A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > One reason we did not allow poster's signature pics!
icon12.gif One reason we did not allow poster's signature pics!  [message #5795] Fri, 08 November 2002 14:06 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

People trawl the net for pics and use them as signature pics on messagebaords. One Spanish gentleman has grabbed one form my site to use at http://www.folosoft.com/foros/mensajes.php?id=680&catg=2654&msg=16594. What he neglected to do was to put that pic on his own server, so he is using OUR bandwidth.

The pic he wanted was of Tadzio. This one:

The pic he gets now is less pleasant. For that one you get to visit the link. It takes a while to load completely. "Tadzio1" is the guy. 64 separate posts (so far) on that board with that new signature pic!

Vengeance is mine.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Less pleasant, huh? LOL  [message #5796 is a reply to message #5795] Fri, 08 November 2002 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

That's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? Very Happy

-L

PS: the contrast of the text is a bit poor. May I suggest you use red instead of pale blue? Gets the message across better. Smile

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon6.gif I was going for SUBTLE!  [message #5799 is a reply to message #5796] Fri, 08 November 2002 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

No Message Body

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon6.gif I thought you said you'd keep my pics private?  [message #5810 is a reply to message #5795] Sat, 09 November 2002 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

Just kidding. Too funny, timmy.
icon7.gif LOL  [message #5820 is a reply to message #5795] Sun, 10 November 2002 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mt is currently offline  mt

Toe is in the water

No Message Body
Sweet  [message #5857 is a reply to message #5795] Tue, 12 November 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He STILL has not noticed

I love it when a scheme works

The saga continues.  [message #5862 is a reply to message #5795] Tue, 12 November 2002 16:26 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Tadzio 1" has protested at http://www.folosoft.com/foros/mensajes.php?id=680&catg=1851&msg=17522&page=0 that he is totally innocent and has been very busy and that someone has stolen his password.

Someone explains to him that he is a dwilp. Then some pompous person starts worrying about the website it is from! Sweet!

Previous Topic: Two tough questions
Next Topic: Yesterday sucked! and today is not going to be any better!
Goto Forum: