A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I have a question .....
icon6.gif I have a question .....  [message #12841] Mon, 28 July 2003 20:35 Go to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

It maybe a bit taboo for some.

For some, sex fills a particular physical need. Is it bad to have sex with someone you do not plan to marry?

If two people consent to sex with no future expectations, is that a bad thing?

Just curious how you feel about it.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
hmm i dunno....  [message #12844 is a reply to message #12841] Mon, 28 July 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

I guess if they both wanna have sex just for sex then it is ok. It's not somehting i'd wanna do but if they do then who is to say its wrong.
peace and trees
andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: I have a question .....  [message #12846 is a reply to message #12841] Mon, 28 July 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

It depends,

Is he cute?

Sex is only bad when it is not good. But then again it is never that bad so it must be ok, and if it is ok then it only needs a little practice to be good.

I usually feel about with my right hand, then the left, then both hands together.... Oh my, I don't think that last was a question.... Oh well....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon6.gif Is consensual sex ever bad?  [message #12859 is a reply to message #12841] Tue, 29 July 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

No Message Body
Sometimes it's noy so good, But as the saying goes...  [message #12866 is a reply to message #12859] Tue, 29 July 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Practice makes perfect....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
icon14.gif Sure Thing  [message #12869 is a reply to message #12866] Tue, 29 July 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

Sex can be recreational and not only about relationships. As long as everybody consents, plays safe, and all the usual provisos like that.

It's been waaaay too lonng since that "you can have sex only for the purposes of procreation" stuff.

Course, if you don't wanna, then you don't have ta, and that's the beauty of it.
icon5.gif going out on a limb.....  [message #12872 is a reply to message #12841] Tue, 29 July 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

If you've never had sex, most gay kids tend to think of it idealistically but can't you think of it lots of different ways?

The big #1 - I want to wait until I SO love someone forever.

But aren't there these other roads:

2. I reeeeeally want to know what this is all about and he does and I like him, so I'll learn.
3. I like you. You like me. We're cute. Let's do this.
4. Whoa! Dude! That was..........

I'm not being sarcastic....just realistic. JJ
Re: going out on a limb.....  [message #12879 is a reply to message #12872] Tue, 29 July 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The big one" is an odd concept with two guys. I am being serious here when I say that I do not think it exists, because there is no risk of pregnancy. Penetrative sex is a str8 "taboo" simply because of pregnancy.

So, you are a guy, and I am a guy. If we want to find out what it's like, both of us, then let's do so, with gentleness and quiet and unhurried exporation. Figuratively, I mean. It's an example!!! You see we can do each other no "harm" (by which I mean neither of us can get pregnant).

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: going out on a limb.....  [message #12881 is a reply to message #12879] Tue, 29 July 2003 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

No Message Body

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
You'd be suprised  [message #12882 is a reply to message #12879] Tue, 29 July 2003 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

A lot of the guys I talk to online, especially, idealise sex because of their virginity and want to save it for that "someone special" when really it isn't something worth saving (from experience, sex is as special as you make it) I don't know, but it depends, those that overthink the topic may well through a way a great opportunity for harmless fun merely because they are waiting to be let down when their first time isn't the most magical thing in the world (partially because they lack the experience to make it magical).

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Oops, bumped enter  [message #12883 is a reply to message #12881] Tue, 29 July 2003 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body

Master Oogway
Re: You'd be suprised  [message #12897 is a reply to message #12882] Tue, 29 July 2003 22:07 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

In a way you have said far better what I wish I'd said.

Virginity os noether to be prixed, nor to be given away at the first opportunity. Intstead it is a kind of gift to one's self, the timing a=of bestowal.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Personalities ..... a discussion .........
Next Topic: Define the exact moment of loss of virginity for me?
Goto Forum: