A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Haiku Alley is Launched
Haiku Alley is Launched  [message #5006] Sun, 13 October 2002 14:49 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Click here and see and submit gay Haiku You also get the chance to vote for the ones you enjoy.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Oh yes.............  [message #5060 is a reply to message #5006] Tue, 15 October 2002 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Voting creates a "Haiku of the Moment" which appears on the front page. We are modifying the ranking system to ensure that any haiku has a good chance of hitting the front page even if newly submitted.

Megaman is AMAZING

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Haiku Alley is Launched  [message #5071 is a reply to message #5006] Wed, 16 October 2002 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

I voted and I submitted one. If you consider it to be silly or incorrect, I wont be troubled if you delete it ok?

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
Keep submitting, keep voting  [message #5072 is a reply to message #5071] Wed, 16 October 2002 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Not just Ashley but all of us. I reject if incorrect SYLLABLE COUNT or non gay theme. Otherwise I accept allcomers. IF I can understand them!

icon9.gif Re: Keep submitting, keep voting  [message #5077 is a reply to message #5072] Wed, 16 October 2002 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

Maybe some other time.

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
icon7.gif Re: Keep submitting, keep voting  [message #5082 is a reply to message #5077] Wed, 16 October 2002 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Do you still have your haiku (no matter what syllable count)?

If so, please mail it to me or post it here, I'd really like to read it.

-Lenny

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon9.gif Re: Keep submitting, keep voting  [message #5086 is a reply to message #5077] Thu, 17 October 2002 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick

Likes it here

I looked for yours but I couldn't find it ..if you would my friend . please send it to me so I can read it ..thanks
icon13.gif I could not post mine either Ashley .....  [message #5090 is a reply to message #5077] Thu, 17 October 2002 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Mine had the same first line as someone elses. so i wont post it. I really liked it, but it seems like a copy now, even though I had not seen his till I was ready to post it.

Maybe you could try again? I would love to read yours anyway.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon7.gif Ashley, Kevin!  [message #5093 is a reply to message #5077] Thu, 17 October 2002 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

What's this about giving up?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again".
I would very much like to see a Haiku from both of you.
Please.
Pretty please.
that a haiku fails to make the cut is no big deal  [message #5094 is a reply to message #5006] Thu, 17 October 2002 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have been weeding out those I accepted in error, too.

If it does not make it, heck it just never hit the rules. So try again. Try often. And keep trying.

The voting is being modified so that one perosn or one haiku will not monopolise "Haiku of the Moment". You will already have seen that a certain time must elapse before you can re-vote for the same haiku.

You may vote for ALL of them, some of them or none of them. You may vote for your own because there is no way of preventing it, and because the new scheme for "HotM" will prevent vote rigging anyway

icon7.gif Re: Ashley, Kevin!  [message #5099 is a reply to message #5093] Thu, 17 October 2002 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

Not sure I can yet Steve, I really liked yours though.

Be well,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Kevin, my friend,  [message #5102 is a reply to message #5099] Thu, 17 October 2002 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is currently offline  Steve

Really getting into it

Flattery will get you everywhere. Smile

I showed you mine, now you show me yours! Wink
icon12.gif 5.....7.....5  [message #5124 is a reply to message #5006] Thu, 17 October 2002 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

I just submitted some that I wrote. I am waiting for the axe to fall.....I sat in class today tapping 5....7....5 over and over trying to get the rhythm right Smile

timmy's message board:
we try to write our haiku
Fingers go tap-tap !

write a good haiku...
worry, worry, worry - fret
counting syllables !!

::giggle::
smith

icon7.gif Rofl, smith!  [message #5134 is a reply to message #5124] Fri, 18 October 2002 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I had this really weird and disturbing dream just before I woke up, proceeded to read the online news, there was more on physical child abuse. That is a theme that has been going on for about two days now, I got more disturbed (personal reasons, ho-hum...). Then I go here to calm down.

I read your haikus and start laughing! You forgot the seasonal theme, but they sure made me smile big though! Thank you, reason2shine...

-Lenny

direct my sail."

So THAT must be it  [message #5137 is a reply to message #5134] Fri, 18 October 2002 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I had child abuse on my mind so vividly that I had to express it in some particularly strident haiku.

icon9.gif They have many online polls on the news site...  [message #5139 is a reply to message #5137] Fri, 18 October 2002 09:06 Go to previous message

On fire!

Almost a third of all who voted (32.2% of over 47.200 people responding to the poll) says they've been beaten by their parents.

Almost one eigth of all parents (11.8% out of over 31.000) say they beat their children.

Isn't that *scary*?

-Lenny (Who is just another statistic...sigh.)

direct my sail."

Previous Topic: I am totaly pissed......
Next Topic: What a Great Day!
Goto Forum: