A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I gots good news
I gots good news  [message #43069] Sun, 17 June 2007 05:28 Go to next message
ZeroGrav is currently offline  ZeroGrav

Really getting into it

I got a the job i want i am now a manger at my store.

and marc i know u would have fired me but i am good at what i do, and yes i still do what i want to do.

So say what you want
(You know I'm wasting all my time)
You've gotta mean it when you say what you want
(You're only safe when you're alone)
And everybody's on your mind
Saying anything to get you by
Re: I gots good news  [message #43070 is a reply to message #43069] Sun, 17 June 2007 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Congratulations! Strong wills win. If you have determination you can push through and do almost anything. Just be careful if others around have stronger wills than you!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: I gots good news  [message #43072 is a reply to message #43069] Sun, 17 June 2007 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Now you get the challenges from your staff and you have to decide about hiring and firing yourself.

Be consistent, be fair and lead them team rather than telling them what to do. You get better performance out of people by leading and asking than you do by ordering about.

But, when the time comes to order them, do it firmly and fairly.

Be approachable, and yet you can not now "be one of the boys", so make sure you have that slight distance from them that you ned while being able to be a friend in times of trouble.

I'd have fired you, too. I'm glad you got the job and kept the old job long enough to get this one. Management is hard. Be good at it.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I gots good news  [message #43080 is a reply to message #43069] Sun, 17 June 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Well done - enjoy the slightly greater freedom to do things your own way!

And remember to keep time aside for yourself - it can be difficult when starting any kind of new job. Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers sometimes.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: I gots good news  [message #43081 is a reply to message #43080] Sun, 17 June 2007 14:00 Go to previous message
jack is currently offline  jack

Likes it here

Well done Jay,

I wish you all the best, your man management skills will now need to kick in.

& i do agree with you stropy customers, always end up the looser, peolple should realise that dealing with the public is not always easy.

life is to enjoy.
Previous Topic: hi guys the name is tate,i may be late but a good date
Next Topic: will and I wrots this with me yesterday
Goto Forum: