A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Blah....
icon9.gif Blah....  [message #12097] Tue, 01 July 2003 13:49 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I feel so shitty and tired emotionally, physically and mentally. I feel like curling up and dying, just like giving up. Giving up on what? I don't knowing.

I've got the flu, which sucks, because I've got a headache, sniffly nose, temperature and a severe lack of physical energy, however that was really only the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, with work I've been constantly tired out from the kids, even if it is fun and takes my mind off other things temporarily. The weather can't be helping me either, though. It is constantly humid and muggy, hot days of like 20-30°C most days (and nights) but cloudy most days and raining every second day. I hate it...

Apart from that I've been really unmotivated and unorganised recently, turning up to everything late and not putting in any effort to find more work or do anything on top of my existing schedule. All my time online is wasted, too, I chat to people when they are online, but usually I just visit random websites as I wait for my good friends to get online.

Things with my uncle have been going okay, I guess. He's had to get a new job for his next visa, though, so his schedule is jam packed and as a result he gets stressed very easy. He hasn't blown up directly at me recently, but the other night we had a party for all his friends from his new job (he was only a little tipsy but I was totally drunk). One of the guys was smoking and ashing in like the used dishes so my uncle said a few things, the other guy thought he was joking so said a few things back and then ashed in a glass, so my uncle got him in a choke hold against the wall. Afterwards I pretty much starting bawling and stuff, but the next morning he didn't even really admit to being wrong, he still thought his actions were justified even though they weren't right. It is scary living with someone so volatile, especially since most of my family growing up has been really violent.

Finally I feel as though I'm pushing all my online friends away. Recent events here and elsewhere make me just feel like some mean arrogant bastard that likes nothing more than to fight. Most of my old friends have fallen away and the others either aren't around or aren't going to be around. I feel as though it's my fault for my loss of friends however, whether that is the case or not I'm not sure. I do know however that pathetically, without my online friends I pretty much have no-one. Without my online life I have nothing. This is my safe retreat, my haven to turn to when things are shitty and I want to forget about them, but recently it seems to be crumbling around my ears leaving me exposed to fire...

Oh, on a good note I met two online friends (one of whom I've known for over 2 years) last Friday. Neither of them have been very close friends, but still we hung out in Kyoto and I went crazy for the day. Maybe that's why I'm so down now, I had such a great time then...

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Excuse poor spelling and grammar......  [message #12098 is a reply to message #12097] Tue, 01 July 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Blah....  [message #12100 is a reply to message #12097] Tue, 01 July 2003 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

Get well soon, friend!

One good thing about realizing that you might be negative and pushing people away...you CAN reverse it. WE'll all probably want to help.
I forgot to mention  [message #12101 is a reply to message #12097] Tue, 01 July 2003 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

On account of my fun day with my online friend I'm also behind cash wise.. I HAVE to get more work, otherwise I won't be able to pay expenses and my uncle's cash efficiency I'll be out of my ass in a foreign country, whee!

Master Oogway
icon7.gif Saben!  [message #12111 is a reply to message #12097] Tue, 01 July 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

If I had AOL, which I don't - yet anyway - I'd been happy to have you as a contact, and you'd probably find me difficult to push away if I thought you a good person, which you seem to be. Smile

I too live too much of my life on the net (and I am probably much worse than you in that regard), so I know what at least that of what you're going through is like.

People care, and you take care alright? Smile

Sincerely:
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Re: Saben!  [message #12119 is a reply to message #12111] Wed, 02 July 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

How long will you be in the Land of the Rising Sun, anyhow? And what's next on the itinerary?
Re: Saben!  [message #12145 is a reply to message #12119] Wed, 02 July 2003 23:45 Go to previous message

On fire!

Still not sure how long I'll be here, possibly until the start of 2005. I do want to move out at some stage, but apart from that no plans.

Master Oogway
Previous Topic: I remember "Stonewall", do you?
Next Topic: I feel invisible.
Goto Forum: