A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hmm, reactions to this Advert ought to be interesting.....
icon12.gif Hmm, reactions to this Advert ought to be interesting.....  [message #63785] Mon, 13 September 2010 15:28 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

"Cute" ...  [message #63787 is a reply to message #63785] Mon, 13 September 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... and potentially life affirming, with very real possibility inherent in its' scripting; but, I can go you one better; and not, to my reckoning and way of thinking, in a nice way either.

The following advertisement is in limited rotation ONLY in Canada apparently, and I personally find it patronizing and just all-round offensive. I positively cringe each and every time it airs, and need to walk out of the room. I abhor "pandering", on any scale, in advertising, when it specifically targets a special interest group (and frankly I simply don't care which ones either, just that it is doing so) solely for financial gain.

Burger King | "Date" Commercial (alternatively known as the Burger King Steakhouse XT "Date")

I suspect that had the two "patrons" both been in Drag, and "two very different people" portraying them, I might react somewhat more positively to it; whereas it being the same actor both in and out of Drag depicting a contented couple enjoying a meal together resonates with me in not a nice way at all.

A side note, and interesting in of itself, I've discovered when trying to locate this vidéo at youtube.com this morning, Burger King's "Channel" at YouTube has been suspended; with my needing to use a search-engine to locate it in order that I might embed it here for all to (sic) enjoy.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2010 16:13]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: "Cute" ...  [message #63789 is a reply to message #63787] Mon, 13 September 2010 16:27 Go to previous message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Is that add pandering to anyone, Warren?

I saw an add for "blokes" that like big burgers that says "this burger is so blokey that it's what you'd want bought for you (but of course you're a bloke so you don't have things bought for you)"

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Previous Topic: Reminds me of a Blue Whale
Next Topic: My own questions
Goto Forum: