A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Went to protest at city hall today....
Went to protest at city hall today....  [message #58800] Sun, 20 September 2009 04:20 Go to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

I would like to share this picture i took....

what do you guys get from this picture?

Photobucket

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
Re: Went to protest at city hall today....  [message #58802 is a reply to message #58800] Sun, 20 September 2009 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

As this is America I cannot be sure of the answer, but if it were the UK, it would be a protest against politicians in general and the government in particular trying to force their/its orthodoxy on free thinking citizens.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Went to protest at city hall today....  [message #58809 is a reply to message #58800] Sun, 20 September 2009 17:27 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I wish you had been able to take a wider picture showing the size of the crowd. From this picture I got that it rained and that folk cared enough to be there in the rain.

I see the placard about politics, but, while eloquent in what it says, it does not get down to sound bite level to describe the true anger behind the protest.

How large was the crowd? Were any significant speeches made? Did anyone come out to represent City Hall and what did they say?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: US - Conservative religious states have more pregnacies
Next Topic: Poem - Night
Goto Forum: