A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > WISHES!!!
icon4.gif WISHES!!!  [message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 00:35 Go to next message
brian! is currently offline  brian!

Likes it here

Wonder if this post will make it anywhere, but here goes....

Any wishes, no matter how weird, impossible, etc. that you'd like to
come true???

I'll start, see next post.....
Brian

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
Re: WISHES!!!  [message #24463 is a reply to message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Said I'd answer first:

I think about going back to younger years, and if only knowing what I
know now would stay with me, but..........

What I really wish right now, this moment in time is that a dear
friend (maybe more than that) was still here with us.

I've been missing him real bad lately, so bad, he's on my
mind all the time. I miss you Stephen.

Brian

They seem so small and selfish  [message #24465 is a reply to message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I thought "Shall I do the wishes for someone else" thing?, but you mean any wishes. I mean I could "wish for world peace" and be Miss World, couldn't I?

• I wish I could make it right. I have a good few things I did that I think caused others pain. Even if they didn't, they still pain me in case I hurt them. Selfishly I wish I could make it right. That would release me.

• I wish either that I were not gay, or that, when growing up, I had been blessed with the courage to be gay and to have been strong enough to tell the boys I was attracted to of my feelings, ranging from deep love through affection to pure lust.

• I wish my form teacher when I was seven years old had been a person who understood the harm she did, not to me, but to all who passed through her hands. She destroyed my confidence at an age when I could not counter it and continued to drip her poison in to my ears until I was just 13. Her influence on my soul lasted until I was in my mid twenties, and it meant I did not choose the career I should have chosen.

• I wish with all my heart I had been able to "not love" John, and to have him for my friend instead of an object of obsession and desire

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
"WOW" Re: They seem so small and selfish  [message #24466 is a reply to message #24465] Fri, 27 May 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Those are some deep wishes. They got me thinking.

The part about your form teacher made me wish I could
go back and change something from my school years.
I think this one thing made my life a living hell, not
just for me, but for many many others, as it still
affects alot of people from my era. It was drilled
into us, all over the news (not just in our country,
but all over the world).

AIDS / HIV

It still terrifies me to the point that I'm where I
am today.

Brian

I wish...  [message #24467 is a reply to message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

1. I wish I could be as good, wise and learned as other people think I am.

2. I wish that a certain project that I am working on will bear fruit and succeed. I wish this, because its success is no longer dependent on me.

And if this sounds haughty and proud (as it does to me) it just goes to show how much I need wish #1 to be fulfilled.

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: WISHES!!!  [message #24472 is a reply to message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

I wish that every person would behave in a way that they would like other people to behave to them.

I wish that every person could live without fear, hunger or discomfort.

I wish that God - an infinitely forgiving and loving God - really existed.

Finally, I wish I was more intelligent and creative, as every day I look at my failings and realise that there are so many people who are better than me in every way. I wish that I could make a lasting difference to the world.
and the purely selfish ones  [message #24473 is a reply to message #24472] Fri, 27 May 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

- I would relive my first year at boarding school, a time when I was (comparitively) happy and carefree
- I would ask to stop worrying all the time
- I would ask to be straight
- I would ask to be more organised
- I would ask for someone to love
- I would ask to be better at social interaction
- I would ask for a God (again)
- I would ask to be outstandingly creative and original (again)

Smile

Now, how many of those could I actually achieve myself if I went out and did something about it?

Deej
Re: They seem so small and selfish  [message #24476 is a reply to message #24465] Fri, 27 May 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

timmy wrote:

>
  • I wish my form teacher when I was seven years old had been a person who understood the harm she did, not to me, but to all who passed through her hands. She destroyed my confidence at an age when I could not counter it and continued to drip her poison in to my ears until I was just 13. Her influence on my soul lasted until I was in my mid twenties, and it meant I did not choose the career I should have chosen.

• I shoudl maybe exp;lain the school teacher. She was "musical" and humiliated me regualrly by "checking if I could sing" And I was so shy I was unable to "siing". So she made me mime the words without making a sound. And if I did make a sound she made me shut up. In public in the whole class. From 7 until 13.

And I felt small and hated her

Oy ,made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to act (I would have loved it, I know I would) or to speak in public for years, so the law, whcih i should have done, was closed to me.

I wish I could make the rotten bitch see and understand.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
    Re: WISHES!!!  [message #24477 is a reply to message #24462] Fri, 27 May 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    hinch1 is currently offline  hinch1

Getting started

It sounds terrible and selfish...but I wish my best friend, who I fell in love with, wasn't straight so he could have those feelings for me back. Really, I feel torn up that I would wish that, because I love him and he's the greatest person I know just the way he is and I wouldn't want to change him...but honestly, that wish would probably be on the list, and I'd debate it a lot. I'm not sure if I'd be able to go through with it.

I wouldn't wish to be straight. I would wish that the world was a little friendlier to everyone. Personally, I can't complain I've had a great life and never faced hatred first hand. I love my friends for keeping me safe.

Besides that, there really isn't anything I could wish for. Besides material things.

In Pride,
    --Hinch
    Re: WISHES!!!  [message #24482 is a reply to message #24462] Sun, 29 May 2005 13:01 Go to previous message
    saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I've got plenty of selfish wishes but those are also very surface, temporary and superficial. I don't know why, really, but I just can't bring myself to post them. Instead I have the follow thoughts- which probably aren't even really wishes:

I am glad that everything is as it is now. Despite the hurts of the past, despite the massive injustices in the world I am who I am because of my past, the world I know is what it is because of the history it has gone through. If things had been rosy or easy then when other things went wrong I, or the world, would not have had the strength to deal with them. So I wish for everything to be right now as it is right now.

I also wish that tomorrow can see change from today, though. I hope I can do something better tomorrow than I did it today and I hope things in the future will be more fair and more just around the world. But I also wish for things to never stay the same, stagnation from fear of change and fear of difference. That is worst of all.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
    Master Oogway
    Previous Topic: One of my sweetest friends is ill
    Next Topic: "Artifical Intelligence"
    Goto Forum: