A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????
Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51257] Thu, 03 July 2008 16:52 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That is disgraceful. I saw this just now in one of his posts. That is just nasty.

I do not appreciate that, sent to anyone here by any means, nor sent form anyone here by any means.

Shame on whoever that was.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51259 is a reply to message #51257] Thu, 03 July 2008 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Right, Timmy,

No-one in his right mind would wish Marc anything but the best of luck and happiness.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51263 is a reply to message #51259] Thu, 03 July 2008 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Exactly. But wishing for anyone's demise, that is not thinkable. IT is not acceptable.

Marc and I do not always like each other. I'm sure you have all noticed that. But he is my friend and I am his.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51266 is a reply to message #51263] Thu, 03 July 2008 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

u don like me?:'-(

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51267 is a reply to message #51266] Thu, 03 July 2008 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Not always Smile Why would I? But friendship is not about the periods of like or fail to like. It is far deeper than that.

Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51268 is a reply to message #51267] Thu, 03 July 2008 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

Smoooooch....

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51269 is a reply to message #51257] Fri, 04 July 2008 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

The most I've ever wished for is that Marc would more readily agree with me.

I wonder if it's an active member or just some gutless lurker that doesn't even participate here.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51271 is a reply to message #51269] Fri, 04 July 2008 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ok, once and for all, lurkers are not gutless. They just do not wish to add anything.

Whoever it was, they emailed him, thus are "private" rather than "gutless". Nonetheless the action was unpleasant.

Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51291 is a reply to message #51271] Mon, 07 July 2008 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Lurkers themselves aren't gutless.

But whoever emailed him- lurker or not, in fact- definitely are.

The reason I suspected a lurker was because I can't imagine anyone who posts here doing such a horrible thing.

If someone is going to hide in private and send such nasty messages- that is gutless.

Plenty of people may not feel like posting and prefer to just read. That is fine unless they take to attacking active posters behind closed doors.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51292 is a reply to message #51291] Mon, 07 July 2008 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Needs to get a life!

He was not a lurker...

Re: Wishing for Marc's demise?????????????????  [message #51297 is a reply to message #51291] Mon, 07 July 2008 09:08 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please do imagine it about anyone here. This is real life, and we are not all nice people. This forum has a public face of niceness, but real people exist behind that public face, with real niceness and with real nastiness.

Marc has not chosen to tell me who it was, primarily because it was a private (unpleasant) email. Marc has a strong sense of ethics. So have I, for I will not ask who it was.

But I do ask whoever it was to consider their actions and whether this is the right forum for them.

I do think an email of apology to Marc is most strongly called for.

Previous Topic: interesting tv commercial
Next Topic: The mainstreaming of lesbian/gay youth
Goto Forum: