A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > AFA claims 10-year-old Pride marshal is child abuse
AFA claims 10-year-old Pride marshal is child abuse  [message #62786] Sat, 26 June 2010 17:43 Go to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

Dallas Voice, Posted: 6/24/2010, 12:55 PM

Will Phillips, 10, has been chosen as grand marshal of the Northwest Arkansas Gay Pride Parade in his hometown of Fayetteville. Phillips is the young man who made news last fall when he refused to stand in class to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, because the pledge promises “liberty and justice for all” and, as he says, it’s a lie because LGBT people aren’t given equal rights in this country. Well, leave it up to our old buddy Tim Wildmon over at the American Family Association to say something egregiously stupid and outrageous about Will being given this honor. Wildmon is the same one who earlier this week railed against Home Depot for sponsoring the Southern Maine Pride festival and planning a booth at the Pride festival that will offer workshops for kids. He said then that “Home Depot is basically encouraging the attendance of children at events which openly expose them to transvestites, cross-dressers, and homosexual activists.” Wildmon’s e-mail today about Will being grand marshal was headlined “AFA says using 10-year-old as gay pride parade grand marshal a form of child abuse.” The rest of the e-mail says: “This weekend, the Northwest Arkansas Gay Pride Parade will have a 10-year-old boy, Will Marshall, serving as Grand Marshal. The boy says of homosexuals that this ‘is the way they are born.’ ‘It’s shameful that adults would abuse a brain-washed child in this way,’ said AFA president Tim Wildmon. ‘He’s obviously just parroting the nonsense he’s been told by manipulative adults. For gay activists to trot out this child and make him the poster child for promoting unnatural sexual expression is a form of child abuse."

http://www.dallasvoice.com/

Just as a side note, I noticed that at our recent Boise Gay Pride Festival, the number of straight couples attending outnumbered the gay couples by ten to one. Many of these were families with children. Such a public demonstration of acceptance in this staunchly republican state left me misty eyed.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: AFA claims 10-year-old Pride marshal is child abuse  [message #62788 is a reply to message #62786] Sat, 26 June 2010 19:37 Go to previous message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

HAHAHAHA
HEHEHEHE
HOOHOOHOOHOOHOO

Cos Christian groups have never brainwashed children and used them as poster boys?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Previous Topic: When did it become "HIV/AIDS"? And why?
Next Topic: I'm back…
Goto Forum: