A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > OK, this might not seem important to you but....
OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62014] Mon, 19 April 2010 22:21 Go to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

It's getting to be summer around here.

I've been perving again.

Summer is shorts weather.

I have definite preferences regarding short pants. It has to do with baggy vs more form fitting shorts.

I like them both.

But....

If you're under 30 or thereabouts, I prefer you in baggys.

If you're over 30, I prefer you in more form fitting shorts.

Other than that, I'd just like to say that tank-tops aka muscle shirts make me cringe....I hate 'em. An unclad torso is much nicer to look at.

So whats yous guys looking forward to this summer?

Max

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62015 is a reply to message #62014] Mon, 19 April 2010 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Why is enjoying a good looking guy's appearance 'perving'?

I'm looking forward to glimpsing a good smile and flashing eyes among a morass of dullness.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62017 is a reply to message #62015] Tue, 20 April 2010 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"Why is enjoying a good looking guy's appearance 'perving'?"

Caz I was telling Aussie about how I like to watch the young guys who mow my lawn, and, well, he said I was 'perving' (Must be some OZ talk or something, but it's self explanatory and cute so I've adopted it into American.)

Max

Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62020 is a reply to message #62017] Tue, 20 April 2010 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I've been wearing short pants most of my life, Mackey. I happen to find the style a good fit for my slightly bulky legs. After running about 45 years of my life, my thigh and calf muscles have bulked out. Short pants do not bind the legs. So, I've grown to love the freedom of the short pants, all year, all types of weather (yes, I've worn short pants in a sub 0 winter Massachusetts day last year).
I like the cartenter pants better than the cargo. And a good khaki short pants are a good find. For the younger guys, try to show off your legs. Nice to see those leg muscles work and move.

Raymundo
Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62021 is a reply to message #62017] Tue, 20 April 2010 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

I don't know why you need to be skiting (another Aussie term means bragging ) that you are "perving on" the guys mowing your lawn just because you are taking our summer sun back from us.
Shouldn't you be mowing the lawn yourself just to keep your gut in check and improve your six pack (not the beer variety)?
Then take yor shirt off and the guys might come perving on you.
Just a bit of friendly advice.
Ps Dont forget to wear ya tight shorts or even better ya speedos (another Aussie invention)
Aussie ;-D

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 06:57]

It is self ghettoisation, self disgust  [message #62022 is a reply to message #62017] Tue, 20 April 2010 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

To me the use of the term sounds like self ghettoisation.

There is nothing whatsoever that is perverted about being interested in or sexually aroused by a good looking person, clothed or naked. It sounds as if anyone using the term is disgusted with himself.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62024 is a reply to message #62014] Tue, 20 April 2010 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Max, haven't you got it the wrong way round? Get the younger guys into tight shorts and the old dudes into looser ones. (Dispensation for Anthony who can only have his tights removed during a surgical operation.)

The sooner baggies - long or short - are made illegal, the better.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: It is self ghettoisation, self disgust  [message #62027 is a reply to message #62022] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I can understand why you feel.that way. But it's all in what the words mean to a person.

My talk of 'perving' on young guys is a form of self-acceptance for me.

My self acceptance is hard-won and I like to be reminded of the triumph.

Funny how words are such a weak communications mechanism. Seems everyone can have their own unique perspective on what they mean, and extract a different meaning and feeling from them.

I wonder if a language consisting of signs expressions and touch would work better. But I guess it's asking too much of humanity to ask it to communicate differently.

Max

Max

Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62028 is a reply to message #62020] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

I wore shorts prior to adolescense. I think I stopped then because my dad always had some comment re my developing body. Funny, I wear shorts routinely around the house and around town, but I was never comfortable wearing them in my dad's presence.
Max

Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62029 is a reply to message #62021] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Sixpack? Sir, I would inform you that this fine specimen sports nothing less than a keg.

But I am much too modest to doff my shirt at any time, save the shower. But If I thought it might get guys perving on me, I'd strip it off in an instant.

But sweating under a broiling sun mowing one's own lawn is not what life's about. Sitting in air conditioned comfort and watching the young guys doff their shirts and sweat is much more funner.

So how warm are your Oz winters anyway? Good perving weather?

Max

Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62030 is a reply to message #62029] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Max I was sure you'd have a sixpack and not a keg. I am really disappointed in you.
Our weather is great at the moment 27C all this week and perfect for sunbaking. Not much to perv on though, I have to mow my own lawns.

Aussie Wink
Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62032 is a reply to message #62024] Tue, 20 April 2010 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Nigel, dearest, one must maintain constant vigilance against sensory overload.

Like Timmy alluded to earlier in this thread, the thrill of looking at a young man is in his pleasing smile and the twinkle in his eye. To have to contend with a shapely form as well would detract from the facial experience. It would be too greedy, like eating ice cream out of the carton.

Now in an older man, I look for down to earth geniuneness. I see an old guy in baggies and I think 'What's the pretentious old tart trying to hide?'. Whereas form fitting shorts tell me 'Here I am; a genuine individual.'. Old guys can be spiritually beautiful in a way that's impossible for inexperienced young guys.
If they're overconcerned with their bodies, it's a turn off.

Max

Re: OK, this might not seem important to you but....  [message #62035 is a reply to message #62014] Tue, 20 April 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott is currently offline  Scott

Likes it here

Macky wrote:
> It's getting to be summer around here.
>
>
> Summer is shorts weather.
>
>
> So whats yous guys looking forward to this summer?
>
> Max

For me it's cargo shorts. Comfortable and breathable in the heat. Also to look at. What's left to the imagination is the best part. When I want nothing left to the imagination......cycling is my choice. That's why I look forward to the warmer weather and the re-emergence of spandex shorts and bright-colored, form-fitting jerseys. Pace lines can be fun if you are attached to the rear wheel of a cyclist with great legs and butt. And Max, my next metric is in your area this weekend. There will be many good looking cyclists of all ages on the road. I'll be one of many wearing my spandex and red jersey very well. (Yeah, a little ego in that ;-D )

Scott

Cycling is the one sport where a guy can shave his legs, wear spandex and bright colors, and be accepted.
icon7.gif Re: It is self ghettoisation, self disgust  [message #62037 is a reply to message #62027] Tue, 20 April 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Max said: "I wonder if a language consisting of signs expressions and touch would work better. But I guess it's asking too much of humanity to ask it to communicate differently."

Even when words fail me at the sight of something most attractive in shorts I think my opinions are best expressed as my tongue falls out and hits the floor.

In many cases it isn't how much skin is shown. it's the way in which it is done. Although a nice rounded ass is attractive, young men in sagging pants showing us their butt crack is a turn off. At times like that I use my imagination.

It's rare to see a boy in a Speedo, unless attending a swimming competition. Today the advent of Board Shorts, first worn by the skate board crowd, took away all pretense at what might be lurking behind the zipper. I look back fondly on my days as a young man when shorts were so tight one could tell if the object of my desires was circumcised. Sigh.

Razz

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: It is self ghettoisation, self disgust  [message #62042 is a reply to message #62037] Tue, 20 April 2010 21:51 Go to previous message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Oh, Chris, you've made me go all weak at the knees.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Previous Topic: At last! Now I know!
Next Topic: Appalling Outrage Against Simple Human Dignity
Goto Forum: