A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead
Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62434] Thu, 20 May 2010 07:12 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please see the video where the BBC interviews that little god bothering piece of shit Martin Sempa

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8693560.stm

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:44]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon13.gif Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62435 is a reply to message #62434] Thu, 20 May 2010 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

I'm Speachless...

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62436 is a reply to message #62435] Thu, 20 May 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

http://www.mambaonline.com/article.asp?artid=4426

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62437 is a reply to message #62434] Thu, 20 May 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CabinBoy is currently offline  CabinBoy

Toe is in the water

You know I do not understand why all of you older guys are surprised and angry. All of you or at least most of you are old enough to remember when all these cesspools of little African countries were colonies. From what I have read every single one of these places was better run and even moderately prosperous under the colonial powers.

You let apes run the zoo and what do you expect?
icon13.gif Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62439 is a reply to message #62437] Thu, 20 May 2010 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

That's a little harsh, Cabin Boy.
The European colonies in Africa were established to rape the wealth in materials, minerals and precious metals, the flow went back to Europe and left little behind.

The ones who prospered were the damned religious fanatics who followed the money trail. Even today a person can see that the various denominations embraced the natural beliefs (they would call them pagan) of the various tribes and clans into the rituals of their religion. I can well imagine the bloody Catholic dogma was quite attractive to Africans.

In brief, the colonies created artificial barriers, countries if you will, that did not match the needs of the African peoples. In times of drought an entire group of people used to be able to up and move a thousand miles towards the source of food and water, but not after the colonies were established.

Nature allowed the animals to survive by crossing these artificial borders, but man could not. And thus we have suffering and massive amounts of death in times of trouble. So let's put the blame where it needs to go, on the rich and greedy countries of Europe who placed the foot of domination on the necks of these poor people.

And just so you don't think we Americans get off easy, the tactics of the Cold War allowed us to use capitalism to steal the wealth in oil and minerals, all in the name of fighting communism and the Red Menace. Africa has been the pawn in so many games, but the white man institutionalized their knowledge of greed and self destruction. They would have been better off without us.

The largest issue Africa has with America was about slavery. I know the whole bunch of disinformation about the subject. The truth is that Africans sold Africans into slavery, and in many cases the profits went to their West African Muslum masters. If anyone thinks that black slaves were a cheap source of labor they are wrong, we are still paying for it. A black friend of mine thinks it pretty stupid when the source of cheap Mexican labor was right across our southern border.

If you look closely at the information about Uganda and this whole gay death penalty issue you will see that white men have poisoned these people with prejudice, used their pagan fears through the guise of religion to bring about these circumstances. We have never stopped poisoning the minds of the African people.

To respond to your comment, Cabin Boy: The zoo keepers are hardly capable of running anything well when so often it seems the animals have more common sense. Don't paint an entire race of people with one brush, it doesn't serve you well to make prejudicial comments.

But in fact this thread is all about gay people being treated like less than human, it is unfair to condemn an entire nation if that includes the oppressed we are trying to save. But Uganda is not alone, this is out today:

http://www.thedailymaverick.co.za/article/2010-05-20-malawi-gay-couples-jailed-for-14-years-of-hard-labour

We scream about boycotting and sanctions against Iran for something that hasn't happened yet, what do we do to a nation like this where the worst is happening right now?

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:39]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Colonies and Glass Houses  [message #62440 is a reply to message #62437] Thu, 20 May 2010 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

CabinBoy wrote:

...All of you or at least most of you are old enough to remember when all these cesspools of little African countries were colonies. From what I have read every single one of these places was better run and even moderately prosperous under the colonial powers...

Talking of erstwhile colonies, Cabin Boy, I am reminded that in 1776 the then British Prime Minister, Lord North, said, "I beg to inform the house that our American colonies are revolting." I bet they didn't teach ya that in school! Wink

Furthermore, I found this in my online newpaper this (Thursday) afternoon: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3891847,00.html

Cabin Boy, please note the last sentence: "The harsh sentence had been expected in this conservative southern African country after the same judge convicted Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza earlier this week under laws dating from the colonial era.

J F R

[Updated on: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:36]

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62444 is a reply to message #62437] Thu, 20 May 2010 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

It's not just in Africa that uncivilised people live, CabinBoy. For the first 33 years of my life all homosexual acts were illegal in the UK and punishable by prison. There are still many Christians in the USA and in England who would like to bring such a law back (or a worse law). The fact that some of the US groups are rich and have influenced many Africans to think as they do is regrettable but it isn't only the Africans who are awful.

But the attitude of many relions to sex is regrettable and maybe a list here isn't of serious interest.

But each one of us perhaps should think about it and decide what (if anything) they ought to do about it.

Love,
Anthony
Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62445 is a reply to message #62437] Thu, 20 May 2010 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Actually in Commonwealth nations at least a lot of anti-homosexual sentiment comes as the result of British Law which was imported wholesale. The piece of legislation in question refers to "Unnatural Acts" and in Tasmania where I'm from that law stood until the 80s.

I'd respond with a witty pun about animals, but I don't even want to legitimise your racist comments that are steeped and grounded in Western hermeneutic bias!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Uganda gay death penalty to go ahead  [message #62446 is a reply to message #62445] Thu, 20 May 2010 18:40 Go to previous message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Also remember in Africa there is an elephant in the room you're not looking at. This isn't JUST a matter of prejudice.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Previous Topic: Scandinavians loose in America
Next Topic: To Cabinboy & Acam- It's NOT about uncivilised folk.......
Goto Forum: