A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Clouds of Glory
Clouds of Glory  [message #6308] Mon, 02 December 2002 19:02 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, Mihangel won't see this post. He doesn;t come here any more, you see. But his latest story is on the site. Clouds of Glory.

Very interesting tale, dealing with tolerance and intolerance, and with deep and abiding love

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon12.gif By the way  [message #6310 is a reply to message #6308] Mon, 02 December 2002 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I know we kind of decided that critiques are challenging,and no-one likes a huge list of "Yeah, I loved it" posts, but DO remember to write to the authors of stories you like. Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif Brilliant and moving  [message #6311 is a reply to message #6310] Mon, 02 December 2002 23:55 Go to previous message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

Another bloody brilliant piece of writing by Mihangel, again set among the mountains, history, and people of Wales, and again suffused with good literature, an intelligent romanticism, and some damned fine story-telling instincts. Woo-hoo! I feel like I got an early and unlooked-for Christmas present. Although few Christmas presents move me to tears by the time I finish opening them. I'm a sucker for tales of love both impossible and fated.

Of course, you all have been given the same present as well, if you hustle over and read it.

Peace, love, and understanding,
(and Elvis Costello's wit and humor)

PianoGuy
Easy reading is damned hard writing.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne, writer (1804-1864)
Previous Topic: A word from "Simon"
Next Topic: Only 18 days until my holiday with my Man!
Goto Forum: