A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Question
Question  [message #58654] Fri, 11 September 2009 21:49 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

If nature designed humans for exclusively heterosexual activity, why does the prostate play such a big rôle in homosexual stimulation and pleasure? After all, with a different nerve arrangement it could just get on with its job in semen production.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Question  [message #58655 is a reply to message #58654] Fri, 11 September 2009 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Dear Nigel,

People are not designed. They happened. And the bits of us that respond to stimulation can't tell what is stimulating them and various of them can be stimulated with very unnatural things like electricity.

And, as Timmy will tell you, homosexuality is quite natural and occurs in a great many animals and birds - maybe all of them - and every homosexual person (or animal) has parents who presumably are at worst bi-sexual. The proportion of homosexuals seems to stay fairly constant at about 10% whether you send all such people (that you can catch) to the gas chambers or treat them like human beings.

And those of us that are homosexual should just accept what we like and play nicely and avoid diseases and do good things (and a few bad ones) and fall in love and form lifelong partnerships or just make the occasional friend. Above all we should fulfil ourselves and like ourselves and stop worrying about whether we are helping some supposed designer to achieve his ambition.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Question  [message #58656 is a reply to message #58654] Fri, 11 September 2009 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

This is a very good question, Nigel. Let's go along with your implication that human men were designed to be bi-sexual and run with it. If nature did design men so, it was because it helped such men to survive and thrive and procreate...that always what nature wants to do. Could it be that men who loved their fellow man to the point of sexual relationships tended to cooperate better to ward off predators? One might deduce from such a postulation that all men tended to romp about with each other when their equipment was not required for procreation. So whaddaya think?

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: Question  [message #58661 is a reply to message #58656] Sat, 12 September 2009 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I asked this, as I sometimes do, as a rhetorical question to provoke a little debate. Also the ironies and contradictions of life interest me.

To me the logical answer is that somewhere along the line nature allowed for a loving and/or stimulating relationhip between males.

I know nothing about lesbian relationships, but I did dip briefly into nifty out of curiosity and from the little I read I gathered the main form of stimulation and satisfaction is tongue and clitoris. Out of the window went my exaggerated imaginations of double dildos and similar mechanicals.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Question  [message #58663 is a reply to message #58661] Sat, 12 September 2009 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So let us add to your question the geometry of penis (broadly circular in cross section), the anus, (broadly circular in cross section and the vagina, (broadly elliptical in cross section.

Which is the better fit? penis/anus, where it is also well gripped, or penis/vagina, where the fit is a bit sloppy and the lubrication gives you wheelspin?

[Updated on: Sat, 12 September 2009 09:35]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Question  [message #58664 is a reply to message #58663] Sat, 12 September 2009 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Well, yes, the geometry would seem to work better for anal intercourse, however, we can probably discount that fact because it is also possible to have anal intercourse with a lady. Additionally, we should consider lubrication. Anal intercourse is a bitch without lube. But vaginal intercourse requires no trip to the grocer to buy appropriate lubrication medium and seems more natural for that reason.

BTW, a guy I used to top for told me that two guys could get stuck together if they didn't lube properly. Was he just pulling my leg there, or is that a fact? I remember seeing a couple of dogs engaged in some sort of intercourse once and they appeared to be stuck together....or maybe they just liked it and didn't want to separate. I really don't know. Please let me know if you feel such a frank discussion of these matters is out of place here.

Re: Question  [message #58665 is a reply to message #58661] Sat, 12 September 2009 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"To me the logical answer is that somewhere along the line nature allowed for a loving and/or stimulating relationhip between males."

Yes. Assuming that is the case, why did nature favor males who enjoyed sexual intreraction with males. In a word, how did the nerve stimulation of the prostate turn out be the natural preferred configuration of male anatomy? It had tohave something to do with the survival of the species.

Re: Question  [message #58668 is a reply to message #58654] Sat, 12 September 2009 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

Your question, or any question for that matter, is unanswerable when it is based upon an invalid proposition: i.e. that humans are meant exclusively for heterosexual activity. There is no basis for this proposition in nature since many other species besides humans engage in homosexual activity. In regards to the prostrate, it serves an important purpose in both homosexual and heterosexual activities.

JimB
Re: Question  [message #58673 is a reply to message #58664] Sat, 12 September 2009 20:00 Go to previous message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Macky, dogs have a 'knot' which is a swelling of the penis near the root that fixes the dog to the bitch for a few minutes after intercourse. The knot swells up at about the time of ejaculation.

I would guess that the knot is easily three times the diameter of the penis above and below it.

Love,
Anthony
Previous Topic: I saw a film today
Next Topic: The Republican Party's True Ideology
Goto Forum: