A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Robert's Funeral is on Thursday
Robert's Funeral is on Thursday  [message #6368] Wed, 04 December 2002 22:47 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Stephen has written to let me know.

I have suggested to Stephen that the folliwing words might be appropriate:

"Robert had many friends that he never knew. His gentleness of spirit delighted those whose lives he touched even slightly. He is missed worldwide."

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Those words seem just right  [message #6378 is a reply to message #6368] Thu, 05 December 2002 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick is currently offline  nick

Likes it here

No Message Body
Re: Robert's Funeral is on Thursday  [message #6380 is a reply to message #6368] Thu, 05 December 2002 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the scholar is currently offline  the scholar

Toe is in the water

Thank you, Timmy, for those words - I am saying a few of my own at the funeral tomorrow and these shall be incorporated.

The reason I am actually posting here, apart from being unable to contemplate even going to bed tonight, is to let all of you know that I have printed off each and every MB message and personal e-mail I have received since the death of Robert and had them all laminated. I have had a two floral tributes made up - one says "The Scholar" the other "IOMFATS" and I am having those laminated messages pinned to those floral tributes.

Why? Two reasons. One - because I wanted the few people who will be at his funeral to know that Robert had many friends who thought a great deal about him and two - because I wanted to. I hope no one minds.

Hugs to all
Stephen
It is a beautiful sentiment... and no one would mind.....  [message #6381 is a reply to message #6380] Thu, 05 December 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marc is currently offline  marc

Needs to get a life!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and him tomorow.

Life is great for me... Most of the time... But then I meet people online... Very few are real friends... Many say they are but know nothing of what it means... Some say they are, but are so shallow...
moist eyes.  [message #6382 is a reply to message #6380] Thu, 05 December 2002 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That is WONDERFUL.

He was, IS, a fine man.

I felt love in all he said and did

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
This is an extemely nice touch ... Wish I could be there.  [message #6383 is a reply to message #6380] Thu, 05 December 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darren is currently offline  Darren

Likes it here

No Message Body
Re: Robert's Funeral is on Thursday  [message #6398 is a reply to message #6380] Thu, 05 December 2002 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

Hugs Steven from Down Under... Your Love wil be so big and others will see how much Scholar was cared for.

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
I hope it was a good event  [message #6416 is a reply to message #6368] Fri, 06 December 2002 00:17 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

As good as such events can be

Previous Topic: Back to lurking.
Next Topic: Further on the subject of happiness...a happy song...hehehe
Goto Forum: