A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....
Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48273] Sat, 12 January 2008 13:55 Go to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

The past few months have been hard for me. School, which isn't bad in and of itself but it is intense... and I insist on A's for grades... Nothing less will do... But for maths that is... Math is my deamon... So I will have to retake it... YAY for redo's...

For those that know me, I am not wealthy... I do have some nice toys at my disposal, but that is due to connections that go back to my relationship with Rick and his family... Things have been stressful regarding all of that... The remodel has been requiring much more active participation than I was told i would have to provide at the onset of this project. It's going to be worth it in the end though...

Also, for those that know me, I am in a huge house which I rent in Ohio... It is far too much to keep up what with my other committments... So in november I decided that I would move after the holidays... I have been packing all the things I want to take along with me.... and I gave away some 15000 books and 1000 coats which were in storage here (a legacy of my former army navy store) to the Goodwill Industries... along with assorted computers and a dozen spare monitors.

Last week I looked at a nice place, and after some days was told my application was denied due to the fact that I was a full time student which to them did not constitute a full time job... it didnt matter that I generate a tight but comfortable income from grants and scholarships (if anyone wants info on scholarships for gays let me know i have a guge directory of them) so thursday i was in a panik mode.

Thursday afternoon, i spotted an ad in the local newspaper and called it... I left school to preview it and went straight to the office to fils my application...

Yesterday afternoon (friday) I called the agent representing the nice 1 bedroom flat i wanted and she said I was totally approved...

I feel as if a heavy weight has been taken from me... This flat is hundreds less a month, with heat included, big enough rooms and ample storage.... Im not sure if my dining room table will fit, but thats not a huge problem... the only sad thing is that I am not allowed to have my beautiful Kittykat... she's been with me for 5 years or more... I asked my friend Rose to take her for me... hopefully she can work it out...

This holiday season was hard for me... it was the first holiday season that I had to spend alone... Ever... For some reason things just became too close and I guess I fell apart somewhat...

I know I'm a mess... just please understand that I don't want to be... I'm in therapy, I take my medicines, I am trying... I think Jordan hit on a point that I really took to heart. I'm working that all through in my mind...

Now, this is for some of the younger peoples... I don't know what I did to any of you... When I converse with any of you I insist that it be kept civil and appropriate... If I did something to hurt or upset you, please tell me what I did... because I seriously don't know... If I did indeed do something it was unintentional and I am sorry... Just, please let me know...

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48277 is a reply to message #48273] Sat, 12 January 2008 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Dear Marc,

I didn't realise that among the other things you were worrying about there was also the problem of rent and disposing of things to make it possible to move to a smaller place.

We are lucky to own and live in a house with just enough space for us and our things and just enough income to keep it and us going. When I was working for the local AIDS charity I met several gay people who had no savings, didn't own a house or flat and couldn't find a well-paid job.

But if you are gay and improvident it's quite a common fate. I imagine it is easy to have too much to feel it's worth bothering about the distant future. When you are young and well paid everyone should do something to avoid destitution in their old age.

I don't think I did. I just got lucky.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48278 is a reply to message #48277] Sat, 12 January 2008 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

I'm by no means destitute, but there isnt a whole lot of extra.

With moving into this new place there will be a little more slack as well.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48279 is a reply to message #48278] Sat, 12 January 2008 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Dear Marc.

Hey. I'm glad that things are getting better for you, and that you're happy. That makes me happy. I'm happy for you. (I said 'happy' quite a few times in that sentence. *laughs*)

Has anything new come up in your life lately? We can still be friends^^ Don't worry about that.

*Gives you a friendly hug.*

Love you.

~Josh~

Love who you want to.

~Josh~
Re: Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48281 is a reply to message #48273] Sat, 12 January 2008 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hey Marc, can we help you choose the curtains?

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Decorating  [message #48284 is a reply to message #48281] Sat, 12 January 2008 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

I've already bought the wallpaper. Hope he can live with floral! ;-D

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Happy for a change.... hopefully for good....  [message #48286 is a reply to message #48273] Sun, 13 January 2008 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm truly sorry about kittycat.

Can anyone here give a home to a really cute kittycat called kittycat? If we were in the same country I'd take her like a shot.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
2008 is going to be a good year  [message #48293 is a reply to message #48273] Sun, 13 January 2008 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I just have a really good feeling about this year. Not just for myself, but for others and for the world.

Maybe it's the fact that we're going to see the backside of Bush (Australia already got rid of Howard, thank god)? Maybe it's just that after a shitty 2007 things can't get much worse.

I dunno, but I just have a good feeling about this year. I hope it works out for you, Marc. And for all of us.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: 2008 is going to be a good year  [message #48303 is a reply to message #48293] Sun, 13 January 2008 17:21 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Dear Saben,

I do hope you are right, particularly for the troubled people around here.

And, Marc, I do hope the better feelings last.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: I've often wondered about that!
Next Topic: hi all
Goto Forum: