to commit suicide lastnight, with the knife, I was so sacred. I tried to be calm through the whole thing, which I was, but I was really scared. You have a lot to live for. Things will get better. They always do. So, cheer up, okay?

Guess I'm done with this post everyone. I hope you all have a great day. I'll write a poem up here later.

Loves you all.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Life is so Rad
Life is so Rad  [message #44536] Fri, 24 August 2007 06:44
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

i wanna make you sad
i wanna make you cry
i wanna make you feel the way
i feel inside

and i won't ever be alright
no i won't ever be alright

i wanna loose your face
to forget your name
would be the change i need
so i can face the day again

but i won't ever be alright

you heard the anxiousness and urgency
if my voice on the phone
and the little voice inside your head
said "he shouldn't be alone"
so picked me up and you held me up
and said "when's this gonna end?"
when you're not with him

and i won't ever be alright

By Lance

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
 Topic: Visit jinjay-kun's trap page
Visit jinjay-kun's trap page  [message #44473] Sun, 19 August 2007 21:16

Toe is in the water

i re edited my myspace page so you can't do anything on it cept' add me cuz i'm considering closing it down so visit my page it looks good but theres not much there and the music isn't on like id have it but here it is

myspace.com/clickitthenspray:-X

Topic: Song for Marc, Reading Time with Pickle
Song for Marc, Reading Time with Pickle  [message #44457] Fri, 17 August 2007 06:33

Toe is in the water

if you know Marc you know he likes pickles so here ya go marc i found your song and it's by regina ^-^

"Reading Time With Pickle"

Walking home from work
Stop at the supermarket, condemement aisle
A jar of pickles catches the eye
Make eye contact with a solitary pickle
Bought the jar took it home

Made it up the stairs
Made it through the doorway, waded through the floor
Tried to head in the general direction of the bathroom door
The truest room in the whole damn house

Singin' love is the answer to a question
That I have forgotten
But I know I've been asked
And the answer has got to be love love love

Now Feeding time with TV
Then sleeping time, not sleepy
So reading time with pickle
But were the bed side lamp had been
Is now a milignant soft soft green

Has it always been this way?
Is it possible all this magic went unnoticed?
Maybe things will start to change
And life will turn a better page
No more rain

Singin' love is the answer
To a question i know I've been asked
And the answer has got to be love love love

Tomorrow back to work again
Run to the supermarket, running hopeful through the aisles
Haven't been this happy in a long time
But not a single jar was smiling afterall

But pickle jars are just pickle jars
And pickles are just pickles
Ingredients ... water, salt, cucumber, garlic and pickling spices

But love is the answer to a question
That I've forgotten
But I know I've been asked
And the answere has got to be love

Topic: Site outages
Site outages  [message #44454] Wed, 15 August 2007 21:13
timmy

Has no life at all

Obviously when it IS out you can't see this. But we've been having all our sites go to whitescreen today a lot. Megaman's away today so I've been doing my non technical best.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: I am so board......
I am so board......  [message #44352] Sun, 12 August 2007 12:23
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

what to do? what to do? I know! I shall leave town and head south for a week or so. So if any one needs me, new orleans is the place to look 4 me.

OMG I so have to tell you that if you r ever in dallas you must vist the northpark mall, and go to the abercrombie and finch store. They have models there, and OMG the things I was thinking of when I saw them.

sorry went shopping all day yesterday

J

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
 Topic: Marc
Marc  [message #44247] Thu, 09 August 2007 07:17

On fire!

Dear Marc.

I miss you. It's 3:15 am and i couldnt sleep.

I'm trying to type slowly so i dont wake anyone.

I was having dreams about you and Jordan..

So I couldnt sleep.

I'm gonna try to go back to bed now.

I love you so much.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
 Topic: Anyone for a cruise?
Anyone for a cruise?  [message #44219] Wed, 08 August 2007 15:17
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

No Message Body

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Pages (28): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]