A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A game to start the day. Read!!!!!!
A game to start the day. Read!!!!!!  [message #13072] Mon, 04 August 2003 06:18 Go to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

This is a very simple game that i thought maybe you guys would like to play. It can be very fun if everyone participates.
Here is the game.

I'm going to start telling you something about me, could be anything, a comment, your likes, dislikes, what happen today to you, etc. At the end you ask a question (anything) and the next person needs to answer it and also tell us about your day and so on.

Example

Q; Do you like to read?
A; I love to read. In fact today i went to the library and got this amazing book. It is the story about a boy who decides to change the world. I mean i want to change the world. Well i'm just started reading the book and it gets better everytime.

Q; Do you help people often and not expect something in return?

Get the idea. It is very simple and i think we can learn about each other more this way. It can be really fun.

Ok this is what happen to me today.

Today me and family decided to go to the beach for a few hours and just spend time together. We don't do that very often and it felt good to be there with them. We talked, played games, and ate some food. It was a very fun day. I also got to see some hot guys (naughty me).

How often do you go out with your family or close friends?

Now somebody answer it and ask a question. You can participate as many times as you like.
icon7.gif Re: A game to start the day. Read!!!!!!  [message #13074 is a reply to message #13072] Mon, 04 August 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Q How often do you go out with your family or close friends?<<

A
Not nearly as often as I should or would like to. That's partly because here in Israel we only have a six-day working week, so there are no Sunday Outings...

Q
When did you last feel really happy that you had done someone a very good turn: what did you do for them and how did they react?

Who's next?
icon6.gif My turn  [message #13081 is a reply to message #13074] Mon, 04 August 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Question:
When did I last feel really happy that I had done someone a very good turn: what did I do for them and how did they react?

Actually, yesterday, I guess. One of my mama's teacher friends was in the hospital and just got home. School starts today for the teachers and Thursday for the kids. She teaches 2nd grade and she is all upset cause her room isn't fixed up. Mama and I went to the school yesterday and decorated all her bulletin boards and set everything out so it will be ready. I sharpened pencils and stacked books and pretended I was in 2nd grade again Smile Maybe I'll be a teacher.

How did she react? She doesn't know Smile

Question: What is one of your best memories from when you were a kid?
Re: My turn  [message #13090 is a reply to message #13081] Mon, 04 August 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Question: What is one of your best memories from when you were a kid?

My best momories when i was younger would have to be when i started Kindergarden. I was so excited because it made me feel older. Although the idea of my mom leaving me there freak me out a bit i think i did ok. I don't believe i still remember. It is good to bring back old memories.

When was the last time you told somebody you loved them?
Re: My turn  [message #13091 is a reply to message #13090] Mon, 04 August 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Q: When was the last time you told somebody you loved them?

Not hard. I just made a special effort, as I often do, to tell a special someone that they were loved. It is selfish, too. It makes me glow as well.

Now, to pass it on:

"What will you do if someone unexpected says 'I love you'?"

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Re: My turn  [message #13093 is a reply to message #13091] Mon, 04 August 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
setras is currently offline  setras

Likes it here

Q: "What will you do if someone unexpected says 'I love you'?"

A: That would depend on who it is. Most likely I'd be caught by surprise, and rendered speechless.

OK, keeping with the topic, "Do you tell your loved ones everyday that you love them?"

Setras

That which is dreamed can never be lost, can never be undreamed.
-Master Li in Neil Gaiman's Sandman
icon7.gif Bad topic for me, but I will make an attempt...  [message #13094 is a reply to message #13093] Mon, 04 August 2003 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

"Do you tell your loved ones everyday that you love them?"

If I but had any loved ones, I definitely would. At minimum in the morning and again in the evening when we meet after the day's activities away from home have been finished.

Now, I'm going to be mean and break this trend:

If you found a fair sum of money (say US$50 or so) just lying in the street without any way of identifying the owner, what would you do with it?

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon7.gif But a donut  [message #13095 is a reply to message #13094] Mon, 04 August 2003 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

I actually found an empty wallet on the sidewalk once. Empty of any ID, that is. It did contain two $20 bills. I was on my way to the donut shop on the corner, so I bought a donut. I kept the rest. I figured it was God's way of giving me a little bonus.

Ok, what would you do if a little girl (age 5 or 6)began playing peek-a-boo with you while waiting in line at the grocery store and then her father stepped in-between and told you to stop bothering her? This happened to me on Friday.

Think good thoughts,
e
poor little girls *sigh*  [message #13099 is a reply to message #13095] Mon, 04 August 2003 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Q: Ok, what would you do if a little girl (age 5 or 6)began playing peek-a-boo with you while waiting in line at the grocery store and then her father stepped in-between and told you to stop bothering her?

A: I would be annoyed but would stop and return to being myself and not playing... I would be very sad though because I had done something wrong. I dunno I would probably turn away so that I wasn't looking at either of them becuase thats jsut how I am.

Q: Does anybody cook in your house/apartment/whatever? If so do they cook becuase it is necessary or becuase they enjoy it? Is it real food or the just add water kind? (my specialty)

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Cooking  [message #13114 is a reply to message #13099] Mon, 04 August 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

Q. Does anybody cook in your house/apartment/whatever? If so do they cook vecause it is necessary or because they enjoy it? Is it real food or just the add water kind?

A. I cook almost every day. Usually because it is necessary. But when my kids are visiting I enjoy cooking new things for them. Trying to give them tastes of different items, ones I know their mother would not cook.

Q. If someone did you a huge favor, would you pay them back or do a huge favor for some else and tell the first person what you did because of their kindness?

Hugs, Charlie
Re: Cooking  [message #13116 is a reply to message #13114] Tue, 05 August 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Q. If someone did you a huge favor, would you pay them back or do a huge favor for some else and tell the first person what you did because of their kindness?

A. I'd pay them back, but I'd prolly do someone else a favor too. Nothing wrong with having someone to call a favor from later on.

Q. Would you give everything up for the person you love??

Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
icon6.gif Love.......  [message #13129 is a reply to message #13116] Tue, 05 August 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Question: Would I give up everything for love?

Heehee ~ That makes me wanna start singing:

"I am a man who will fight for your honor
I'll be the hero you're dreamin' of
We'll live forever, knowin' together
That we did it all for the glory of love."

Would I give up everything? I'd try very hard not to lose anything but I know I'd open the door to my closet and let the sunshine in and be proud of who I am.

Question:

If you walked into the classroom, sat down and then you heard someone mutter "fag" under their breath......what would you do?

smith
icon7.gif Re: Love.......  [message #13131 is a reply to message #13129] Tue, 05 August 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Q:
If you walked into the classroom, sat down and then you heard someone mutter "fag" under their breath......what would you do?

A:
I would say, "Give 'em up! Cigarettes are harmful to your health!"

Question:

What attracts you most to another person? - outward appearance or "inner beauty"?
icon6.gif Re: Love.......  [message #13133 is a reply to message #13131] Tue, 05 August 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Q: What attracts you most in another person? - Outward appearance or inner beauty?

A: I've always been more of a substance over style kinda guy myself, so I'd have to say the qualities that I find most attractive are the inner, less tangible ones. Not to say that appearance doesn't count. Mother Nature inbred that into all of us at the genetic level, so it does come into play, but what keeps my attention and focuses my more is the stuff that goes on between the ears more than the shape of a rear.

Let's see now........ Ah, I got one!

Question: Is the place you're at now anywhere near where you thought you'd be 5 years ago? You could take this to mean as a matter of personal, spiritual or psychologicol development, or just your life and the stuff in it.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Where I am  [message #13135 is a reply to message #13133] Tue, 05 August 2003 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Question: Is the place you're at now anywhere near where you thought you'd be 5 years ago? You could take this to mean as a matter of personal, spiritual or psychologicol development, or just your life and the stuff in it.

Answer: (knowing me this is bound to be long) 5 years ago I was 13, in grade 8 at the private High School I went to. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life really and at that stage it wasn't really important. I think at that stage my plan was to attend University while saving up to go on a mission through part time work, I was a perfect little Mormon boy and nothing was going to change that.

Well, I'm in Japan, teaching English, gay, defining my religion as 'thiest' but not really actively religious at all. My goal is to be a Games Designer (probably the MOST predictable thing, although back then I was just thinking along the general lines of Engineer). I think I could say that nothing in my life has turned out as I expected, however I'm quite happy with how things are, despite it not being expected 5 years ago, it's still a good outcome. (tried to make that short! Hope it was okay!

Question: If you had to give up a single positive trait you have, what would it be and why?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon3.gif I'll tackle this one...  [message #13137 is a reply to message #13133] Tue, 05 August 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

5 years ago, I was 12 years old going on 13, so I definitely thought about the future and where I'd end up. So, I did anticipate somethings, I didn't anticipate others.

Back even before I was 12, I had picked out a career in mind (meteorologist), and I still am interested in pursuing that career. I knew I'd be scouting out universities at this point, but I guess I didn't know how exciting it would be for me.

What didn't I expect? Well, first off, I thought I'd be in a public high school, rather than a private college preparatory school (for only boys, no less!). And I don't think I expected the amount of fun I would have in my high school years. I've had a blast in my last 3 years and I really don't want the last year to fly by. I guess I thought I'd form a close bond with my friends, but I suppose I didn't expect to be this close with my good friends. I love them to death, and I'd never give them up for anything.

Then, attached to that, did I think I'd be out to my seven closest friends, my parents, and I boy that I instantly fell in love with? No way! 5 years ago, I was still exploring my sexuality as I developed as a young man, so I had no clue that I'd be as open about this as I am. Plus, I never expected the heartache that occasionally came with it...but anyway, next question!

Just wondering what someone would've done in my shoes:

If you fell in love with a boy/man that you knew and you pined over him for months on end, and you weren't sure of his sexuality, would you tell him how you felt about him in the end?

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
Since we both answered the last one...  [message #13138 is a reply to message #13137] Tue, 05 August 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

...I'll answer this one and re-ask the same question.

Question: If you fell in love with a boy/man that you knew and you pined over him for months on end, and you weren't sure of his sexuality, would you tell him how you felt about him in the end?

Answer: Well, it's happened and basically I told him, it wasn't a pleasant experience although if given the option of doing it over again, I'd say I would. Rejection helped me get over him, it helped me grow a lot and it stopped me from dreaming- I faced up to reality. Plus, even if there is only a 1/10 chance of a guy being gay, I really think it is worth putting everything on the line if for if he is, because it could end up being so wonderful.

Question (again): If you had to give up a single positive trait you have, what would it be and why?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
keep it going, this is kinda good.  [message #13150 is a reply to message #13138] Wed, 06 August 2003 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Not that I want to answer this, but I will.....

Question (again): If you had to give up a single positive trait you have, what would it be and why?

A: Wanting to help others. Sometimes I need to help myself.

Next question.

Q: Name one place in the world you would like to visit and why?

Place i would like to visit  [message #13155 is a reply to message #13150] Wed, 06 August 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Q: Name one place in the world you would like to visit and why?

I always wanted to go to New Zealand. I don't i just think it is a beautifull country which has a lot to offer. It has amazing landscapes, desserts, forests, moutains, etc. You can find all this types of enviroments in one place.

If i had a second chose i would like to visit Venice, Italy. It is one of the most romantic places in the world, at least i think so. Don't you think?

What would you do if you had the opportunity to change the world? What would you change? Why?
icon3.gif If I could change the world  [message #13159 is a reply to message #13155] Thu, 07 August 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

You said changing the world, and didn't say changing the people IN the world, so here goes.

I have always been fascinated with the whole GAIA concept, where the world has some sort of collective consciousness. I'd like that to be true, and have "Mother Nature" (so to speak) be able to fight back about pollution and depletion of natural resources and such.

That way, humans would be forced by self-interest to behave environmentally speaking, or they would be punished or hurt by Nature/Gaia if they were donig something harmful.

Next question:

If you could become an "X-Man (or X-Woman)", which super-power would you choose to have, and why?

Back to all you fine people, altho it'll be another day or 2 before I can get to an Internet Cafe again...ugh...
icon6.gif X-Men and  [message #13161 is a reply to message #13159] Thu, 07 August 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Question:
If you could become an X-Man, which super power would you choose to have and why?

Answer:
That's a toughy, but I will take a shot. I'd want to have the ability to fly, fast as possible, just because I like the wind in my ears. As an X-Man, my name would be Zephyr and I'd be the eyes of the team. My speed and ability to rise above would aid me in seeing through problems and getting around them.

Okay, next question:
What is the one thing about your culture you would help spread to other cultures, be it a regional festival or cultural dialect or even just an attitude?

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
icon6.gif Me! Me! Me!  [message #13162 is a reply to message #13161] Thu, 07 August 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Q: What is the one thing about your culture you would help spread to other cultures, be it a regional festival or cultural dialect or even just an attitude?

A: I would bring a word to the rest of the world. We in Sweden have already brought some of our words internationally, like Ombudsman and Smorgasbord. Smile

The one I would like to bring sort of comes with an attitude. I've mentioned the word here on the board before, some of you might remember it... The word is Lagom, and like I said last time, it means 'not too much and not too little' or 'just about right'. Something like that.

We in Sweden are generally a pretty "lagom" people, and I think that is something the rest of the world could use too, to some extent at least. Our egos don't grow too large, we don't raise our voices too much.

There's the possibility of being too lagom, by not allowing other people to have an ego at all, by not letting them raise above the average. By being too quiet, just bowing down to authority and not speaking up when it's actually needed. This happens sometimes in Sweden, but I think, if we mix our lagom with the rest of the world's un-lagomness, the end result would be even more lagom than ever before. A new, better sort of lagom that would be just right actually...! Smile

New question:

If you could go back in time and change one single thing in your own life (that either affected you or someone else), what would it be?

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Hmmmmm!  [message #13164 is a reply to message #13162] Thu, 07 August 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Q: If you could go back in time and change one single thing in your own life (that either affected you or someone else), what would it be?

A: Well, this kinda has two answers for me. The first would be that I would have accepted I'm gay a long long time ago. Now it comes to the second part. Being where I am now, today, I wouldn't change that part. Being that I'm patiently waiting for when I can be with the guy I'm in love with, I have to believe everything happens for a reason.

Hope that counts as an answer.

Next Question:

Q: What would be your dream job, and why?

icon5.gif Re: Hmmmmm!  [message #13165 is a reply to message #13164] Thu, 07 August 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike is currently offline  mike

Toe is in the water

Q: What would be your dream job, and why?

If I had my time again I would be a carpenter or cabinet maker. I love working with wood and get great satisfaction when things turn out right. I love the feel of wood and there are so many different types and colours. It might not make me much money but then money isn't everything - nice though it is to have!

Q If you won the lottery what would you do with the money and why

Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words
icon14.gif Hike Hike Hike!!!  [message #13166 is a reply to message #13165] Thu, 07 August 2003 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Q If you won the lottery what would you do with the money and why?

A. If I won the lottery I would take the money and buy a backpacking stove then i would take all my gear and go hiking for a long time untill I was ready to come home. Then I would use the rest of the money to buy a plane ticket from whereever I end up back to New Jersey. Anythign I had left after that I would probably toss in the bank account for a later day.

Q. If your friends wanted to take you shopping and change your style and get you all new clothes what would you do?

Q. If your friends wanted to take you shopping and change your style..  [message #13168 is a reply to message #13166] Thu, 07 August 2003 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Q. If your friends wanted to take you shopping and change your style and get you all new clothes what would you do?

I would go, and try. Lord yes. But the ones I trusted would have to be the ones. I have a hankering for hair colour, too! And there is SUCH a cool store in Camden market with the weirdest clothes...............

Q. You are not "out" but a friend asks you if you are gay in front of all of the rest of your friends. The question is direct and they all hear. To make it more difficult you have wanted him like for ever. And you half suspect he wants you. But being "out" is terrifying. What do you do?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon6.gif And the Game Rolls On!  [message #13177 is a reply to message #13168] Fri, 08 August 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Q. You are not "out" but a friend asks you if you are gay in front of all of the rest of your friends. The question is direct and they all hear. To make it more difficult you have wanted him like for ever. And you half suspect he wants you. But being "out" is terrifying. What do you do?

A: I reverse it! He wants me to take that kind of chance then he damn well better be ready to take it with me, especially if there's a chance on something happeneing from it. The tough questions in life are always easier to handle if the burden is shared.

okay, Question:
What was the absolutely most terrifying moment of your life, and how did you deal with it?

icon7.gif Tough one  [message #13178 is a reply to message #13177] Fri, 08 August 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

Life has had many terrifying moments of differnet varieties. It's hard to say which was the most terrifying, but one certainly comes to mind. It was about 16 years ago. I was riding my motorcycle through a rough LA neighborhood about 1am, when I saw three guys doing a drug deal beside a parked car. As I approached one of them pointed a handgun at me. There was nowhere else to go so I kept on going, not speeding up nor slowing down. After I had passed I looked back in the rear view mirror. The gun was still on me until I was out of sight. I stopped my bike and just sat there for a few minutes trying to get my heart to slow down a little and to catch my breath.

Under what circumstances would you be willing to kill another human being? Self defense? War? Etc?

Think good thoughts,
e
icon6.gif dude that was not an answer. I cry "foul" and ask for a new answer  [message #13182 is a reply to message #13177] Fri, 08 August 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

you don't KNOW he is wanting you to take a chance at all!

icon6.gif hehehehe  [message #13183 is a reply to message #13182] Fri, 08 August 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

perhaps not, but that's what I'd do. Defuse the public situation and then approach in a more private manner, gather intelligence and take actions based on the feel. Besides, the song says it best:

"Some moonstone, chaparone, baby=makin', rollin' stone, preacher from the east. He said dethrone the dictaphone, him in him in his funny bone, that's where they expect it least."

I would have tried to answer that one, BUT  [message #13184 is a reply to message #13182] Fri, 08 August 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body

I would have tried to answer that one, BUT  [message #13185 is a reply to message #13182] Fri, 08 August 2003 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

you know I kicked and screamed the whole way, not really wanting to know about Aaron.

Brian

I'll answer e's question.  [message #13186 is a reply to message #13185] Fri, 08 August 2003 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Sorry bout that, first time i've ever hit the enter button on here like that.

Q. Under what circumstances would you kill someone? self defense? War? etc.?

A. Self defense or someone hurting someone else, if it was the only way to stop it. I think those would be the only two reasons I could consider it. I know a little over a year ago nobody could touch me, i would see blood if someone touched me. Prolly four years ago, i beat a guy up with his own hands because he touched me. I'm not proud of it. All I can think now is that he threatened "my world" i was in at the time. Now, it takes ALOT to even get me heated enough to raise my voice. Hope that don't scare anyone away....

Q. How do you deal with rules? Do you always question them, or just accept them?

Brian

icon12.gif depends on the rule  [message #13188 is a reply to message #13186] Fri, 08 August 2003 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Q. How do you deal with rules? Do you always question them, or just accept them?

A. It depends on the rule. Some if I cna see the reasoning behind it or understand it is for saftey I will just grumble a bit and accept. Dumb rules like you must walk this way or you cnat have a drink during class or you cnat eat during class. Shit like that bugs me. Or like I dunno about in the rest of the states but in NJ you cna't carry like a backpack in a store without being harrasssed and made to take it off. That bugs me quite a bit. I guess for the most part I just follow and accept them. If you catch me on a good day however... then I might fight and kick and argue.

Q. If you had the chance to do one nice thing for someone, anyone, that required a lot of work on your prt but would make some stranger happy would you do it? Or would you just pass by and continue on your way?

Re: depends on the rule  [message #13205 is a reply to message #13188] Sat, 09 August 2003 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theerubberducky is currently offline  theerubberducky

Toe is in the water

Q. If you had the chance to do one nice thing for someone, anyone, that required a lot of work on your prt but would make some stranger happy would you do it? Or would you just pass by and continue on your way?

A. For me it's sad but it really depends on who the person is. There are a few people in this world I would do anything for them including die myself...if that is what I thought would make them happier.

Q. What do you do when you love someone so much it hurts but they don't seem to care about you at all?

"To the world you may be but one person, but to one person you may be the world!"

"Some people love you and some hate you.. those who hate don't know what they're missing and they're missing out!"

"Never underestimate your power to change yo
Re: depends on the rule  [message #13212 is a reply to message #13205] Sun, 10 August 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Q. What do you do when you love someone so much it hurts but they don't seem to care about you at all?

A. You get over it. I know it isn't that simple in practice, but really it's all you CAN do. True love, love that works is two sided, if they don't care about you in return then obviously as strongly as you feel about them, it isn't real love.

Q. What is the first thing you think about before you go to sleep? When you wake up?

Master Oogway
First and last thoughts  [message #13222 is a reply to message #13212] Mon, 11 August 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Q. What is the first thing you think about before you go to sleep? When you wake up?

That one is extremely easy for me to answer, altho not simple, if you see what I mean.

My answer is Man, of course.

Next question:

What is your biggest worry right now?
Worry? who us??  [message #13224 is a reply to message #13222] Mon, 11 August 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Q. What is your biggest worry right now?

A. I've got a few, but my biggest worry is if I'm going to get a loan for my business. I feel the rest of my life depends on what happens with it.

Q. How do you feel about what others say about gays and lesbians, when the person saying it doesn't know about you?

Interesting  [message #13230 is a reply to message #13224] Mon, 11 August 2003 13:37 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Q. How do you feel about what others say about gays and lesbians, when the person saying it doesn't know about you?

A. I hate it. I start to feel all churned up inside. I also recognise that my reaction should not be out of stress or anger, so I consider what I am going to say, if anything. Usually I mention a few of the rather great gay people I know. And how I was going to be at Marc and Kevy's wedding. That usually brings people round to recoignising the banality and pure normality of gayness.

Above everything I do not allow anger to creep out. I choose when I come out, and doing it because I am angry is not sensible.

Q. This is limited, really, to those like me who are gay (not bi) and married. When someone says "You can't be gay. You;re married, and have children!" and holds that up as some sort of proof, how do you react?

Previous Topic: Request
Next Topic: Has anyone heard from Lenny?
Goto Forum: