A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Inappropriate toys
Inappropriate toys  [message #67578] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:35 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've just had an email from a young man of 16 who is, I assume, in the USA. He is concerned because he has enjoyed inserting a golf ball into his anus, but not overjoyed because it is now rather hard to grip to remove. He is hoping for suggestions.

I have made two:

* Go to ER and face the embarrassment. They have seen it before.

* Before he goes to try, once, a very soapy enema, possibly with a slurp of vegetable oil up there as well.

I see this as life threatening. The pressure to force a golf ball out, certainly through what one might term an 'inexperienced anus' is large. I worry about rupture of the rectum walls and the intestine north of that.

Please make sure toys you insert have a means of retrieval!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Inappropriate toys  [message #67580 is a reply to message #67578] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Wow and oops.
Not the best object to start out with. I say you gave the best advice with both options. I sure hope he finds something more useful. Don't make suggestions as to what, as that could come back on you in bad ways.
I have to say it...
I hope everything comes our alright in the end.

raysstories.com
Re: Inappropriate toys  [message #67586 is a reply to message #67580] Thu, 21 March 2013 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

I would imagine your correspondent's problem has been resolved by now, but I would suggest that a golf ball is probably not life threatening to a 16-year-old. Uncomfortable perhaps, but I suspect that lubrication of the anus with Vaseline, vegetable shortening, or vegetable oil (something slick that won't rinse off immediately), possibly followed by an enema, would allow expulsion of the foreign object with minimal discomfort. This is particularly true if, as indicated, he enjoyed the process of getting it in.

It sounds like he might be trying to pull the golf ball out; I would imagine that would be extremely difficult, barring the use of tools that would carry a significant risk of damage to the rectum. Pushing it out, however, should present no danger if putting it in wasn't painful. (Note that while this seems likely for a single golf ball, more than one would be much more problematic, because of the risk of parts of the colon wall becoming trapped between two solid objects.)

The problem with taking his problem to the ER is that an American hospital is likely to delay treatment until his parents have given consent, since a golf ball in the rectum is unlikely to be seen as an urgent threat to life or limb. Or they might just tell him to wait for his next bowel movement, if he isn't particularly attached to that golf ball.
Re: Inappropriate toys  [message #67589 is a reply to message #67586] Thu, 21 March 2013 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The issue with items stuck in the anus is that the pressure that builds up behind them is enormous, and that peristalsis keeps pushing. If the outlet is clogged things will go wrong. Impacted faeces are the major issue, and those become life threatening if left to putrefy. Any weakness in the intestinal or rectal walls is exploited and the guts can tear. There is a possibility that the anus objected most strongly to the entry and may have swollen to make the exit harder.

Knowing that it may well resolve itself well is one thing, but, when asked for advice, the only advice one can give is to attempt self help once, and well, and, if that fails, to leave it to the professionals. The resolution may be as simple as a set of controlled enemas or the easing of the anus with an anal speculum to assist exit. But ER is vital. He'll just have to swallow his embarrassment.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif This one is resolved  [message #67600 is a reply to message #67578] Sat, 23 March 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Email form the young gentleman yesterday confirmed that he had the wit to face down his embarrassment, talk to his mother and visit hospital. X rays showed no foreign body remaining inside. He told me that the self help must have worked.

I confess to perplexity. I kind of imagine one would notice the golf ball coming out. There would at least be the sensation of passing it, and conceivably a clunk as it hit the bowl.

How do you know when you've passed an elephant?

There's a bloody great splash!

So I'm not entirely sure what was going on, really. I'm relieved that he is ok, grateful that he plucked up the courage to get checked out, and wonder what happened.

Re: This one is resolved  [message #67601 is a reply to message #67600] Sat, 23 March 2013 11:56 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Here's hoping the matter is duly resolved, and the young man isn't playing it off to avoid further embarrassment. I'm sure a golf ball will pass, though, in time, and after enough pain that he won't be repeating the event.

"How do you know when you've passed a golf ball?"
"If you don't know when you've passed a golf ball, it's time for a vacation."

[Updated on: Sat, 23 March 2013 11:58]

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: A little something something of interest especially to you Timmy
Next Topic: I could kiss this woman!
Goto Forum: