A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?
If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #62961] Tue, 13 July 2010 09:23 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yes, it's insane, but, which would you be? And why?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #62963 is a reply to message #62961] Tue, 13 July 2010 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Oat Crunchies.

No longer widely available, having both benefits (healthy oats) and risk factors (high salt), slightly "retro" if not exactly downright old-fashioned, not designed to stop masturbation (hint - look up John Harvey Kellog), and will be remembered fondly by a small number of people.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Oh my ...  [message #62967 is a reply to message #62963] Tue, 13 July 2010 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... you are a caution!

"Not designed to stop masturbation", you say.

How I would simply adore seeing that one used as a "slug" in their advertising; it would certainly be a relief from daily onslaught and media love affaire with all things "Regularity", "Toilet-training" (both Child and recently Adult ... think Depends or Tena), "Bottom-cleansing", "Age-defying", "Healthy-diet", "Feminine-hygiene" (an oldie but goodie that's recently made a comeback ... remember those noxious FDS Deodorant Spray ads or the Massengill Vaginal Douches, albeit they didn't call them that back then, and would likely call-a-spade-a-spade today if they ran them) or even Johnson & Johnson's much bally-hoed "KY Intimacy Experiment", features deemed to risky to air even on Canadian Television and thus relegated to the World of YouTube and fast becoming a viral event all of its' own, wherein they took an industry staple and standard, re-packaged and re-branded, making it the next best thing and designer phenomenon.

Kellogg surely must have rolled over in his grave with the "Kellogg" sponsored "Thighs" commercials (I can't recall which product it was shilling) of 5-years ago; but, I can readily picture him rising up and smiting his marketing team were they ever to introduce that one into the mix; and a good time would be had by all were they to have the guts to use it.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2010 12:29]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #62968 is a reply to message #62961] Tue, 13 July 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

hehehehe... Now that is a bit of a random topic, but I love it all the same Smile

I would have to say that I am Kellogg's Fruit Loops

Full of fun and colour, but leave me in the wet too long and I just go all soft and grey Wink

http://www.frootloops.com

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
To keep the "Kellogg's" metaphor going ...  [message #62969 is a reply to message #62961] Tue, 13 July 2010 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... if only because I can; I would choose "Rice Krispies"; it all being, LOL, about the "Snap, Crackle and Pop" don't you see, and according to Kellogg's own web-site ricekrispies.ca "Moms Just Know".

If only that were always true, life for many a gay-youth would have been, and likely would be today, all that much simpler.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 13 July 2010 12:39]

Re: To keep the "Kellogg's" metaphor going ...  [message #62977 is a reply to message #62969] Tue, 13 July 2010 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I must be a Rice Krispie as well. Every morning I get out of bed to the sound of snap, crackle and pop. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
It's gotta be Uncle Toby's Oats...  [message #62978 is a reply to message #62977] Wed, 14 July 2010 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Coz nobody does it like Uncle Toby.
Not sure if that's a sling off to Mr Kellog.

Aussie
Cream of Wheat  [message #62979 is a reply to message #62961] Wed, 14 July 2010 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CabinBoy is currently offline  CabinBoy

Toe is in the water

I love plain old fashioned Cream of Wheat hot cereal. Not so much in the summers, but in the fall and winter it is great. You can eat it with butter and salt and pepper like grits, or with fruit and cinnamon and sugar, or just plain.
Re: Cream of Wheat  [message #62980 is a reply to message #62979] Wed, 14 July 2010 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie is currently offline  Aussie

Really getting into it

Yeah we know cabinboy, and wheat is not the only hot brekkie you like to cream Wink
Aussie
That would strictly depend upon ...  [message #62981 is a reply to message #62978] Wed, 14 July 2010 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... whatever it was that your "Uncle Toby" was doing, LOL, at the time he was doing it.

Regardless I'm thinking that old man Kellogg wouldn't have approved, dour, humourous old wind-bag that he was. From what I've read he didn't approve of a whole lot, other than moving his bowels and avoiding the pitfalls of "irregularity".

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canad

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2010 14:10]

It isn't called ...  [message #62982 is a reply to message #62980] Wed, 14 July 2010 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... "A stalk of wheat" for no reason, LOL, don't ya'll know; and I'm not especially certain of its' relevance to this thread; but here goes, the Chinese are known for having labeled the male genitalia as being "Steamy Stalks".

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"Timmy" however insane though it may ...  [message #62985 is a reply to message #62961] Wed, 14 July 2010 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... have been; once having put it out there, you've neglected to tell us which breakfast cereal YOU would be, and why?

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Re: "Timmy" however insane though it may ...  [message #62987 is a reply to message #62985] Wed, 14 July 2010 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Oh, I think Cheerios.

I'll leave you guessing why for the moment.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "Timmy" however insane though it may ...  [message #62988 is a reply to message #62987] Wed, 14 July 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

We, of course could ask "if that's the Honey-nut variety?", or one of a slew of others that have appeared over the years; my own take would be that it's likely because of the "Big G" in Goodness has struck your fancy, and Cheerios was the first of General Mills' brands to use that particular advertising slug, it's got to be more than 40-years ago or more (and now long-since abandoned); with that probably having appealed to a teen-aged boy in particular.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Re: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #62989 is a reply to message #62961] Wed, 14 July 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

If I were a breakfast cereal, I'm sure I'd be a Sugar Puff because they have more fun than other cereals.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #63031 is a reply to message #62989] Sat, 17 July 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

I used to eat Roman Meal hot cereal frequently, especially during high school and college. So Roman Meal is who I am.

Raymundo
Re: If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be?  [message #63095 is a reply to message #62961] Thu, 29 July 2010 01:50 Go to previous message
Scott is currently offline  Scott

Likes it here

HEY! I just found this thread. Me.....Honey Nut Cheerios. Just let your imagination........hmmmm

Cycling is the one sport where a guy can shave his legs, wear spandex and bright colors, and be accepted.
Previous Topic: Female Circumcision
Next Topic: Perversion Pride Parade
Goto Forum: