A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!
icon4.gif This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60426] Thu, 31 December 2009 23:09 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

I was sent a link to this video by a prominent New York blogger who knows that I have been following the Ugandan debacle. This is a video response to Pastor Rick Warren's condemnation of the Ugandan bill on homosexuality.
Listen carefully to what he says... [ Note, it took him two videos to say what he wanted to get across when it only took Warren one. ]

Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60431 is a reply to message #60426] Fri, 01 January 2010 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

And? ... ... ...

I thought you were a campaigner for justice. What you have done by posting this on its own is to waste the time of a few good people who just get higher blood pressure and have no idea what to do about it.

We don't know who this Ugandan is or even for sure that he is a Ugandan.

If you are not trying to waste my time, please tell me what you intend by this post.

Anthony
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60432 is a reply to message #60431] Fri, 01 January 2010 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

acam wrote:
> We don't know who this Ugandan is or even for sure that he is a Ugandan.

He says his name at the start of the video......Martin Ssempa.
His home page is here (if you REALLY want to waste your time):
http://www.martinssempa.com/

> If you are not trying to waste my time, please tell me what you intend by this post.

Not speaking for Brody, but the intent of the post appears to be to Pass along information. What you do with that information is up to you.

If you consider viewing the video to be a waste of time, don't blame Brody....you didn't have to read the post. That was your choice.

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60433 is a reply to message #60432] Fri, 01 January 2010 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Well, this post (pastor) has apparently succeeded in its aim of pissing at least two people off.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60435 is a reply to message #60431] Fri, 01 January 2010 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Now let me see.

Yes, a better introduction would be better, but this arsewipe is Martin Saempe, as he says at the start.

Those who have been following the vicious Ugandan bastards will realise that he is one of those at the heart of it.

Please try very hard not to let any feud you and Brody may have obscure your observation skills. This Ugandan thing is important. I know it's in the arse end of Africa and run by a load of idiots but they are still setting a nasty genocidal precedent.

And this idiocy is sponsored and caused by US religious bigots. And the Arsebishop of Canterbury was VERY slow to condemn them.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60436 is a reply to message #60433] Fri, 01 January 2010 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Your anger is a bit misguided as it should be directed to Pastor Rick Warren;

Well, Rick Warren 'You shall reap what you sow' and now that your ministers stirred things up in the parliament of Uganda against homosexuals, you try to distance your self from the very hatred your ministers spewed there. Nice going! Now Uganda is preparing to commit genocide and they can't understand your reaction. Very Christian like approach, congratulations to you! Why indeed does this Ugandan minister seem perplexed from the about face you present? Fred Phelps couldn't have done a better job then your American ministers did.

Acam, I'm guessing you were not aware of what has been going on in Uganda, if you had you might have skipped the video. It was not a waste of time to me! The reaction from the international community has been to withhold much needed aid for that country, I believe Sweden was the first to do so.
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60437 is a reply to message #60436] Fri, 01 January 2010 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

I'm well aware, Benji, of what is going on in Uganda. I'd like to stop it from going on. I've written to various people about it.

I don't see that if Brody succeeded in getting me irritated it would do anyone any good. That was why I asked.

Anthony
icon6.gif Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60442 is a reply to message #60435] Sat, 02 January 2010 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Thank you EJ. Yeah, EJ has pretty well summed up the reason I posted those vids and of course it was in light of many previous discussions that had occurred here on Tim's board regarding the Ugandan debacle.

Interestingly enough, the link to those videos came from a citizen-journalist who has been a crucial moving force in dissemination of the facts and information in a timely fashion that has helped to galvanize efforts to increase global awareness, and brought pressure to bear on recalcitrant politicians as well as religious leaders around the United States and in Europe. Although its not without some irony that I find the Holy See's responses to this mess to have been lukewarm at best.

Oh, I should note for the record that I am a journalist, not a "campaigner for justice." It is my hope that the stories I report on and the articles I write will educate, motivate, make a difference, and most of all, contribute in a positive fashion to this world I inhabit. After-all, it was 30 years ago I watched the city of San Francisco go up in flames after the Dan White Conviction was handed down. I was there when a whole bunch of really angry Gay people just like me rioted. It was then I realised what it was I wanted to do for a living, a career.

Thirty years later? I'm still doing it happily. If what I write causes people to go out and fight to make changes, to make a difference, or even just to be better informed? Then I have done my job.

I never twist anybody's arm to read my articles as it truly doesn't matter to me whether or not they do. I sure hope that they do, but it is entirely up to them if they desire to read my stuff and then, what course of action they may or may not decide to take. The core of my profession is just that. We, Journalists, are here to tell the stories and to chronicle our collective human existence on this third rock from the Sun.

I post here many times to help inform you folks of things that you may or may not be aware of. Tim, NW & Jamie kindly indicated that they'd rather not see this place turn into a "RSS LGBT ALL-THE-TIME NEWS OUTLET," so I've limited myself to stuff that I write & create or I make a reference to the originating source via links now. In this case though, owing to previous discussions, I felt that posting both vids would be helpful. More of an even basis for weighing all the elements of the Ugandan situation.

Here's the deal people, information is very potent and can be powerful. The better educated one is in making a stand or an argument or advocating a position, the obviously better off that person will be if they hope to gain anything.

My assumption was that since this is a Gay board, and since I am an openly Gay man who also happens to be a professional journalist, I thought that my best contribution would be to utilize my education and calling, and post things here that would be useful to folks even if they are only just lurkers.

The other part of this is the value of an exchange of ideas and of experience. For example, my fellow Canadian Warren & I recently had a thread discussion regarding HIV-AIDS. We both gained I think from that discussion.
A couple of weeks ago, NW told a wrenching but dynamic personal story here at APOS that touched me to the point that I ran it on my website and shared it with my readers. ( With his consent.)
Finally there's he who is only me from across the sea...........
Yeah Tim. I republish frequently his articles on my site. Why? Not to gain favor or be an arse kissing toady old fool. Hardly, its because Tim has a unique "voice" and spin on various Gay & other issues and I strongly feel need greater exposure and a wider audience.

Now, either my stuff is of interest or its not. Pretty simple philosophy actually. So if there are those of you here who gain and learn or even are motivated into a round of thought or two over something I've written or said then great eh? I'm humbled and flattered, oh and very grateful.
If you're not? Okay by me as well. In the final analysis, its all part & parcel of what I do for a living.
Re: This Pastor will piss ALL of you off, guaranteed!  [message #60464 is a reply to message #60426] Thu, 07 January 2010 03:23 Go to previous message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

A new video posted on the Box Turtle Bulletin:
"Scott Lively was one of three American activists to speak at an anti-gay conference in Kampala, Uganda on March 5-7, 2009. Two weeks later, he would brag that he delivered a "nuclear bomb against the gay agenda in Uganda."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVnWtpR1is

Scott lively on what causes homosexuality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxTXqeOoeo

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Previous Topic: When the subject line is just this one word...
Next Topic: Anti-Gay MPCommitted Adultery While Calling Gays Abomination
Goto Forum: