A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Solstice (again, already!)
The Solstice (again, already!)  [message #67252] Thu, 20 December 2012 19:19 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Whoops, i nearly forgot, and Nigel's away, having a life - the solstice happens today, at 11.11 hours GMT, it takes place over the South Atlantic just off the coast of Namibia. And we were just getting used to having the sun here too.

btw. it's now 8.17am on 21/12/2012 and nothing's happened yet. (There's a surprise Very Happy )

cheers
Re: The Solstice (again, already!)  [message #67253 is a reply to message #67252] Thu, 20 December 2012 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Nigel has a life?

Allegedly the Mayan calendar was imperfectly aligned with our own. We have some 130 years to wait. For us the world will have ended already. Or it might be 20 minutes out. Who cares or knows?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2012 19:46]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Solstice (again, already!)  [message #67290 is a reply to message #67253] Wed, 02 January 2013 23:28 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hi everyone!

Yeah, it's a luxury, but I have just returned from having a life for two weeks in Egypt.  I've escaped Christmas and New Year.  I've got a sun tan and I feel rested in a way I haven't felt for ages.

I had a week's cruise on the Nile.  Lots of Temples and Tombs.  No pyramids.  One offer of marriage, but she had lost half of her teeth - two reasons for a refusal.  Fortunately no small fat Belgian men with large moustaches, nor any falling rocks.  I did not realise until I got home, but I crossed the Tropic of Cancer.  The second week was spent sitting / lying by the pool looking across the Nile at the Valley of the Kings and reading.  (Beethoven and Harry Potter)

The message we were asked to bring back to Great Britain was that there was no political trouble outside Cairo and we should spread the message that tourists are quite safe.  The information was either the Egyptians had lost 25% of their tourist trade or that they were down to 25% of it.  Looking around I would say the latter is true.

Did you know that the Egyptians were performing cataract operations 5000 years ago?

Thank you, Kiwi, for deputising at the Solstice, but it's game on for the March equinox - okay?

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: The phrase "Same Sex Attraction"
Next Topic: Uganda is still trying to kill LGBT folk
Goto Forum: