A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The sun's solstice
The sun's solstice  [message #50964] Thu, 19 June 2008 12:37 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Over the next couple of days we in the northern hemisphere shall start to give the sun back to our friends in the southern hemisphere.

The solstice is at 23.59 hrs GMT / UTC on Thursday, 20 June, or 00.59 hrs BST on Friday, 21 June. The sun will appear over or near the international date line south west of the Hawaiian Islands.

Hugs
N

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2008 12:41]

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: The sun's solstice  [message #50966 is a reply to message #50964] Thu, 19 June 2008 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

The longest day of the year for us; enjoy every minute of it for there are those who, through no fault of their own, can not.

I may have worked hard and earned everything that I have, but I am still very grateful for it all. Grateful for living in a free and prosperous country; grateful for my parents and the values they taught me; grateful for the good health I have; grateful for the warm bed I enjoy each night; grateful for the full stomach that keeps me going.

You may not have as many reasons to be grateful as I, but you have some, maybe even more. The point is, it only takes a few minutes each day to give thanks.

JimB
Re: The sun's solstice  [message #50967 is a reply to message #50964] Thu, 19 June 2008 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Thanks, I've been missing it...

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: The sun's solstice  [message #50971 is a reply to message #50964] Thu, 19 June 2008 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Yes,
Nigel,

It's far too soon for me. I want to lie in the sun and get brown - but I haven't had a chance yet this year. We are giving the sun back far too early.

Love,
Anthony
Re: The sun's solstice  [message #50972 is a reply to message #50967] Thu, 19 June 2008 20:03 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Well, Saben,

You get a lot more of it than we do here in England. Sydney is at about the same latitude south as Morrocco is north so Melbourne must be the equivalent latitude to Spain I guess.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: Define dairy products…
Next Topic: Hole in the wall
Goto Forum: