A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Man Faces Child Abuse Charges After Home Circumcision
Man Faces Child Abuse Charges After Home Circumcision  [message #48982] Sun, 10 February 2008 16:00 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

DALLAS, N.C. -- Investigators say a man has been charged with child abuse in Caldwell County for circumcising his two infant sons with a utility knife.

Authorities said 32-year-old Johnny Eric Marlowe, a self-admitted polygamist, fathered children with his legal wife and another woman who lives in their home.

One gave birth to a boy at their home in the rural Kings Creek community in November 2005, and the other gave birth to a boy there four months later.

“We've picked up some more info, which will help us lead further into our investigation, (information) that we didn't know before,” said Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones.

Detective Shelly Hartley said Marlowe doesn't like hospitals and denied the women prenatal care in both cases, then circumcised the boys when they were 8 days old.

Marlowe later moved to Gaston County and is serving a 150-day jail sentence there on charges of resisting a public officer, assault on a female and multiple counts of child neglect.

Marlowe had a total of 11 children with the two women.

"Sick, he's got a sick mind,” a former neighbor said. “Anybody that would do that to their children -- there's something really wrong with them.”

Copyright 2008 by WXII12.com.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/15251643/detail.html

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Man Faces Child Abuse Charges After Home Circumcision  [message #48986 is a reply to message #48982] Sun, 10 February 2008 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

"Sick, he's got a sick mind," a former neighbour said. "Anybody that would do that to their children -- there's something really wrong with them."

The same could broadly be said about circumcision in general.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon13.gif Inbred hillbillies  [message #49003 is a reply to message #48982] Mon, 11 February 2008 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChowanBoyRedux is currently offline  ChowanBoyRedux

Likes it here

This gives North Carolina a bad name. All of us aren't crazy, just a few.

I'm glad I'm not circumcised, but it's cool that Jon is. Our friends are about equally divided cut versus uncut. I am not; Jon is; Dan and his cousins Micah and Joshua are but then they're Jewish; Eddie, Paul and Alan are not; Patrick and Brian are. I've seen fathers and sons in the country club locker rooms like Jon and his dad where the son is circumcised but the father is not. But I haven't seen any "the other way" that is where the father is circumcised and the son is left natural. Among the black dudes I've seen in the school locker rooms, most are not circumcised.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2008 13:52]

Re: Inbred hillbillies  [message #49004 is a reply to message #49003] Mon, 11 February 2008 15:44 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

That observed ratio is like the UK in the 1960s. There is hope for the USA yet

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Sitting here, I got to wondering......
Next Topic: Just to leave you, for a while, with a smile
Goto Forum: