A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Girth or circumference?
Girth or circumference?  [message #58300] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:15 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Bizarre news. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/12/supermarket_launch/

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58302 is a reply to message #58300] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

1mm wider. Is that significant?

It reminds me of the old story from the Cold War days. Russia ordered 12 inch condoms from America. America supplied them marked 'medium'.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58306 is a reply to message #58300] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Dear Timmy,
there's a lot to say about condoms and certainly insufficient room here!

On me most are inclined, when fully 'on', to roll up a bit and trap hairs and so become uncomfortable. I guess this only happens if the penis diameter increases as the root of it is approached. Do other people find this?

In my case, since I don't really get hard enough for penetrative sex, even with chemical assistance, that means I am no longer either as thick or as long when erect as I used to be in my youth.

The largest size of condom such as Trojan Magnums are sufficiently roomy to accommodate my balls as well, without squeezing them. That, of course, brings them (the condoms, silly!) into close contact with more hair and consequent discomfort in taking them off.

Hence the rationale for shaving or at least trimming some of one's pubic hair.

Does anyone else find the same problems? Do I have to admit to a condom fetish to draw you in?

Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 21:33]

Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58307 is a reply to message #58302] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I don't think 1 mm is significant. Common diameters vary from at a minimum 43 mm to 54 mm (which I think is too loose for anyone but giants).

I'll try to attach Condomania's list of sizes of popular condoms.

Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 21:39]

Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58321 is a reply to message #58307] Thu, 13 August 2009 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Madame de Sevigne (1626-1696) described condoms as "gossamer against infection, steel against love."

J F R

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2009 09:23]

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58322 is a reply to message #58321] Thu, 13 August 2009 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Madame de Sevigné was right for those times. The latex condoms of today are another question.

Anthony
Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58324 is a reply to message #58322] Thu, 13 August 2009 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

In his response to me Anthony hints - very gently - that I perhaps should have thought twice or three times before posting that quip of Madame de Sévigné. And he is absolutely right! In this day and age condoms are an essential that no one who is sexually active should be without at any time. Mea culpa.

J F R

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2009 16:03]

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Condoms in general  [message #58326 is a reply to message #58302] Thu, 13 August 2009 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I was amused earlier today that over the in-house 'radio' system my local pharmacy was offering "Buy one Durex, get one free".

Hmm, packet of three plus a packet for free.

Hugs
N

Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58329 is a reply to message #58324] Thu, 13 August 2009 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Dear JFR, the thought of such a hint hadn't entered my head. All I was doing was teasing you - but I had to avoid the suggestion that you are so old as to remember her because I know I'm older than you!

Love,
Anthony
Re: Condoms in general  [message #58330 is a reply to message #58326] Thu, 13 August 2009 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Did I ever tell you, Nigel, that I was Management Services Manager for LRI, the manufacturers of Durex?

The staff got free samples!

Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2009 20:56]

Re: Condoms in general  [message #58331 is a reply to message #58330] Thu, 13 August 2009 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Anthony, is that how they were tested? And did you make Marigolds as well?

Hugs
Nigel

Re: Condoms in general  [message #58334 is a reply to message #58331] Fri, 14 August 2009 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yes, Nigel.
Re: Girth or circumference?  [message #58348 is a reply to message #58306] Sat, 15 August 2009 14:29 Go to previous message

On fire!

I couldn't attach the table (of sizes) but here is a link to it:

http://secure.condomania.com/CondomStats/#view

If you buy anything from him send Christopher Filkins my best wishes.
Love,
Anthony

[Updated on: Sat, 15 August 2009 14:31]

Previous Topic: Old, clichéd but there is a point
Next Topic: APOS for partners?
Goto Forum: