A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad
icon14.gif Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad  [message #62565] Tue, 01 June 2010 13:59 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

By Brody Levesque (Washington DC) June 1 | McDonald's Corporation in France has released a new advert campaign aimed at the LGBT community titled; "Come As You Are," to identify McDonald restaurants as a place where people can feel free to be themselves.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 14:04]

icon14.gif Re: Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad  [message #62566 is a reply to message #62565] Tue, 01 June 2010 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Refreshing...you'd never see anything that topical here in the USA, at least not from McDonalds. Cute lad, oblivious father...but aren't they all?
Thanks for the smile, Brody.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad  [message #62573 is a reply to message #62566] Thu, 03 June 2010 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

Hope they get brave and run a commercial like that one here in the States. Not a pretty climate at the moment.

Raymundo
Re: Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad  [message #62576 is a reply to message #62565] Thu, 03 June 2010 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That looks like the type of ad that could build into a story series.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
I see no reason that a similar ad ...  [message #62581 is a reply to message #62566] Thu, 03 June 2010 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... couldn't be run in North America, or anywhere else for that matter.

With regard to the U.S. market, if Kellogg's and Procter & Gamble (and I'm only supposing here) two of the most virulently homophobic American entities of all time within the broader corporate landscape can do complete about faces in not just their advertising policy but their corporate culture, why not McDonald's? Or any other for that matter?

How quickly we seem to have forgotten Kellogg's highly controversial, and yes, mind-boggling, "thighs" commercials of a few years ago; this from a company founded by, and bearing his name, a man who throughout his entire life-time espoused radical theories with regard to the treatment of the aberration of homosexuality and that his entire Wellness concept (perhaps an early foundation of what would become today's holistic approach to medicine) was riddled with Christian values so off-the-wall that our nascent "American Family Values" types could very well be writhing from bouts of orgasmic rapture as they trip over one another rushing, were they able, to kneel at his feet in supplication. Not to be forgotten either is that perhaps that as little as just a decade ago, Procter & Gamble too was the darling of the "Mr. and Mrs. American Family Values" set, which recently metamorphosed into becoming a champion for Gay Equality in the workplace, challenging both City (Cincinnati) and State (Ohio) Law respecting their right to provide benefits for employees enjoying same-sex, and not heterosexual, relationships.

The French-language McDonald's ad pales in comparison, and shouldn't even be a blip on the collective radar of the American conscience, let alone any others.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 03 June 2010 12:14]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I see no reason that a similar ad ...  [message #62584 is a reply to message #62581] Thu, 03 June 2010 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

But...But...Warren, the boy was so cute. Razz

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: I see no reason that a similar ad ...  [message #62585 is a reply to message #62581] Thu, 03 June 2010 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macky is currently offline  Macky

Really getting into it

Hey Warren,

Have you ever seen the Progressive Car Insurance company's series of ads where people come in and have custom car insurance whipped up for them? One of those commercials featured two young men who sure appeared gay to me (light stereotypical traits). But it was sort of a low impact thing, probably only noiticed by those of us with a gay bent. But maybe not, because it was my wife who pointed this out to me. YAY Progressive.

Max

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brothers to dwell together in unity!
Ps 133:1 NASB
icon12.gif Re: I see no reason that a similar ad ...  [message #62590 is a reply to message #62581] Thu, 03 June 2010 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clay49 is currently offline  Clay49

Getting started

Do you mean that you LIKED it Warren??????????????? :D:-() Razz
Henry ...  [message #62591 is a reply to message #62590] Fri, 04 June 2010 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... you're being cheeky; and yes, I did like it; and yes, I do feel they should just show the damn thing with no modifications at all, regardless of where they are screening it ... Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Outer Mongolia for that matter, substituting sub-titles (if necessary) for the relevant language of the region.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Bill O'Reilly makes an idiot out of himself...again  [message #62594 is a reply to message #62591] Fri, 04 June 2010 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

watch Bill O'Reilly's response to the ad here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WOP06FgYk&feature=player_embedded

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Bill O'Reilly makes an idiot out of himself...again  [message #62595 is a reply to message #62594] Fri, 04 June 2010 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Bill asked: "Does this ad make you hungry for McDonalds?" Well, gauging from the comments on the site, I'm sure Bill's mouth isn't watering for anything... it's full of foot! ::-)

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Bill O'Reilly makes an idiot out of himself...again  [message #62598 is a reply to message #62595] Fri, 04 June 2010 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Personally I hate all the McDonalds ads that just show someone sitting in a McDonalds eating. I want to see the FOOD advertised, not the people eating it.

So the ad doesn't make me hungry, but neither do most McDonalds ads.

O'Reilly... What can I say? He's a moron paid to provoke and preach to the closed minded.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
icon12.gif Re: Brody's Notes... McDonald's Corporation Releases Gay Ad  [message #62622 is a reply to message #62565] Mon, 07 June 2010 04:50 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I don't know if it made me hungry for McDonalds, but the boy made me drool somewhat... Did they start a trend? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJy-E_3MA7g

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: I'm a little scared...
Next Topic: Oh you know I can't resist this one....
Goto Forum: