A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Football teams
Football teams  [message #41411] Mon, 19 March 2007 23:49 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

In your nation, which is the best known football team? And what type of football are we talking about?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Football teams  [message #41412 is a reply to message #41411] Tue, 20 March 2007 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

In Australian football all teams are pretty equal, although the Essendon Bombers are probably the most successful over the history of the sport. Recently they have turned to shit.

In Rugby, well, being from a non-Rugby state I'd have to say the Brisbane Broncos are up there because they are the first team I think of when Rugby is mentioned. I guess the same might apply for a certain AFL team if it were mentioned to a Queenslander, but as I know the game fairly well I know enough about all the teams that none seem to stick out as THE well known team.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Football teams  [message #41413 is a reply to message #41411] Tue, 20 March 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

I suspect it is not the College Xs team, though I would like it to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_College_football

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 00:17]

Re: Football teams  [message #41414 is a reply to message #41411] Tue, 20 March 2007 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

In the US, either the New England Patriots or the Dallas Cowboys ( American football). Having been to Greece many times though, I like Panatheanakos ( European football)

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: Football teams  [message #41416 is a reply to message #41414] Tue, 20 March 2007 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jedediah is currently offline  Jedediah

Likes it here

New Zealand = All Blacks = Rugby. (National religion you know)

IS there another type of football?

cheers

E Te Atua tukuna mai ki au te Mauri tauki te tango i nga mea
Re: Football teams  [message #41421 is a reply to message #41411] Tue, 20 March 2007 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

Football sucks........

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Football teams  [message #41422 is a reply to message #41421] Tue, 20 March 2007 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Then get me a football quick…

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Football teams  [message #41426 is a reply to message #41411] Tue, 20 March 2007 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Gentlemen, not a huge number of thoughts there. In the US, what about the 2006 Superbowl winners? (or were they just an obscure team?)

In the UK, what about Manchester United (seems to be "everyone's club")

Is there really no intense rivalry in Oz between footy teams and a well known name or two?

Deej, we have to face it. No-one has heard of Winkies, and it's too complex to catch on. Find me as many blogs as you can about it and only about it!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
This is what that was about  [message #41460 is a reply to message #41411] Fri, 23 March 2007 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sports and teams that have balls!

http://haveballs.net

By no means finished, but already a great working site

Re: This is what that was about  [message #41461 is a reply to message #41460] Fri, 23 March 2007 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Cue all sorts of tortuous innuendos, allegations and arguments over what counts as a game, and what counts as a ball ...
Re: This is what that was about  [message #41462 is a reply to message #41461] Fri, 23 March 2007 07:04 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah, the Innuendo, the best selling Italian suppository brand Smile

Previous Topic: Have you ever JUST HAD ENOUGH!!!
Next Topic: I know I'm not the only one
Goto Forum: