A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Long Distance Romances
Long Distance Romances  [message #4597] Fri, 27 September 2002 00:19 Go to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

Now that our much loved David in Hong Kong is winging his way to his beloved for a well deserved weekend of renewal, I was wondering. Are there others on this board who have to suffer the pains and frustrations of a long distance romance? How often do you see each other? What do you do in the meantime? Does it cause doubts at times? Are you exploring options to reduce the separation?

Just something to talk about while David is having fun without us.

Hugs, Charlie
It gets even more complex  [message #4607 is a reply to message #4597] Fri, 27 September 2002 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

What about those who have never met and are still deeply in love? Those who may never meet, yet pass time in ecstasy because, online, they have found love? Or those who, like me, spent years in an agony of separation by distance and time from someone they loved but who never knew?

Ah wait! You wanted answers!!! Not got any.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It gets even more complex  [message #4628 is a reply to message #4607] Sat, 28 September 2002 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

It's Saturday morning here, and I arrived last night about 7PM. First time together since May 5th, due to work hassles. Man is a wonderful cook, and made some of my favorite Thai dishes.

He was supposed to get up at 6am to get to his classes (at 31, he's going to University, which I am extremely proud of). Let's just say that he was late leaving this morning, but all the plumbing still works after months of disuse...!

The long distance is difficult. But we're each pretty independent even when together, and so the relationship has survived, even strengthened. We've been a couple almost 10 years, and I have had this job in Hong Kong almost 5 years. We need it for the money we're saving for retirement.

If I lose this job, I'll be poorer by a lot financally, but at least we'd be in the same country again.

Sorry about the typos, but the keyboard I'm using right now has the 56 lertters of the Thai alphabet on them as well as the English letters...*giggles*
icon6.gif David, you are supposed to be too busy to post  [message #4635 is a reply to message #4628] Sat, 28 September 2002 15:01 Go to previous message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

I thought you were going to be busy laying on the beach reading a good book and other things (giggle).

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Charlie
Previous Topic: a thank you to all writers at this site
Next Topic: I am beating my peace drum again ...
Goto Forum: